lube/greasing mack 4800gal water trucks

Hello all...I am looking for access to a website that points out the grease fittings for the above mentioned truck...a lot of off-road travel involved...pictures of points in regard to chassis, suspension, and drive shaft would be great....Any information in regard to the easiest way to handle this chore would save this green-horn money and time...Any routine suggestions for this?

Steering shaft has a u joint. Have to raise front end off ground Turn shaft to grease

Look at ALL moving parts of steering system. Upper and lower king pins, Brake cam shaft and slack adjuster

Clutch swing arms (tough to see if dirty) Throw out bearing

ALL u joints. Some may have two grease fittings for ease of service. Slip yoke

Rear brakes-cam shfts and slack adjusters.

Shake u-joints while there to see if loose/worn

Best if you can pressure wash before greasing so you can find easier.

Figure at least 1 hour and a tube + of grease

Some fittings may face downward, some rearward. Bring a rag or 4 to clean.

Grease until fresh grease comes out

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

If you dont find anything, prolly wont, just have to get your coveralls on and crawl all up under there and check all the obvious wear places looking for fittings,,,i.e...drivelines, balljoints, slipjoints. There usually is a grease fitting on the water pump also. It will be in all the obvious places any other truck would have. A lot of water trucks even have centralized greasing points with 5 or 6 together. Hope this helps,,,,randyp

I bought me one those handy dandy Lincoln air operated grease guns, simplifies things and speeds it up,,,,randyp

Just so you can fire up the Northstar air comp.

I thought about one, however, have to spin boom to grease slewing ring. hose would get all tangled up

Give my truck a hand job every week. Keeps it happy. Wife don't understand

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Just so you can fire up the Northstar air comp.

I thought about one, however, have to spin boom to grease slewing ring. hose would get all tangled up

Give my truck a hand job every week. Keeps it happy. Wife don't understand

She will when you go blind.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yup....ABSOLUTELY spend the money on the Lincoln grease gun. DO NOT waste your money on "cheaper" immitations like I did. I've got 3 other air-powered grease guns that don't work for crap....the Lincoln works as reliably as my old trusty manual squeeze grease gun, but without all the hand cramps from squeezing that damn thing a gazillion times to grease the millions of damn grease fittings these trucks seem to have....

5_1162.jpg

:banana::dwave::chili:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yep Rowdy, thas the one and only to have! The first coupla times i used mine, had a lil trouble re-priming when i changed tubes but finally figured out to not screw head all way on before pushing plunger down, now it doesnt get airlocked anymore. i really like mine and dont miss "hand cramps",,,,well,,,least not caused by grease gun anyway,,,,,randyp

Yep Rowdy, thas the one and only to have! The first coupla times i used mine, had a lil trouble re-priming when i changed tubes but finally figured out to not screw head all way on before pushing plunger down, now it doesnt get airlocked anymore. i really like mine and dont miss "hand cramps",,,,well,,,least not caused by grease gun anyway,,,,,randyp

Little too small for a comfortable grip?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I think of good ole Abe " Honest Abe " I should say everytime I see the name. LOL

mike

Speaking of ex-presidents.....

Fox News has a story on the website today about John Tyler....America's 10th President....as in served between William Henry Harrison & James K. Polk...President of these United States of America 20 years before Abraham Lincoln assumed the position.....yeah, THAT John Tyler....

10jt_header_sm.jpg?1250871449

He has 2 grandchildren who are still alive....

The men, Lyon Gardiner Tyler Jr., born in 1924, and Harrison Ruffin Tyler, born in 1928, are the sons of Lyon Gardiner Tyler, one of President Tyler’s 15 children.

President Tyler was 63 when his son, Lyon Gardiner Tyler, was born,

----snip----

And Lyon had his children even later; he was in his 70s when his sons were born

That's a lot of years separating only a generation or two. :blink:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that there are still people alive today who's grandfather was born in 1790...only 3 years after our Constitution was signed! :o

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Speaking of ex-presidents.....

Fox News has a story on the website today about John Tyler....America's 10th President....as in served between William Henry Harrison & James K. Polk...President of these United States of America 20 years before Abraham Lincoln assumed the position.....yeah, THAT John Tyler....

10jt_header_sm.jpg?1250871449

He has 2 grandchildren who are still alive....

That's a lot of years separating only a generation or two. :blink:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that there are still people alive today who's grandfather was born in 1790...only 3 years after our Constitution was signed! :o

WTF? That is the craziest thing I have seen in a long time - of course I would read it on here - I looked it up and it is true - crazy, crazy, crazy