J'ever Work Your A** Off And Gain Nuthin?

worked HARD today...swapped 6 wheels around trying to get rid of the out'ta control hop between 38-42 mph...made it worse...swapped them all back, it was even worse! Must have not gotten the front rears or the fronts on perfectly straight! Now in addition to the hop, I got wobble at most speeds! At least it was 60 degrees and sunny today! I have places hurting where I didnt even know I had places!

PS...Advice...DO NOT let your wheels fall flat on the ground, it AINT fun standing them back up!

worked HARD today...swapped 6 wheels around trying to get rid of the out'ta control hop between 38-42 mph...made it worse...swapped them all back, it was even worse! Must have not gotten the front rears or the fronts on perfectly straight! Now in addition to the hop, I got wobble at most speeds! At least it was 60 degrees and sunny today! I have places hurting where I didnt even know I had places!

PS...Advice...DO NOT let your wheels fall flat on the ground, it AINT fun standing them back up!

Seems like I've been doing just that for about 36 years now. Ain't got shit to show for my effort.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I had the truck at home this weekend,been cleaning on it a little on the inside since it looked more like a pig pen than a truck,and cleaned the side boxes out some. Started it this morning to do something and noticed the alternator wasn't charging at all. It was charging yesterday,so I opened the hood and the fan belt was laying across the frame,broken. Luckily we always carry a spare. That was the best time and place for it to break though, it was way better than putting one on on the side of the road with a flashlight!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

After about bust'in my back trying to stand up the tires I got the inspiration to try a long pry bar, aka a digging bar, to aid in the lift. Slide the bar into the center hole, use the bar to lift, and viola the tire and rim came up easy as can be. As Archimedes said "Give me a lever long enough and I'll move the world."

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I do all my own tire work. I hate it. They can get heavy after a well. I dont know how guys can do that every day for a living. There backs have got to be shot by the time there 45. Anyway thank god for budd wheels lol

I do my own tire work, too. Ain't too tough. Main thing to remember WHENEVER you have something heavy to lift is to keep your back straight and lift with your legs. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Damn why don't you old fellers buy yourself forklifts. Once you have one you'll wonder how you ever lived without one

Got the forklift; don't have a big enough shop to use it in with the truck in there. Can't afford the divorce to get a bigger shop.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

Got the forklift; don't have a big enough shop to use it in with the truck in there. Can't afford the divorce to get a bigger shop.

Hell, I'd just like to have a friggin SHOP to be able to do the work I need to do inside & out of the weather. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Hell, I'd just like to have a friggin SHOP to be able to do the work I need to do inside & out of the weather. :pat:

Amen brutha! Thought spring was here...been sunny, mid 50's, snow all gone...got about 10 inches (of SNOW!) last night!

This working in the driveway is for the birds!!