Roadway U773T's

post-61-0-64820300-1327126219_thumb.jpg

post-61-0-51966400-1327126274_thumb.jpg

There used to be a boatload of these floating around after Roadway traded them.Anyone know if any still survive?They were '77's if I remember right,model U773T,8v71 Detroit engines,10 speed,air start,fixed tag axle,and 11:24.5 budd wheels.

Roadway also ran a later batch of U models but they were U626's with 6v92's and 9 speeds.

• Like 1

I saw a boatload (literally)of ex-roadway Macks,Whites,and Fords up at Port Elizabeth (NJ) about 10 years ago,all had there decals removed,were waiting to be loaded on a ship for export to who knows where. Never really saw any of the U-models around after that, New England Motor freight also had a bunch of U-models which i still see on occaision............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I Remember the RoadWay U Models running round the Memphis area when i was a kid . & hear both the 6V92 & 8V71 (318) Screamin Jimmy Detroits in them .

I've always liked my screamin Jimmy motors but when i 1st herd a :MackLogo: W/ a detroit in it , it just didnt sound right to me . I Guess to my family owning :Pure Breed Bulldog's is the reason why it just seemed strange to me .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

The company I work for had one of these for many years. It was really ugly. The last I knew the 318 was installed into an old Michigan loader, and the rest of the truck was scrapped. They still have an old Roadway Mack, if it didn't get cut up yet. It has a 300+ Mack engine in it now, but I was told that it had a Detroit when built. It is a U model , but the hood is not as high as the truck in your picture. It does have a Hendrickson suspension with a dead axle.

The company I work for had one of these for many years. It was really ugly. The last I knew the 318 was installed into an old Michigan loader, and the rest of the truck was scrapped. They still have an old Roadway Mack, if it didn't get cut up yet. It has a 300+ Mack engine in it now, but I was told that it had a Detroit when built. It is a U model , but the hood is not as high as the truck in your picture. It does have a Hendrickson suspension with a dead axle.

do you have any pictures of them u models or history on them?

tumblr_l9s7ezxJxI1qcke4q.jpg

The 300+ powered one must have been one of the later U626T's that had the 6V92.