Newbie from N.H.

macksmoke

Hi, I've been on this site for a few months now and found alot of good info! My name is Steven Brunelle. I live in Amherst N.H. A few months ago I picked up a 1964 B-67ST and a 1957 B-61T. I'm currently restoring the B-67 and using the B-61 for some parts. I got the b-67 running and working on the rear half first. I've been through the diffs., relined the shoes, cleaned the frame and working on getting the drums turned. Once I get the hubs/drums back on I need to paint from cab back and flush the rear ends. Then off comes the cab and the frame gets put away for the snow. I have been taking pics. and will post for all when I get a chance. Steve.

Truck info:

1964 B-67ST 9040

5-4 trans.

bogie twin screw

END673P

1957 B-61T 12613

5-4 trans

Single axle

END673

Welcome to the BMT site. Sounds like you have your job cut out for ya, building on the truck. I'm trying to do the same with mine and have done nothing the whole blame summer. Oh yea , me and the g/f came to NH in 2006 and flew into Manchester Airport, rented a car with GPS. Drove over to Portsmouth, NH and stayed several nights at "Wentworth By The Sea" it was a beautiful place, like no other place I've ever stayed before. Then drove to Portland, Maine for two nights so we could enjoy a trip on the ocean sailing, on one of the Windjammer vessels. I would like to come back and visit, I think it was called White Mountain Rail Road, a cog type of engine. Anyway maybe someday, i'll get to eat the great lobster again.

Good luck on your project steven.

mike

Thanks guys.

Mike, that's the Cog Railroad going up Mt. Washington. I have not been on it but they have a auto road to the summit, I've been on that a few times. Nice ride, you should try it.

Rob, seems you have a collection! I'll be taking a ride out to Morrison IL. on the 16th. Steve.

Hi Steve and welcome to the site. Great bunch of guys here and you will fit right in with the trucks you mention. I like those B67's but I'm almost too large to fit inside the cab and be able to shut the driver's door.

I'm not familiar with Morrison, IL. I know where a couple of cities/towns are located named similar, but not that one. If you're anyplace around Peoria, give me a call; 309-219-2070. I'm usually in the shop after 6:30pm this and next month.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Welcome to the site. As a refugee New Englander its always nice to have someone from back home on board.

What is the history of your trucks? Have you written to the museum for the build sheets, etc. yet?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!