Shifting...Nice and Easy

im gonna post a video of when we start my u model up in the spring. there will be a ton of fog. i cant wait!!!

by the way leversole are you even touching the clutch? :twothumbsup::bulldog1::SMOKIE-LFT::SMOKIE-RT:

Only to get it rolling or pulling up to the stop sign! I think it is more difficult to double clutch it...If you match the road speed to engine speed for the gear you want, it goes right in! Sometimes when I luck out and the stars are aligned it sucks the stick outta my hand to go into gear!

well i usually just split 4th and fifth,on flat ground,,and light,but ya,,if you got a good load and a slight incline,,,especially with that rubber band engine those things came with,,,with the 460 horse they got now,,dont need so many gears/bob

Mine is a Triplex...TRTL...Mine is Direct in 5-D...5H is OD (.85)

Here is a chart of some ratios I have gathered...I left out the backwards/too close ones on the trq

post-6773-0-46059600-1323376721.jpg

im anxious to see your oppinion once you try to pull any weight with that truck,,,even an empty box,on a good grade,will knock you back to like 35-40 miles per hour,,be droppin 4 or 5 gears,lol..you will be ready to get out,and beat it to death with a sledge hammer,,even a good headwind on flat ground,,and an empty box.and you cant let it drop under 1700 rpms,,or it will fall flat on its face,,trust me,,stick to bobtailing,,allot more fun..good luck bob

Just my trailer will kill my truck. It's only as tall as the truck and only 15K lbs, but sure does knock the wind outta sails! 180HP only goes so far! Any kinda of short steep grade leaves you flail'n your hands around trying to find a gear to keep your speed.

Now that I got 4 more gears, I'd like to see how far I can run it on level ground(if I can find enough level ground LOL). Gearing should get me 85 mph, but not thinking it will get there with a trailer too. Of course NOT getting a ticket running 85 mph would be a good thing too.

Extra handle added........

SDC11022.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"