Swapping Fromt2080 To Allison

automatic-expensive, alot of engineering from an 8 sp.. buy a reman 8 sp.from a Mack dealer. A lot better reduction on the low side, warranty, better resale. Also the overdrive is different. 8 speed= .60, allison(depends on the model) from 1.00 to approx .67(electronic vs linkage?). chassis will run slower. due your homework or you be disappointed, plus out of alot of cash.

WOW !! I didnt realize I was such a P.O.S.

Pardon me on this one but I don't see any reason to take offense as there was no reference to yourself or anyone personally. We all have values and beliefs and they should be cherished and respected by all, even if we don't believe the same.

I know, I should have been a preacher......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

WOW !! I didnt realize I was such a P.O.S.

I'm sure you realized I do not like automatic transmissions, and was expressing my opinion on what course of action the original poster should take.

It was in no way a reference to your username.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

In my opinion Allison Transmissions are not "POS". And are a very good option to a manual, and they do increase resale value,mpg, off road abilities. I guess it all depends on the way you look at things, and your point of view.

You are entitled to your opinion, just as I am entitled to mine.

Perhaps the key word in your reply

And are a very good option to a manual,
is the word "option", meaning that manual is the best choice, but an automatic is an option.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I've put many a mile on both the Maxitorque and Allison, and too many miles on Eaton's RoadWasteers. In tortureous city service at the Postal Service, both the Maxitorque and Allison rarely fail in the Postal Services 10 years/500,000 miles/20,000+ hours ownership cycle. The RoadWaster isn't quite so reliable, but the rebuild kits are cheap...

Thusly the Allisons only extra expenses are higher initial cost, while in city and off road driving the manual transmissions will cost more in clutches and productivity will suffer. So if you can get an Allison for the price volume buyers like the Postal Service gets them for and your operating conditions are as rough as the Postal Service's, the Allison is a good investment. But in no way is the Allison a POS, and if you can get one at a good price I'd grab it.

I Run several MR Macks in off road conditions, (Liquid Manure Hauler), they all have the T2060 trans, But I have set up a few of the MR's with automatics for customers (Silage Trucks), In my opinion off road your productivity will increase and you will not be disappointed but It will cost you to swap. You will be hard pressed to exceed 60 MPH unless you have a rear end ratio below 4.17. I have installed a few (not changeovers, but just replacements. i don't think a change over would be that difficult. If interested contact me I would be willing to give you a quote....

• 1 month later...