Is 460hp The Biggest Engine Mack Builds

Mack motors always have had great lowend grunt..until some of the newer E7's that dont seem to pull hard till 1300-1500 and then like a house on fire to 2100. The 4 valve 300's pull their hardest at 1100-1500 and fall on its face after 1600...lol..or at least mine did.

Mack motors always have had great lowend grunt..until some of the newer E7's that dont seem to pull hard till 1300-1500 and then like a house on fire to 2100. The 4 valve 300's pull their hardest at 1100-1500 and fall on its face after 1600...lol..or at least mine did.

My 676 engine with an RT-910 transmission behind it did just that. I did not like the combination as the engine never seemed to be in it's torque band.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 3 weeks later...

I have one of those E9 V8's in my cl700.We use it to pull our lowboy trailor,we have had as much as 100 ton on it.Handled it very well.I was told that it was one of the last v8 500hp that mack built.Other than the black smoke it pours out the stack it great.We have it turned up to about 550hp maybe more.

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...
thought i,d added a reply to this topic last night ?? .anyway here in Aust mack released the V8 up to 610 Hp ...............have been the Big Banger until recently replaced with either Cummins Signature 600,s or cat c16,s ...

YES YOUR RIGHT 610 HP AND 2050 LB FT..... DAMN I WISH WE COULD HAVE HAD THAT BABY HEAR IN THE US . I HAVE AN OLD ISSUE OF THE BULLDOG WITH IT AND THE TITAN IT WAS IN THE FALL 1997 ISSUE. :mack1: ALSO HAD A 700HP VERSION OF THE E-9 FOR THE FRENCH ARMY IN IT'S AMX-30-B2, AS WELL AS A 925 HP MARINE VERSION OF THE E-9 FOR BOATS. GOT THAT FROM THE SUMMER 1997 ISSUE OF THE BULLDOG. :thumb::clap::clap::SMOKIE-LFT:

Edited by mackdaddy1911a1

THE GREATEST NAME IN TRUCKS

MACK TRUCKS