The Heat

Mike

eh...it's all in your head. I was just thinking about how it's FINALLY getting warm enough to get some stuff done after I get home from work.

It's been so hot lately that when at the doctors office this past monday, I got a call from the hair parlor where mom gets her hair fixed and was told moms car burnt to the ground. Man was I in shock. She and I the day before drove it and had no problems with it and only thing was needed was an oil change. The car was a 2003 Lincoln Town car with only 26,000 miles and looked like it just was driven off the show room floor. So far the insurance company has not called me back to give me the more shocking news. Dad would roll over in his grave if he knew it had happened. He kept it in top shape. I'm curious as to what caused it to burn. Now it is a total loss.

Now that is a HOT & true story. Your right Rowdy, it has been all in my head all week long.

mike

Mike, this is due to either the ignition switch, or the headlamp switch. Ford paid for a lot of totals due to "burn down" a few years ago starting in 1999. Look into the recall records. That car may have been missed as through the 2005 model year Ford was replacing switches left and right for this reason. Cheap sliding contact in the switches were the culprit. Windstar vans were among the worst to have this happen.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.