Special Note To Rowdy Rebel

hatcity

Happy Birthday Rowdy and Abe Lincoln. What a combination!

Was GREAT when I was younger....NEVER had to go to school on my birthday until I got to college. Didn't matter what day of the week it fell on, school would be closed from my birthday all the way to the nearest weekend. Freshman year of college? I had an exam in one class and a big paper due in another :pat:

This year is a license renewal year, though. Took yesterday off work to drop the truck off at Mack for some work before I stopped by the DMV to renew my license and hit the road to go wander around the Chicago motorcycle show with the family. That's where I was SUPPOSED to be today. 'cept the DMV was closed yesterday "in honor of Lincoln's birthday". Sign on the door said they'd be there today, though...so I gots ta get over there in the next 2 hours or so or else I won't have a valid drivers license before I gotta work again. They ain't ever open on Sundays or Mondays. Makes no sense to me why they'd close "in honor of Lincoln's birthday" the day BEFORE his birthday.....and then be open on the actual birthday. :wacko:

Anyway, when mom called to see how far out I was to know if she should set a place for me at the dinner table, I told her we'd have to go tot the show on Sunday...because I had to go to the DMV today. She said I could go to the DMV up there....yeah, right. I go up there and it's a 3 hour wait...no, crap...it's saturday....more like a 4-5 hour wait. Screw that. Not to mention, if I'm standing in line at the friggin DMV all day, we wouldn't be able to go to the motorcycle show anyway. Gotta go Sunday, which is fine because I took Monday off work too.

"Dad doesn't like going on Sunday, so we may still go on Saturday."

Really? Fine. I haven't told 'em yet, but I'm not driving 6 hours north to wander around the motorcycle show by myself. They better not complain about the canceled trip, either, because if they wanted to see me they'd go to the show on Sunday with me instead of going Saturday. Hell, football season is over, so it's not like dad would even have to miss a Bears game. :rolleyes:

Probably better I stay here anyway. Changed a valve stem that was leaking on the F250 and in the process discovered the axle seal was blown....brake drum and everything inside was just saturated with gear oil. So, I've got that to do before it can go anywhere. I could take the Ranger, but it's supposed to be 50 degrees and sunny both Sunday and Monday...GREAT weather to be outside doing things that need to get done...like pickup truck repairs. Hell, maybe I can get the tail lights working on the Ranger again so I can stop having to rig up my tow lights to act as tail lights when I'm out after dark. Wouldn't hurt to get started cleaning out the garage, either...been 2 years since I've been able to park a pickup truck in there. That ain't ENTIRELY my fault, though...I had just enough room to squeeze the F250 in until I got some stuff that used to be my grandpas'. 2 pickup truck loads of stuff that used to be my dad's dad's stuff (mostly tools...air tools, shop press, power hacksaw, etc...) and 1 pickup truck load of stuff that used to be my mom's dad's (riding lawnmower). The other load of stuff from my mom's dad is parked out in my front yard...the 8N.

Anyway, I gots ta get going. Thanks for all the Birthday wishes...ain't usually a day I look forward to, other than the motorcycle show, but the last several years I ain't been able to afford to buy anything anyways....wrong time of year, coming off the slow winter months when money is starting to tighten up. Oh well...probably better off this way.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Wow!..Hope your birthday is a happy one whatever you decide to do.

I've gotta renew my license this year too. I went to Altavista to the DMV this morning but they're almost as bad as the post office-the post office is only open from 8 to 10 on Saturday,found out the DMV is now closed on Saturday. Got 'til April to renew though.

I do have to take the vision test,so Vision i'd appreciate it if you'd send me all your personal information,family history,photos,etc. so I can study up on you.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

6 hours??? Where the hell in Illinois does it take 6 hours to drive and still stay in state??? Are you in Cairo and your folks in Waukegan??

Pretty close. I can be in Cairo in less than 30 minutes. :thumb:

My parents are anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours from Soldier Field, depending on time of day and what all is going on in the city. :wacko:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Pretty close. I can be in Cairo in less than 30 minutes. :thumb:

My parents are anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours from Soldier Field, depending on time of day and what all is going on in the city. :wacko:

I was about 30 minutes from Soldier Field yesterday. Had to do some truckin up in the city, I hate it. Plus I had to run about $25 worth of tolls.

I've been seeing a bunch of your company's trucks up thisaway lately, been lookin for the white Mack with the dog in it...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I was about 30 minutes from Soldier Field yesterday. Had to do some truckin up in the city, I hate it. Plus I had to run about $25 worth of tolls.

I've been seeing a bunch of your company's trucks up thisaway lately, been lookin for the white Mack with the dog in it...

Nope...not gonna be me. I TRY not to go north of 38 degrees latitude....doesn't always work out that way, but that's what I shoot for.

Nope...not gonna be me. I TRY not to go north of 38 degrees latitude....doesn't always work out that way, but that's what I shoot for.

Where is that?

edit: I'm google/wiki-tarded. Still can't find it. Though I do know the '38th' parallel has some kind of historical significance..........Korea or Vietnam maybe...? Are there a lot of rice patties down thataway?

Where is that?

edit: I'm google/wiki-tarded. Still can't find it. Though I do know the '38th' parallel has some kind of historical significance..........Korea or Vietnam maybe...? Are there a lot of rice patties down thataway?

Best map I could find with it marked...

fig1.jpg

Takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to drive far enough north to reach the 38th parallel at it's most due-north place (Percy, IL). Other (bigger) towns along there....Ste. Genevieve, MO...DuQuoin, IL...Evansville, IN....all in pretty close proximity to it. Really isn't any significance to me other than that's all the farther north I typically have to go. Yeah, there was some to-do with it in Korea, but that was before my time. :thumb:

Best map I could find with it marked...

fig1.jpg

Takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to drive far enough north to reach the 38th parallel at it's most due-north place (Percy, IL). Other (bigger) towns along there....Ste. Genevieve, MO...DuQuoin, IL...Evansville, IN....all in pretty close proximity to it. Really isn't any significance to me other than that's all the farther north I typically have to go. Yeah, there was some to-do with it in Korea, but that was before my time. :thumb:

Ahh, ok. There's usually a big indoor tractor pull in DuQuoin around this time of the year. Still haven't gathered the amibtion to drive that far to go see it yet.

The 38th parallel or north latitude is the division between North, and South Korea. It is probably the most fortified and patrolled border in the world. It is referred to as the "DMZ" and If war ever breaks out there, you will get to know it very well.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The 38th parallel or north latitude is the division between North, and South Korea. It is probably the most fortified and patrolled border in the world. It is referred to as the "DMZ" and If war ever breaks out there, you will get to know it very well.

Rob

Yes, quite correct Rob, one soldier from the north and one from the south stand toe to toe on that line, clenching their fist and staring each other in the eye. They have been squared off there over 50 years now, (not the same two, they swap out regularly). Its a very dangerous place, and Rob is quite right, if war breaks out, you will know it, it will be extremely bloody. My son did a 1 year tour over there,,,,randyp