Local ATHS show Pictures

Stopped by the local ATHS show today. Despite early signs of rain this morning it looks like they had a pretty good turnout with trucks present from several states. There was a lone Mack LH there, no one seemed to be around to ask questions of, but I did snap a few pictures.

Mack LH

post-6084-0-94811900-1316298246_thumb.jp

Picture of some brake hardware

post-6084-0-74787800-1316298340_thumb.jp

Inside the cab

post-6084-0-26647700-1316298374_thumb.jp

I'll get a few pictures of some of the other trucks up later.

• Like 2

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Here's a White fire truck. There was a disproportionate number of White vehicles, I'm not complaining cuz it's still better than seeing nothing but Peterbilts, I just didn't realize they were so popular here. That's a big twin steer axle Kenworth parked on the other side of the fire truck.

post-6084-0-01657400-1316304554_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-75156300-1316304595_thumb.jp

post-6084-0-25638900-1316304630_thumb.jp

Here's a REO

post-6084-0-22246500-1316304730_thumb.jp

I'm not sure what the deal was with it. I'm thinking maybe it was an oilfield truck that was modified. The frame rails were kind of rough looking, like it may have had a winch bed or something attached to it. Wish someone would have been around to interrogate.

Sad thing about the show was that I saw more classic R models on my way to and from the show than there were trucks on display. This was only the seventh annual show, so hopefully it will keep growing, maybe some of those Bulldogs will make it there one day!

Some type of Dodge pickup truck. On the other side of the Mack I believe is an R series International.

I was going to say the grille looks like a 46-47 Dodge truck,but the rest does'nt seem to fit with the vehicle,maybe something homemade?...............................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Here's a White fire truck. There was a disproportionate number of White vehicles

Based on the license plates I assume this was in CO. Van Pelt, a CA fire apparatus builder, delivered a lot of rigs to that area and they seemed to favor Whites for their commercial cab stuff during that era. I'm guessing White must have been a popular truck on the west coast.

It's pretty unusual to see a four door though, not much so for the white White as white is a popular fire apparatus color in the Denver area.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!