What Style Sleeper Is This?

Good day to you, everyone!

Could someone tell me the proper model designation for this sleeper style; it's on an IDF DM895SX prime mover. How about pointing me in the directions of drawings or dimensions? I will need to scratchbuild one for a scale model I'm building. I've got good numbers to scale from for the frame and cab/hood/fenders, but not for the sleeper. I'd prefer not to guesstimate any more than I absolutely have to. Thanks for any assistance!

Greg

post-7799-0-99451200-1304352919_thumb.jp

There are a few photos including a side shot with a trailer in Bart Vanderveen's book called " A Record of Military Mack in the Services and Beyond." If you can't find the info I can probbly scan the photos and send them to you.

The partclar one in your photo is in the Israeli Army's museum on the outskirts of Tel Aviv at the old YAFO railway station, here is their e mail Etzel48_museum@mod.gov.il

The IDF sleeper / commnd units ranged from Fiberglass to Aluminun and Blown plastic. The width is close to the cab door width. PM me if you want me to try a scan. Paul

post-3242-0-73341800-1304358934_thumb.jp

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

This is a 32" fiberglass "Rest-Rite" brand sleeper,they were a popular option here on the east coast,mainly seen on R-model Macks. If you go to www.oldmacks.com and click on "trucks for sale" there are a few good reference pictures Inside and out of this type sleeper,including the overall dimensions listed as item number OM 369 hope this is of some help...............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Thanks, Mark! That's one dimension down, and I'll go trolling via the link in your post to dig up some more. I've found a reasonable number of pictures of this rig, and I do have Bart Vanderveen's book. Good as that one is, it is so comprehensive that the data on each individual variant is a little sparse. Thanks again!

Greg

Thought that looked like a Morgan brand sleeper. I knew someone that had one very similar on a761 Brockway. It was made out of fiberglass. Bob sais it wasn't the best out there.

I'd say it's a Morgan also.The one listed on Old Macks as a Rest Rite is also a Morgan,the other bunk he has listed is the actual rest Rite.

I'd say it's a Morgan also.The one listed on Old Macks as a Rest Rite is also a Morgan,the other bunk he has listed is the actual rest Rite.

You guys are absoulutely right,it is a Morgan,i was looking at the caption in the pictures and had a "brainfart".............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Back in the mid/late eighty's before the CH came out, we sold about 25+ R models to a customer and all were sent straight to Rest-rite to have sleepers put on. I was 19 and hardly been out of Kentucky. I made 2-3 trips a week to pick up the new trucks and drive them back home. The Rest-rite factory was East of Pittsburg PA up in the hills. I remember meeting the owner/old man, we was very nice and walked me all over the factory and showed me how they did/built everything. I stayed at a little motel down the road that didn't have phones in the room so the wake up call was a guy banging on the door. Thoses we my good old days.

• Like 1