Glad To Be Here !

sdthoren

Barry and Watt's Mack;

Thanks for making this forum and website a reality. I have been absorbing information from this site for some time now, making a few posts & learning lots.

I recently had the chance for a comparison on a national organization board that most of us get a bi-monthly magazine from; what a joke!

Although there are some very knowledgeable members on that board, there are also a number of "nameplate freaks". If it's not a kenworth, peterbilt, autocar or brand x, it ain't "sh1t" and should be chopped up. I'm sorry, but I don't have a lot of use for people like that (not saying that I am intolerant...), but this hobby, profession, and/or livelyhood is about trucks and the people that make it happen. If people can't help each other learn, have fun, and enjoy the restoration of old trucks, no matter what color or, dare I say it, creed, then the it ain't worth it.

My challenge to all of you is this: USE THIS FORUM; POST ANSWERS, ASK QUESTIONS OF THOSE WHO QUESTION (not silly smart a$$ remarks), GET MORE ENGAGED IN THE ONLINE ASPECTS OF YOUR HOBBY, SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH OTHERS, AND MAKE THIS A RESOURCE TO ALL TRUCK GUYS (even the kw, pete & autocar guys!!!!!)

This is a bit of a rant, but I wanted to get if off my chest. I think the "revered" online forum business is up for grabs; I don't know of a better board right now. Even though BMT is geared towards Macks, there are a lot of cross cutting topics that apply to the restoration of all trucks. However, Barry, the archived data from MSN is sorely needed, can you pull it over????

Thanks for your ear & I hope that by reading this you will check in more often, and more importantly, chime in more often.

Scott Thoren

I couldn't have said it better myself, Scott! I started this board mainly for old Mack truck owners, but I do encourage posts about all brands of trucks and also for modern day Mack discussions! I can see this forum becoming a one stop place for all heavy duty antique truck info PLUS the only place for everything MACK!

You guys can help by posting often and spreading the word! We are starting 2007 off with almost 1000 members, an awesome photo gallery and tons of great info! And we're just getting started!

Thanks guys, it's really you, the members, that makes BMT a great place! Keep up the good work!

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

I couldn't have said it better myself, Scott! I started this board mainly for old Mack truck owners, but I do encourage posts about all brands of trucks and also for modern day Mack discussions! I can see this forum becoming a one stop place for all heavy duty antique truck info PLUS the only place for everything MACK!

You guys can help by posting often and spreading the word! We are starting 2007 off with almost 1000 members, an awesome photo gallery and tons of great info! And we're just getting started!

Thanks guys, it's really you, the members, that makes BMT a great place! Keep up the good work!

Never being a "trucker" myself, but growing up around B model Macks well into the 70's has me a bit biased. I too have visited some of the other boards, (and used to participate), but do not frequent them often. Don't get me wrong, there are many smart persons there, I just don't care for the "bullshit" as I'm not one of the boys. If time is on your side you will get straight answers to questions without the unneeded comments no matter what the brand of the truck here.

I think Barry does a "hell of a job" on this website. I also spread the word about this site to anyone interested in old trucks I run across.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Scott,

I am not sure who you are or who you think you are, but you have just bashed the members of the most important organization in the United States and the world dedicated to perserving the history of trucks and trucking. Their are more than 23,000 members of ATHS and you have based your opinion on us by making one post and one reply to that post. We are a fun loving group on our discussion board and many of us (not just Mack guys either) visit here. Scott, if this is the way you feel about ATHS then you are not an old truck fanatic.

Barry, if you feel that Scott is right then you can kiss my ....... I have been to your shop and bought a B model cab from one of your co-workers. I cannot believe you posted what you did. If this is truly the way you feel about ATHS, I have no use for you and this board. I will find the B parts I need else were. I cannot believe that you would jump on the band wagon of some fellow who doesn't know sh*t form shine-ola.

An apology would be appreciated from both of you. Other wise kiss mine!

Terry Tombaugh

Terry, I was refering to this comment by Scott in my post:

My challenge to all of you is this: USE THIS FORUM; POST ANSWERS, ASK QUESTIONS OF THOSE WHO QUESTION (not silly smart a$$ remarks), GET MORE ENGAGED IN THE ONLINE ASPECTS OF YOUR HOBBY, SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE WITH OTHERS, AND MAKE THIS A RESOURCE TO ALL TRUCK GUYS (even the kw, pete & autocar guys!!!!!)

And this:

Thanks for your ear & I hope that by reading this you will check in more often, and more importantly, chime in more often.

As far as the ATHS, I am a member and Watt's Mack is a corporate member as well as a large advertising account for the Wheels of Time! We know the value of the ATHS and we support it fully! We promote both the ATHS and the ATCA every chance we get! We even have links up on our B-Model Store page for both clubs! However, this isn't the ATHS and every member here is entitled to his/her opinion. I cannot ethically censor Scott's opinions...nor will I censor yours. I hope you can understand and appreciate this.

If an apology is what you want, I am sorry that you were offended and I respect that. But please understand our position here...

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

Scott,

I am not sure who you are or who you think you are, but you have just bashed the members of the most important organization in the United States and the world dedicated to perserving the history of trucks and trucking.

Terry,

I am also an ATHS member, have been for about 5 years. Those sucker punches about things important to you hurt a little bit, don't they?

When somebody responds to a post looking for old Macks & says that the best thing you can do is shred/crush them, I didn't see the humor.

Scott

It's too bad it rubbed you all wrong Scott. The ATHS board has alot of great information just for the asking! Yes, you have to put up with the occasional smart azz comment.......we've all learned to take them/say them in jest. It's the internet and you have to have thick skin sometimes as not everyone is prim/proper. Sarcasm can be dished out pretty readily, so you have to learn to take it. I guess I'm too used to that type of talk only cause I drive a FORD and have friends that drive Chevys, Dodges and Pontiacs........and lord knows the crap get deep sometimes.

Welcome to the internet..............You can't please everyone.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I have been a ATHS member for two years now and been using the ATHS board for about four years now. I have made some good friends a ATHS, Two from England that have come to the US for a vist have even stayed at my house, One from Kuwait who shares pretty much the same political views that I have, (we talk politics thru Email and never on the board) and another from Arizona who has taken the time to call me on the phone many times and walk me thru some engine and drive train problems I have had in the past. Many others on the ATHS board have helped me and have given me advice and shared their knowlage. But, I do agree there are some there that make me think everytime I post something about my Mack is "what kind of put down will I get from this?" It gets old really quick!

I post more here but I like to think both boards have their advantage, I like both groups of people, I think a large group of us here are ATHS members and everyone gets along fine, you will always have one or two people in a group that have to act like the class clown, it's kinda funny at first but after a while you gotta think why they are beatin that horse, it died a long time ago.

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

:bulldog1: i have belonged to ATHS for 21 years.(1986). can't wait for every other month to get the wheels of time. wish it was every other week. it's like the BMT. can't start this computer without clicking here first. have gotten much,much info. off this site thanks to all the great members. gotta' give barry and watts a lot of credit for coming up with this site. :clap:as far as those BRAND-X guys ragging on mack forget it. they don't have a clue as to what there talking about. when i started driving quite a while ago :pat:in a B-model,guys used to be jealous as hell to hear me shift cause they didn't have a clue about 2 sticker's. so when they rag on your mack forget it . they have no clue about a REAL truck . i'd like to have the numbers on how many ol' macks are still running around and how many of the competitors are still out there from 50 years ago. just my nickel's worth. :bulldog1:

and remember

"PREFORMANCE COUNTS"

:bulldog1: i'd like to have the numbers on how many ol' macks are still running around and how many of the competitors are still out there from 50 years ago. just my nickel's worth. :bulldog1:

I do not know about other brand of trucks but, has anyone seen anything that comes close to the parts that Watts has in the B model store? if they have let me know, it looks like the B is the king as far as available reproduction parts and Watts is the only place I know of that has that much of it!

DW

1948 Mack Pumper

I agree some with scott i know some guys that own or drives peterbilts,kenworths and alot of them have attuides, they think there sh&& dont stink, they have there own click which is all right with me.when you seen one pete you pretty much seen them all.they have the longest wheelbase,biggest sleeper,biggest stacks,they take an old truck that might be good looking and put so much junk on it that you cant tell weather it is an old or newer, i will keep my old macks, never even thought about

buying anything else! Ron