Pretty cool people still have these...

Tom, i drove an MB for a short time when i was younger,my uncle was terminal manager for APA at their philly terminal,he got me the job,an about three months later they went out of business! but a good truck for for city work,thats for sure!................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Tom, i drove an MB for a short time when i was younger,my uncle was terminal manager for APA at their philly terminal,he got me the job,an about three months later they went out of business! but a good truck for for city work,thats for sure!................................Mark

Mark,

There had to be thousands and thousands of those MB's in the Jersey area years back jez! just in garbage trucks with 25yr Leach packer's! where the hell did they all go??

I had one, an MB 400 with a 20 yd leach, with a Mack 465 (not the Scaina motor) with a TRD-77 trans. No power but it wasn't a bad truck.

BULLHUSK

Mark,

There had to be thousands and thousands of those MB's in the Jersey area years back jez! just in garbage trucks with 25yr Leach packer's! where the hell did they all go??

I had one, an MB 400 with a 20 yd leach, with a Mack 465 (not the Scaina motor) with a TRD-77 trans. No power but it wasn't a bad truck.

BULLHUSK

Yeah, Overnite had a lot of them too.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Yeah Ernie,seems everybody had MB's at one time! i'm pretty sure APA had about a thousand of them before going to the MR's which nobody liked! drivers hated them for some reason,i never got to drive one myself. the one i drove was the scania engine with a 5 speed Mack trans. only thing was no power steering,end of the day your arms would look like popeye! sometimes wish that hada worked out,hell i coulda been damn near retired by now! APA was a good gig,good pay,they treated their guys very well,my uncle started as a city driver,ended up terminal manager at the terminal on aramingo ave. in philly,he was there almost 50 years before he passed!............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Jamacia Ash still has a few and where we are Holab Recyling and Artic Fuel each have around 30 betwen them. They are the MR or MF's though. I think Holabs are LNG fueled also. Always liked them better than the Mid Liners too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE