Steel Front R600S

I really like the red one, but i'd hit them fenders with some black Krylon. I like rattle cans.

Yeah, me too Tom. Mack didnt much give a crap bout aerodynamics then, they said piss on all that, les just build a tuff ass truck. randyp

Just a couple of R600s for you all. R615RS and an R685RS. Was taken at Alice Springs in August 2010. Will upload some more soon. Cheers, Skip

Gday all, heres another picture of the 2 Flinstones. The red one is mine and the yellow one belongs to Dick Beckett from Tasmania. Mine is a 1967 and his is a 1970. The chequerplate on the fenders was a popular addition, but probably didnt become popular until 1968-9. The yellow banger has a 237hp 6cyl and mine has the 284hp V8.

post-1795-0-45768300-1311977789_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Gday all, heres another picture of the 2 Flinstones. The red one is mine and the yellow one belongs to Dick Beckett from Tasmania. Mine is a 1967 and his is a 1970. The chequerplate on the fenders was a popular addition, but probably didnt become popular until 1968-9. The yellow banger has a 237hp 6cyl and mine has the 284hp V8.

I'm still trying to figure out why the aussies call these a "flintstone"?..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

I'm still trying to figure out why the aussies call these a "flintstone"?..........Mark

Well you know how the floorboards are on those R model cabs and Australia has salt water on all sides..........

I haven't a clue about this, or anything else either.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Because they usually have the drivers bare feet hanging out down to the ground? We just never see a picture of one with a driver.post-99-0-16423500-1311993001_thumb.jpg

Sorta like the difference between a light bulb and a pregnant lady. You can unscrew a light bulb.

Rob

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.