Brockway

GreenGiant2

Looks good, keep up the progress, I have learnt something by the photos. Did not realize Brockway "splayed" the front of the frame rails also. I always thought they'd be straight.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 month later...

Looks good, keep up the progress, I have learnt something by the photos. Did not realize Brockway "splayed" the front of the frame rails also. I always thought they'd be straight.

Rob

well its been a lot of work but i am getting closer.

post-3449-0-33195000-1302208395_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-16984400-1302208491_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-06628300-1302208504_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-84863900-1302208517_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-26386500-1302208543_thumb.jp

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

Lookin real good! kinda hard to tell in the pics,but what is the specific color of the paint?....sure nice to see another Huskypup brought back!.....Mark

dupont b8829 wild strawberry. my doors turned out darker than the rest of the truck due to they were laying down. paul my friend did the paint, nice job at it.

this huskie pup will be put to work when its done. all i need to do is finish the truck before may 14th when we are having my daughters first communion party in the shop. then i need to bring in the lowboy i bought and do that up.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

dupont b8829 wild strawberry. my doors turned out darker than the rest of the truck due to they were laying down. paul my friend did the paint, nice job at it.

this huskie pup will be put to work when its done. all i need to do is finish the truck before may 14th when we are having my daughters first communion party in the shop. then i need to bring in the lowboy i bought and do that up.

gg2

I am certainly not one to criticize anyone else's work so don't take this wrong:

When painting parts separate from the assembly they will be attached to always try to orient the the part in the same plane as it will be when mounted. On doors for example hang via hooks in the glass run channel from an apparatus so the outer sides are in the vertical plane. Although it is difficult to explain the atomization of the topcoat impacting the surface if different, (usually thicker) when the part is laying down rather than standing up. This is why the hue, or color appears different in a solid color topcoat. Part of this can be compensated by a couple more psi in HVLP equipment, or 5-7 psi increase in conventional spray equipment. Metallics are a different animal altogether with mottling, blotching, sunken metallics, mica, or color separation, etc. Even "water white" clearcoats appear different from parts painted out of proper orientation.

Your project looks good. Keep it up.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I am certainly not one to criticize anyone else's work so don't take this wrong:

When painting parts separate from the assembly they will be attached to always try to orient the the part in the same plane as it will be when mounted. On doors for example hang via hooks in the glass run channel from an apparatus so the outer sides are in the vertical plane. Although it is difficult to explain the atomization of the topcoat impacting the surface if different, (usually thicker) when the part is laying down rather than standing up. This is why the hue, or color appears different in a solid color topcoat. Part of this can be compensated by a couple more psi in HVLP equipment, or 5-7 psi increase in conventional spray equipment. Metallics are a different animal altogether with mottling, blotching, sunken metallics, mica, or color separation, etc. Even "water white" clearcoats appear different from parts painted out of proper orientation.

Your project looks good. Keep it up.

Rob

none taken, took the painter some time to figure out why, once i letter the doors you wont see it to much.

gg2

Greengiant, that old Brock looks fantastic! Can't wait to see it in person.Maybe someday I'll see if I can set up a time to stop in and check it out if you would be so inclined. Just love these oldies brought back to life again.

10-4 no prob. hope to have it on the road soon working.

gg2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

more pics. had to build a plate for pintle hook for small trailer.

gg2

GOT SOME MORE PICS. IT NOW HAS RUBBER ON IT WITH A DRIVE SHAFT SO I CAN MOVE IT. BACKED IT OUT AND TURNED IT AROUND AND BACKED IT BACK IN SO I CAN LOOK AT IT IN A DIFFERENT POSITION NOW.

GG2

post-3449-0-05324400-1304561372_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-85015900-1304561395_thumb.jp

GOT SOME MORE PICS. IT NOW HAS RUBBER ON IT WITH A DRIVE SHAFT SO I CAN MOVE IT. BACKED IT OUT AND TURNED IT AROUND AND BACKED IT BACK IN SO I CAN LOOK AT IT IN A DIFFERENT POSITION NOW.

GG2

Lookin good! i guess no luck with fenders yet? i would'nt think up your way they'd be so hard to find,but i guess like everything else, parts are getting scarse!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

• 1 month later...

thought i would update the resrto on the brockway. just bought half fenders for it and then will take it for inspection. the fenders will stay white for now, running out of time. doesnt look bad that way. looks like the old milwaukee express.

gg2

post-3449-0-17191200-1309006449_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-60421200-1309006473_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-15586800-1309006498_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-60870600-1309006525_thumb.jp

post-3449-0-43893800-1309006545_thumb.jp

• Like 2

they look good,but what do you mean,half fenders,,and what was wrong with the old ones?...bob :rolleyes:

half fenders are for the rear to cover front tandem.

gg2