Finally Got Some Pics Of The Truck

Finally got some pictures of the truck im getting, Its a 64 B 61. 711 with a triplex behind it. Tandem axle i belive 36 k rears. Engine was rebuilt before it was parked and the trans is new before it was parked

post-733-1168306978_thumb.jpg

Thats me on the right

post-733-1168307668_thumb.jpg

Thats a superliner in the background on the first pic. The guys has a good taste in trucks. He ran that B for years, hes got a 70's R model and then that superliner. Dont get much better then that, if i were to pick three trucks to have those three would be it.

I cant wait to see it done either. Right now I'm 16 and ive been looking for a B for a couple months now. I found it in south jersey, My dad was working out by where it is now and one day we stopped in and talked to the guy and he said he'll think about selling it so we came back a couple weeks later and he said he'd sell it to me. I cant wait to get the project underway, I'll post more pics once i get it home and start rippin into it. Mechanically it should be sound so hopefully this is just a cosmetic restoration.

I have a question about tires, its got 10X20 tube type. Ive read that you can put 22.5 tubeless rims on the same hub, is this true?

I have a question about tires, its got 10X20 tube type. Ive read that you can put 22.5 tubeless rims on the same hub, is this true?

Chris You can put 22.5 tubeless rims on the 20" hubs that you have. You will have to buy tubeless rims I think the tubeless are the better way to go safer to mount.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Chris, How'd you ever con that B off my brother in law Jimmy? He's been putting it back on the road as long as I've known him. Good luck with it. :thumb: Bob

Isn't it great to see a worthwhile truck go to a good home?

Best wishes with the project.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Chris, How'd you ever con that B off my brother in law Jimmy? He's been putting it back on the road as long as I've known him. Good luck with it. :thumb: Bob

I went there and talked to him one day and he told me to come back in a couple weeks so he could make up his mind, and he decided to sell it. Hes one hell of a nice guy. I just picked it up 2 weeks ago from him. I guess it really is a small world. Hes got some nice trucks sitting over there. Well if you see him tell em i say thank you again.

Chris

Hi Chris, You're right, Jimmy is a nice guy and he'll help you whatever way he can if he likes you (but if he don't, look out!). He should still have an older R model that is solid mechanically. Knowing him, that "B" ought to be mechanically pretty good. It's just been sitting around for awhile. Again, good luck with a great find :thumb: Bob (And to think that truck has been right under my nose all these years but he wouldn't part with it saying "I'm gonna git it runnin' again next spring")

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

Hi Chris, You're right, Jimmy is a nice guy and he'll help you whatever way he can if he likes you (but if he don't, look out!). He should still have an older R model that is solid mechanically. Knowing him, that "B" ought to be mechanically pretty good. It's just been sitting around for awhile. Again, good luck with a great find :thumb: Bob (And to think that truck has been right under my nose all these years but he wouldn't part with it saying "I'm gonna git it runnin' again next spring")

Hi Bob

I'm Chris's dad, The company I work for cleaned up that tire pile down the road from Jimmys house the last couple of winters and we drove passed it every day to go get lunch. When Chris told me he wanted a B model Jimmys B was the first thing I thought of. So we took a ride for apple cider down on the corner

( best cider around ) and stoped in to talk to him. For a guy we never met he treated us like a old friend, we must have talked for hours. He liked the idea of a 16 year old kid wanting that truck. Chris works for one of my buddys that is a deisel mechanic, and the kid knows his sh_t for 16. he's been around trucks and equipment just about his whole life, so I cant wait to see him finish it. Should turn out good..... Gary

Hi Gary, Great to see the next generation interested in what we love, I'm looking foward to progress pictures from your son Chris. You must be proud! Jimmy is a Piney and a good judge of character so his treatment of you and Chris speaks volumes about you two. When you get the time, post some pictures of your B model too. We never get tired of seeing photos of the proudly owned best trucks ever built. :SMOKIE-LFT: Bob

Ain't a Mack? Take it back!

• 7 months later...

What kind of poster is it? I dont really think the trucks poster worthy yet but maybe one day if the bank account allows.lol. I painted the truck red a few months ago so now it looks good from a distance. I just did it to cover up the rust and make it one color so it doesnt look too bad. It wont be long until i can start workin on it more though, just havent had time between work and school and everything else goin on.

• 1 month later...

Iam sorry that I didnt respond to you sooner. I take spells in getting on the internet. Anyway, the poster that iam speaking of has got to be your Mack. It is available from ART.COM it is a 16x20 poster and I think I gave about 25 for it

I need to get it framed .Truck art is hard to come by so I jump on it whenever I see something I like

• 2 weeks later...

I think that is my truck. I just spend about 20 mintues comparin every little rust spot and hole and they all match up. Thats funny. It really is a small world huh? Theres even a white line on the tire in both pictures. I think i should get royalties for all sales made on that poster. lol Well thanks for havin a good eye. That just made my night seein that picture