Upside Down Pete

other dog

Lemme' see your logbook! you in a heap o' trouble boy!

Hmm...that truck looks familiar.... But I bet the cop got hit driving like a jackass through the median hurrying up to write a seatbelt ticket.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Hmm...that truck looks familiar.... But I bet the cop got hit driving like a jackass through the median hurrying up to write a seatbelt ticket.

Actually the Trooper was parked in the median with lights activated to warn drivers to slow down as they are approaching an accident scene! The Trooper was seriously injured when the inattentive truck driver came up on the slowed traffic and ran off the road and struck the Trooper. Use your frickin' head before you post!!! He has since recovered and contiunes to work and go home to his family each day.

Actually the Trooper was parked in the median with lights activated to warn drivers to slow down as they are approaching an accident scene! The Trooper was seriously injured when the inattentive truck driver came up on the slowed traffic and ran off the road and struck the Trooper. Use your frickin' head before you post!!! He has since recovered and contiunes to work and go home to his family each day.

I stand by my statement. While I'm not trying to make light of someone getting hurt, nor do I endorse it...come to my area, they're rediculous.

I stand by my statement. While I'm not trying to make light of someone getting hurt, nor do I endorse it...come to my area, they're rediculous.

Yup. Even made the news on the other side of the pond.... :pat:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314099/Illinois-trooper-killed-2-sisters-126mph-crash-demands-compensation.html

This is a more recent one....

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_aab90730-1e69-11e0-88ba-001cc4c03286.html

Some of the WORST driving I've seen in this state has been by those with badges & guns. :angry:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Yup. Even made the news on the other side of the pond.... :pat:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1314099/Illinois-trooper-killed-2-sisters-126mph-crash-demands-compensation.html

This is a more recent one....

http://www.pantagraph.com/news/local/article_aab90730-1e69-11e0-88ba-001cc4c03286.html

Some of the WORST driving I've seen in this state has been by those with badges & guns. :angry:

I saw in my local paper that the guy who killed those 2 girls was denied workers compensation. Talk about absurd, demanding to be compensated for that b.s. They're all a joke and overpaid.

Most of the state cops seam to Know to move off to the side of the road when doing the ticket writing. What I see is its the local PD who think writing a ticket should merit shutting down a lane or worse parking 1/2 over the white line. I live around 55mph back roads and I dont know how many times I have come up over a hill or around a corner to see a parked squad car dead in the middle of the lane just writing some punk kid a ticket. Those are the ones that are just asking they get hit. IMHO They need pick a safe spot to lite them up. It not only indangers them but the car they stopped. why indanger yourself? I dont move over for those clowns. Id rather take their door off and teach them a quick lesson of rules of the road. However..... it does gripe me when I see there is need to shut down a lane for a crash,spill, tow truck etc... and people are flying past them giving no space at all for them to work. I deal with it when chaing up machines on the low boy. My rule is if they have the common sence to just pull it over the white line I move over a lane. if they are playing macho games taking up 1/4 of the lane. I stay in the lane and just hug left. respect earns respect in my book. And FYI I have plenty of cops friends that see it this way all day long its not just a me vs them issue.every job seams to have clowns running around. even us truckers!

Regardless Its always a shame to hear any of these stories.

Most of the state cops seam to Know to move off to the side of the road when doing the ticket writing. What I see is its the local PD who think writing a ticket should merit shutting down a lane or worse parking 1/2 over the white line. I live around 55mph back roads and I dont know how many times I have come up over a hill or around a corner to see a parked squad car dead in the middle of the lane just writing some punk kid a ticket. Those are the ones that are just asking they get hit. IMHO They need pick a safe spot to lite them up. It not only indangers them but the car they stopped. why indanger yourself? I dont move over for those clowns. Id rather take their door off and teach them a quick lesson of rules of the road. However..... it does gripe me when I see there is need to shut down a lane for a crash,spill, tow truck etc... and people are flying past them giving no space at all for them to work. I deal with it when chaing up machines on the low boy. My rule is if they have the common sence to just pull it over the white line I move over a lane. if they are playing macho games taking up 1/4 of the lane. I stay in the lane and just hug left. respect earns respect in my book. And FYI I have plenty of cops friends that see it this way all day long its not just a me vs them issue.every job seams to have clowns running around. even us truckers!

Well said.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

I've made the attempt to find a safe place to pull over when I got lit up in the past, and it NEVER ONCE bought me any good will from the officer. So, these days, I pull over quickly when I see that they lit me up...and if that happens to be mid-curve just over a blind hill, so be it. I'm not concerned with officer safety anymore...that's THEIR job.

Besides, if another motorist runs 'em over before they get the ticket written, it might just get me out of the ticket. :banana:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I've made the attempt to find a safe place to pull over when I got lit up in the past, and it NEVER ONCE bought me any good will from the officer. So, these days, I pull over quickly when I see that they lit me up...and if that happens to be mid-curve just over a blind hill, so be it. I'm not concerned with officer safety anymore...that's THEIR job.

Besides, if another motorist runs 'em over before they get the ticket written, it might just get me out of the ticket. :banana:

Few years back, driving down a 2-lane road I looked down and saw that I was doing about 70+ and right as I did that a sheriff was going the other way, saw in the mirror his brake lights come on. Knowing I was had, I just pulled over and waited. Cop paid me a compliment for not having to chase me down, I said I knew I was in for it so I just saved him the trouble. Left with a verbal warning.

But most times they're just dicks, spanish inquisition about what you're doing/where you're going.

Back in the 90's just went through customs at the Dunseith crossing its all down hill into Dunseith ND. Was rolling about 65 in a 55 when I met a trooper it was so cold his lights just came on but would'nt rotate. I pulled over anyway knew he had me but when he came up to the truck he thanked me for stopping. He said seeing as how I stopped without the lights rotating he'd just give me a warning. Guess it was my lucky day.

:SMOKIE-LFT:

I'm sure everybody has a story to prove contrary,but for the most part,you get what you give,with cops. They're people too,and they appreciate a little decency as much as we do. I notice the guys who give the cop attitude when he stops 'em usually gets treated worse than the guys who treat the cop like just another,guy doing his job. Not preachin' here,just suggesting that a little politeness doesn't cost anything,and might save some bucks on the ticket,if there is one.

Last winter I mounted up a couple of tires on the front of my pick up ('57 GMC) but couldn't balance 'em yet,so I drove it from one on ramp to the next off ramp,just to see how it would drive. It was night,and the cab is so drafty I couldn't even hear the engine,couldn't see the gauges-no dash lights.That didn't matter,the speedo is broke anyway. Anyhow,I kept speeding up,waiting for the 60mph shake I knew would happen. Glanced in the mirror and saw the stoplights,then the overheads in the median,and then the headlights gaining fast. I pulled over when he tucked in behind me. He had me on radar at 88 mph,but we stood around for half an hour BS'ing about old trucks,brake upgrades,automatic vs. stick,etc.,and I got written for 5 over the speed limit. I'm pretty sure if I'd been a dick about being stopped,he could have worked up enough various charges (no turn signals,intermittent left taillight,cracked glass X3,thin rear tires,no speedometer,exhibition of speed-more than 30 over the speed limit,no horn :idunno: ) to use the cuffs and impound my truck. "Nice" is free,and I'm ALL about free things... :twothumbsup: Drive safe,and play nice!

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

I'm not saying I'm not polite with the officer....just that I won't turn on my 4-ways and slow down (showing that yes, I do see you back there and yes, I am going to stop...I'm just looking for a safe place to do so) to go 1/2 mile up the road to that big gravel parking lot I know is there when they light me up.

I pull over as soon as I am certain I am being stopped.

I got stopped the other day for the novelty tag I had on the front bumper below the registration plate. Even though there is NOTHING in the Illinois law which prohibits novelty tags, I was written a warning for "improper display of license plate". When I argued, he offered to write me a ticket....and I SHOULD have taken him up on it. At least then the judge could tell him he was in the wrong.

It's all BS. They can write you a ticket for anything...whether you broke the law or not. It's then up to you to take the time off work and go to court over it, where they know the judge is more likely to side with the cop since the cop is assumed to have no reason to lie. There is no such thing as "innocent until PROVEN guilty" in traffic court. :thumbsdown:

It's all BS. They can write you a ticket for anything...whether you broke the law or not. It's then up to you to take the time off work and go to court over it, where they know the judge is more likely to side with the cop since the cop is assumed to have no reason to lie. There is no such thing as "innocent until PROVEN guilty" in traffic court. :thumbsdown:

well,yeah,this is so true.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.