Terry T Posted November 20, 2011 Share Posted November 20, 2011 Not at all trucking related, but I just feel the need to mention this to eveyone I know. Without going into the long story with all the details, my friend Kenny is a Columbia City, IN police officer & a Thorn Creek Twp firefighter and his wife, Julie is a Whitley County Sheriff Department dispatcher. A nightmare came true for them Thursday night at approx 11pm. Julie took a 911 call of a house fire.... from their 15 year old son. Yes their house was on fire, Kenny was 1st on scene and had to fight a fire in his own home after Julie took the 911 call of their own home on fire. Kenny has stressed. Check your smoke detectors, they save lives. Have a family emergency plan, They do and it got both of their sons out alive and unharmed. They did loose one of their 3 cats in the fire. I want to stress, check each of your outlets and all of your power strips. Kenny believes that the fire started in a powerstrip next to their bed. This is the power strip that had his scanner, police radio charger, police radio battery charger & fire radio plugged into. The new 800 radios that the department has gone to has a duel battery system and he believe that this was enough to overheat the power strip.T. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.