Unique Looking Belly Dumps

HeavyGunner

I am still toying with the idea of puttin' my B model to work if everything checks out this spring and use it to haul gravel during the summer and possibly pull a seed cleaner in the winter. Anyway I came across these 2 belly dumps and it almost looks like they could be hooked up and used as doubles. At any rate they would look damn cool behind my B model. Oh and the price is $1750.00 doesnt say each just says $1750.00 between the pics, hell they are probably worth that in scrap.

post-8681-0-30923400-1326769385_thumb.jppost-8681-0-53266100-1326769412_thumb.jp

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Yeah it might be a good buy but I bet they are heavier than hell. Other than being old and looking cool they dont do much for me. Look like a guy could get pretty deep in those projects fast.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

Do they both have air gates and full width door so you can spread with them?

My neighbor uses a small one like the single axle to spread gravel on long driveways and farmer lanes where the trees are so thick over the road he can't raise a dump bed high enough to get the gravel out. He had to rework the air dump system so that it did not just open all the way. And he has to be sure there is a place to turn around at the end of the drive!

If you buy them and then don't like 'em you could dump them off at a auction and get your money back.

little devil on the shoulder says:buy it!

Never seen doors that open that way.

Me neither, what you probably cant see is the hole on the other where you can stick your 6 foot spud bar and use it to manually open those gates.

Do they both have air gates and full width door so you can spread with them?

My neighbor uses a small one like the single axle to spread gravel on long driveways and farmer lanes where the trees are so thick over the road he can't raise a dump bed high enough to get the gravel out. He had to rework the air dump system so that it did not just open all the way. And he has to be sure there is a place to turn around at the end of the drive!

If you buy them and then don't like 'em you could dump them off at a auction and get your money back.

little devil on the shoulder says:buy it!

You're right the little devil says buy it but he also remembers how pissed my wife would be since she cannot see the value in vintage equipment. lol

You're right the little devil says buy it but he also remembers how pissed my wife would be since she cannot see the value in vintage equipment. lol

HeavyGunner,

Are your wife and mine sisters???? I have an old belly dump that came free with my B73, manual doors and all. Everyone tells me to scrap it to pay for parts for the truck, but I love vintage equipment. I'll see if I can find a few pics of the the non air doors.

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

HeavyGunner,

Are your wife and mine sisters???? I have an old belly dump that came free with my B73, manual doors and all. Everyone tells me to scrap it to pay for parts for the truck, but I love vintage equipment. I'll see if I can find a few pics of the the non air doors.

Ben

If they arent sisters they are sound like they are certainly cut from the same mold. I would definitely like to see your pics.

Junk + junk= More of the same! You'll need a dolly too, and at least a dozen new tires just for the trailers. And how many horses does your B75 have? With a long drawbar this combinbation would be good for around 100,000 pounds, and that requires around 400 horses just to keep up with the slow traffic. You'll need low gears too, to start 50 tons on an upgrade. B models are fine for show and pulling light trailers, but as working trucks they're pretty much obsolete- better to start with something like an R model for that.

The are not obsolete to work with, just gotta know your limitations. randyp

That is actually my take on it also but wouldn't want to work it hard every day as difficult to obtain parts will be short lived. If a guy runs the truck like it was designed, it will still last a long time given good maintenance. I'd have nothing against doing the proposal but I know how I treat equipment and it's a world different than a "hired hand" would.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Junk + junk= More of the same! You'll need a dolly too, and at least a dozen new tires just for the trailers. And how many horses does your B75 have? With a long drawbar this combinbation would be good for around 100,000 pounds, and that requires around 400 horses just to keep up with the slow traffic. You'll need low gears too, to start 50 tons on an upgrade. B models are fine for show and pulling light trailers, but as working trucks they're pretty much obsolete- better to start with something like an R model for that.

I dont have or want an R model and yes as I stated before you could get real deep into a project like those trailers real quick.

I dont have or want an R model and yes as I stated before you could get real deep into a project like those trailers real quick.

The only thing better, or on par with a B is an R (700 of course)!! Whatcha mean ya don't want one????

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That is actually my take on it also but wouldn't want to work it hard every day as difficult to obtain parts will be short lived. If a guy runs the truck like it was designed, it will still last a long time given good maintenance. I'd have nothing against doing the proposal but I know how I treat equipment and it's a world different than a "hired hand" would.

Rob

Exactly, that is kinda what I was asking about in my other post "possibly puttin' my b to work", will it hurt to use on occasion 2-3 days a week at most (weekends) pulling reasonable weights. I think the gyst of the other post was go over the truck with a fine tooth comb (I have a mechanic lined up to spend a couple days going over/thru everything this spring), dont overload it or hotrod it expecting it to pull hard like later model trucks and I should be fine. I want to use the truck more than a couple times a year pulling my travel trailer and thought this might be an opportunity to make some money doing some short hauls.

The only thing better, or on par with a B is an R (700 of course)!! Whatcha mean ya don't want one????

Rob

Ok maybe that's a lie that I dont want one, I love B's but if I were to get another truck I would like to get an old cab over like H63 (I think that was the model) to park next to my B.

Nuthin' wrong with occassionally using a B model in good mechanical shape to do what it was designed to do, and a few folks on this site use their Bs to occassionally move lighter machinery or travel trailers. IIRC, the biggest engine offered in the B was 300 HP, and given the small radiator that's about all it could handle. As for weight capacity, IIRC the highest rated GCW was 76,800 pounds for tractors in the B7x range. So a B75 in good mechanical shape could probably handle that one but not both of those loaded trailers with a top speed of maybe 60, and hope you don't have to go over any mountains.

I never thought about it but I do agree with Gearhead grrl on this. I know the B will get it rolling. no problem. that weight plus whatever motor you have in there 45mph on the flat and forget uphill you'll be dropping 2 or 3 gears at a time. I would have to say you'd need more motor and go with that. I can understand the wanting to work it a few days aweek. I don't think you'd get many loads but hey I could be wrong. You'd walk all those big horses out there and leave them sitting on the hill. What you might want to look into. Go to a job where they have trailers sitting. Not junk ones and contract out to spot them onsite. Now you work it but not get alot of miles and no need for a big horse. usually anyplace that does parking garages have 50 trailers sitting there and 1 or 2 guys spotting. Also sometimes those jobs suck.

When I was at Commercial carriers doing the parking garage for the big mall up there on okechobee I think it is been a long time. We where burying the trucks. Now they run all Macks. Had mack rears with a single stick 6 speed. Get in that sand and sink to the axles and the trailers were 75' long

I bet it would handle one of the trailers fine, that way you can get around better if you have to back up. It will haul enough for little jobs so you can use your truck more throughout the year.

Paint it up and restore it so it looks good going down the road with the B model pulling it.

• Like 1

yes you guys are both right I cannot haul big loads or doubles with my B, but like olivetree said it would haul one trailer decently. Like slpwlker said I probably couldnt get many loads hauled but that isnt a big problem because my truck is paid for and I wouldnt get into any trailer that a I would have a big payment on. Basicaly I am hauling as a fun hobby that I can make a little money at while doing. No disillusions of getting rich doing this just have a little fun using my B within its limits and make a little coin while the "boom" is here for a the next year or two. Oh and slpwlkr I meant to say earlier that spotting trailers wouldnt be a bad idea but I live no where close to where something like that exists. I am just trying to capitalize on the little wind mill farm boom going on right now near me. Good flat as a pancake hauling about 60-80 mile round trips. Thanks for all your inputs.

post-6944-0-65749900-1326866412_thumb.pn

If they arent sisters they are sound like they are certainly cut from the same mold. I would definitely like to see your pics.

Here are a few pics I pulled off some videos. Not great but they show how the set up works. Good luck and I hope to hear some good stories of your gravel hauling experiance.

1962 B733 L cab

post-6944-0-65749900-1326866412_thumb.pn

Here are a few pics I pulled off some videos. Not great but they show how the set up works. Good luck and I hope to hear some good stories of your gravel hauling experiance.

Thats definitely an odd set up, but very cool.