Gen.george S. Patton Jr

vision386

This is a re-creation of Gen.George S. Pattons (one of my heroes) famous speech,its a little on the long side,but well worth a few minutes of your time (in my opinion)...................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

This is a re-creation of Gen.George S. Pattons (one of my heroes) famous speech,its a little on the long side,but well worth a few minutes of your time (in my opinion)...................Mark

carry that movie in my truck and watch it a couple times a month.

along with, in harms way,battle of the bulge,operation pacific,flying leathernecks,they were expendable,battan,big red one, destination tokyo,dirty dozen,midway,tora tora tora,the longest day,

there is a lot of others i would like to get, for the rite price $10. but i cant go the $20 to $40 they want for them at TCM.

carry that movie in my truck and watch it a couple times a month.

along with, in harms way,battle of the bulge,operation pacific,flying leathernecks,they were expendable,battan,big red one, destination tokyo,dirty dozen,midway,tora tora tora,the longest day,

there is a lot of others i would like to get, for the rite price $10. but i cant go the $20 to $40 they want for them at TCM.

Those are all good ones! i finally got PATTON on dvd for fathers day! prolly seen that movie 50 times!..i tell you another good one if you can find it cheap,is "band of brothers" kick-ass good movie!.......Mark

Those are all good ones! i finally got PATTON on dvd for fathers day! prolly seen that movie 50 times!..i tell you another good one if you can find it cheap,is "band of brothers" kick-ass good movie!.......Mark

A walk in the Sun, Sgt York and The Enemy Below are good too. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

A walk in the Sun, Sgt York and The Enemy Below are good too. Paul

Haven't seen the other two, but I do like Sgt. York. Really old but really good, and a true story. My grandfather's brother was killed in WW1 in the Argonne forest shortly before the war ended.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

One I've always been partial to is the one one with Frank Sinatra hijacking the train and sneaking through Nazi Germany.

Von Ryan's Express.

Thats a classic! ever see "The Train",with Burt Lancaster? where he's an engineer trying to sabotage a train loaded with with art/treasure stolen by the nazi's.....also a classic!................Mark

Haven't seen the other two, but I do like Sgt. York. Really old but really good, and a true story. My grandfather's brother was killed in WW1 in the Argonne forest shortly before the war ended.

I like the part in Sgt.York when they have the turkey shoot for the "beef critter" LOL!...................Mark

I've liked all that's mentioned but also " The Guns of Navarone. " I must have some German in me cause I liked their equipment. Their 88's had solid tires on spoked wheels with fenders. It was separated from that truck and could be traversed onto the ground. It was a biger and more powerful high powered rifle and could knock out anything we had until we later got the 90 mm.

I just remembered a man from where I first worked in 1970. He would come into our job place and bring or pickup jobs for printing. His name was Walter and was a German Officer in WW2. He brought a photo of himself to show some of us that wanted to see it. He was in full dress uniform with boots and brimed hat. He was a very tall man with large nose like a polish man and stood straight and tall. He talked very loud with an accent and seemed a happy person. I recently read where those people finally got their country rebuilt by 1989. Too bad I cannot talk with Walter now. I'm sure we could have a very good conversation.

mike

A Walk in the Sun was released in 1945. Follows a unit from the Texas Division is Salerno, Italy. The Enemy Below is a U.S. Destroyer in the South Atlantic against a u boat. The star is Robert Mitchum.

The Cross of Iron starring James Coburn and Die Brucke (The Bridge) made in West Germany in 1959 are also a pair of good films. Always liked Kellys Heros toio.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

that was excellant mark,,thanks,,,theres an email somebody sent me,recently,,,wish i knew how to post it,,,know it would get lots of attention...bob

I've liked all that's mentioned but also " The Guns of Navarone. " I must have some German in me cause I liked their equipment. Their 88's had solid tires on spoked wheels with fenders. It was separated from that truck and could be traversed onto the ground. It was a biger and more powerful high powered rifle and could knock out anything we had until we later got the 90 mm.

I just remembered a man from where I first worked in 1970. He would come into our job place and bring or pickup jobs for printing. His name was Walter and was a German Officer in WW2. He brought a photo of himself to show some of us that wanted to see it. He was in full dress uniform with boots and brimed hat. He was a very tall man with large nose like a polish man and stood straight and tall. He talked very loud with an accent and seemed a happy person. I recently read where those people finally got their country rebuilt by 1989. Too bad I cannot talk with Walter now. I'm sure we could have a very good conversation.

mike

My ancestors on both sides of the family immigrated from Germany in the 1800's.

My ancestors on both sides of the family immigrated from Germany in the 1800's.

Tom,thats a co-incidence,so did mine, my dads parents still spoke german around the house when they did'nt want us kids to know what they were talking about!....Mark

Thats a classic! ever see "The Train",with Burt Lancaster? where he's an engineer trying to sabotage a train loaded with with art/treasure stolen by the nazi's.....also a classic!................Mark

Don't think I've seen it but "Castle Keep" is pretty good.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Awesome.

"The Cowboys" with John Wayne is on right now. I think they're running a marathon of "The Rifleman" on AMC tomorrow.

Thats a good one! my ALLTIME favorite movie is "The Searchers" with John Wayne,Mrs. Vision says she could turn off the sound,and i could narrate, seen it so many times!

Awesome.

"The Cowboys" with John Wayne is on right now. I think they're running a marathon of "The Rifleman" on AMC tomorrow.

I liked "The Rifleman" when I was a kid and still watch it on weekends. Another TV show I liked was "Combat" but i've never seen it on reruns.