R MODEL WESTERN EDITION

AL BREWER

Western R models came in both the 600 standard hood and 700 long hood.RL's had aluminum frames,RS's had steel frames,They were built from 1966 to 1981 in Hayward,CA.In 1978 the RL/RS600's were badged as Value-Liners and the RL/RS700's were discontinued and replaced by the Super-Liner.The RL/RS600 Value-Liners stayed in production at Macungie,PA from '81 up til '90 I believe.

Nobody wants any of those old ugly things. Especially those long hood RL, and RS 700 series. Yuk! Must be why I have so many.

They do come up every now and then but seem to be appreciating as they become more collectible. What engine are you particularly looking for?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 4 weeks later...

Wata you mean, ugly? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have over two million miles on my 1981 RS612 and if I had not bought a 2000 Vision (CX613) I would still be driving it. It has nothing wrong with it except being "old". I would not be affraid to drive it anywhere. I think it is a cool truck.

Wata you mean, ugly? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I have over two million miles on my 1981 RS612 and if I had not bought a 2000 Vision (CX613) I would still be driving it. It has nothing wrong with it except being "old". I would not be affraid to drive it anywhere. I think it is a cool truck.

You must not know my history.

I have five of em cause they are the most beautiful R models to ever grace the highways and backroads of gods green earth in my opinion.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Nope, do not know your history! Hopefully no offence. I do not usually post much but saw yours and had to say something when you called the R ugly. I fell in "love" with the B Model in 1958 but when I bought the R it was almost as exciting as when I boght an old rusted AC. Since my 2000 Vision is exciting too, I can only say a Mack is a Mack and anything else is just a truck..

Nope, do not know your history! Hopefully no offence. I do not usually post much but saw yours and had to say something when you called the R ugly. I fell in "love" with the B Model in 1958 but when I bought the R it was almost as exciting as when I boght an old rusted AC. Since my 2000 Vision is exciting too, I can only say a Mack is a Mack and anything else is just a truck..

None taken and thanks. All in fun around here.

Rob

Terry The West Coast dog in Tn is Right up the road from me bout 30 mins In the next county North of me. & IT SHOULD MAKE YOU NERVOUS cause of the dealer that has it it.

You Gotta watch the Baskin's. They will hook ya & crook ya so quick it make your head spin. <_< I Call em greet em ,cheat em , & ream em truck sales. i could had went all day w/o seeing any of thier JUNK !! :thumbsdown: I Have pass by thier place all the time .

My family has delt w/ them for years (when we had no other choice. ) when it comes to parts : they will tell you : Yeah we got it !!! then when ya get up there your WAITING ALL DAMN DAY & they may or may not have it When i could had went to Tri State Mack in Memphis & got it the next couple of days by the latest !! (my granddad's idea to go there to get a truck back running the same day. & i used to cringe @ the idea of dealing w/ the Baskins. & still do)

& dont ask for your money back on parts . they will offer another part like the same but other than that they will send ya back out the door & back out on Highway 51!!!

I Stay away from em as much as possible !! I'VE HAD Too Many damn headaches from dealing w/ them. It's giving me a headache just thinking & talking about them .

Just my 2 cents & laying the cards on the table .

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Terry The West Coast dog in Tn is Right up the road from me bout 30 mins In the next county North of me. & IT SHOULD MAKE YOU NERVOUS cause of the dealer that has it it.

You Gotta watch the Baskin's. They will hook ya & crook ya so quick it make your head spin. <_< I Call em greet em ,cheat em , & ream em truck sales. i could had went all day w/o seeing any of thier JUNK !! :thumbsdown: I Have pass by thier place all the time .

My family has delt w/ them for years (when we had no other choice. ) when it comes to parts : they will tell you : Yeah we got it !!! then when ya get up there your WAITING ALL DAMN DAY & they may or may not have it When i could had went to Tri State Mack in Memphis & got it the next couple of days by the latest !! (my granddad's idea to go there to get a truck back running the same day. & i used to cringe @ the idea of dealing w/ the Baskins. & still do)

& dont ask for your money back on parts . they will offer another part like the same but other than that they will send ya back out the door & back out on Highway 51!!!

I Stay away from em as much as possible !! I'VE HAD Too Many damn headaches from dealing w/ them. It's giving me a headache just thinking & talking about them .

Just my 2 cents & laying the cards on the table .

:mack1:

They don't seem to know the engine under the hood neither. Sure looks like an ENDT865B to me rated at either 322, or 325 horse but they state 400........

I remember the dealership myself; wasn't impressed.

Rob