Someone on here might be able to produce some production numbers, but since they were new, in what I believe was '67, I have seen a good amount of them. The 5-Speed should have been the most common trans in those trucks. Have you tried looking in Truckpaper?

There's a pre-1973 s/a R600 about 2 miles from me (in southwestern PA) that was for sale a few years ago. It might still be, it's been sitting in the same spot, but is hard to see because a trailer is now parked in front of it. I can check into it, if you like.

Jim

Do you notice in that scene that the front right wheel is locked and the front of the trailer is ripped open...........THEN..............in the funeral procession it's all nice and shiny new again :blink:

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

:mack1: , You got it , Big Nasty's R model. I found a s/a 5 speed blue Mack, U model. I think its a 76' , how much should a old work U model mack like that cost , they want 7500. Also , whats the big differnce besides the way the cab sits on the R and the U . Why did Mack make those two differnt trucks almost the same.

Is this the R that you have in mind? This was the 1st of 3 sets delivered to Wabash Fibre Box in Ft Wayne, IN. These pic's show 5 of the orginal 7 that we leased to WFB when we won the lease from another leasing company. They replaced 7 IHC Fleetstars with DD and 10 speeds. These were 300's with 5 speeds, as were the two sets thats later replaced these units. The very last of all of these trucks were sold off about two years ago. I also have two of the air deflectors that you mentioned. I may have access to a third air deflector as well which came off of a Sodrel Mack R with a 300 5 speed and tag axle that sold at auction earlier this year.

T.

I found a s/a 5 speed blue Mack, U model. I think its a 76' , how much should a old work U model mack like that cost , they want 7500. Also , whats the big differnce besides the way the cab sits on the R and the U . Why did Mack make those two differnt trucks almost the same.

In my experiences, the U should go for less money. I have seen single axel U's go for as low as $3800. I'm not an expert at the differences between the two, but the way I understand it, it allowed a shorter wheel base.

The U model came out in '64,before the R model.It replaced the C model as a short BBC short haul,city tractor,and the offset cab and short hood was supposed to offer improved visibility in city traffic.

I bought a '79 single axle U model last year for $900.It was in decent shape,very little rust,small crack in hood,excellent running 237.

it looks to be in Ok shape but $7500 is too much in my opinion. you could get a better truck with more goods for that amount. I got a good running Mack in Febuary for $3,000 and drove it home from KC to Chicago with no issues.

The off set cab had a few diffrent models

U, DM,DMM,

Im not shure when the U model was retired? I belive the DM,DMM sieres was the only offset models availible untill it was discontinued when the granite was recently introduced. this is all hearsay from the mack parts guy. so hopefully its got some merit :wacko:

B models were replaced by U models in 1965-66 and later that same year R models were introduced. Many dont know but mack made a "kit" called a BCR. it could make the B model in to a R model. the kit included a cab,hood,and other basic parts, you used the B model frame and drive train and bolted the BCR kit to it. they are rare and I have only seen 2 in my time.

it looks to be in Ok shape but $7500 is too much in my opinion. you could get a better truck with more goods for that amount. I got a good running Mack in Febuary for $3,000 and drove it home from KC to Chicago with no issues.

The off set cab had a few diffrent models

U, DM,DMM,

Im not shure when the U model was retired? I belive the DM,DMM sieres was the only offset models availible untill it was discontinued when the granite was  recently introduced. this is all hearsay from the mack parts guy. so hopefully its got some merit :wacko:

B models were replaced by U models in 1965-66 and later that same year R models were introduced. Many dont know but mack made a "kit" called a BCR. it could make the B model in to a R model. the kit included a cab,hood,and other basic parts, you used the B model frame and drive train and bolted the BCR kit to it. they are rare and I have only seen 2 in my time.

B models were NOT replaced by U models,the C model was replaced by U models,the U model was introduced in '64,not '65,and production ended in '89.