Brockway

GreenGiant2

half fenders are for the rear to cover front tandem.

gg2

The Pete I drive used to have nice looking stainless steel half fenders on it until I picked up a load of lumber at a sawmill in Ga. one time. Put the front strap just a tad too far forward and when I pulled out into the highway it caught the fender on the left side and crinkled it up. Had to pull into a store parking lot and take it off because it was rubbing the tires. They put a set of cheap quarter fenders on it when I got in, and Jeff said he was surprised the half fenders lasted as long as they did.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

When i was doing multiple truck tours for Clark,we had a guy who had full fenders on his W-900 KW,we were backing into the performing arts center in Nashville (very steep inside dock) and i said maybe you want me to spot your trailer,as i think you will mess up your fenders? his reply was "mind your business sonny,you drive your truck,i'll drive mine"! so,i says OK,and walk away...starts backing in,bottoms out on the hump,WHAM!!!! snapped both fenders in-two! he had'nt moved the tandems forward on the trailer either,so he tore the sand shoes off the landing gear as well! professional at work!........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

When i was doing multiple truck tours for Clark,we had a guy who had full fenders on his W-900 KW,we were backing into the performing arts center in Nashville (very steep inside dock) and i said maybe you want me to spot your trailer,as i think you will mess up your fenders? his reply was "mind your business sonny,you drive your truck,i'll drive mine"! so,i says OK,and walk away...starts backing in,bottoms out on the hump,WHAM!!!! snapped both fenders in-two! he had'nt moved the tandems forward on the trailer either,so he tore the sand shoes off the landing gear as well! professional at work!........Mark

thats hilarious man

Hello!

That Brock is now a fine looking truck, it has a great potential! I have a question though (probably a lame one, but here it comes):

What is that silver cylinder mounted forward of the driver's door? From what I've seen on the photos, they were very popular in the seventies, and then they disappeared completely. So what is it and why don't we see them anymore? Thanks in advance for the answer, have a nice day

Paweł

Hello!

That Brock is now a fine looking truck, it has a great potential! I have a question though (probably a lame one, but here it comes):

What is that silver cylinder mounted forward of the driver's door? From what I've seen on the photos, they were very popular in the seventies, and then they disappeared completely. So what is it and why don't we see them anymore? Thanks in advance for the answer, have a nice day

Paweł

Pawel,what you are seeing is called a "luberfiner" it is a remote mounted oil-filtering device. It contains a replaceable filter cartridge,much like a modern "spin-on" filter commonly used today. And was used before spin-on filters were widely used by truck/engine manufacturers...hope this is of some help,Mark

Mark, Bob - thanks for the answer. I heard the name "luberfiner" many times, but was unable to verify the meaning - internet doesn't say too much about it, but now I know more! Can it be some trucks had a luberfiner mounted under the hood? What could be the reason to put it outside? Thanks again, have a nice day

Paweł

Mark, Bob - thanks for the answer. I heard the name "luberfiner" many times, but was unable to verify the meaning - internet doesn't say too much about it, but now I know more! Can it be some trucks had a luberfiner mounted under the hood? What could be the reason to put it outside? Thanks again, have a nice day

Paweł

Pawel,yes,Luberfiners were mounted under the hoods of some trucks where space allowed,some down lower on the frame,ahead of or behind the fuel tanks,i have even seen some mounted behind the cab on daycabs (sleeperless) and Cabover trucks as well. I am under the impression that the reason they were mounted outside,was ease of access for service,and for a good flow of oil, being higher than the engine...........Mark

Here are a few more reference photos,you can see the Luberfiner behind the cab on the 3000 White,and just barely visible behind the fuel tank on the "N" series Ford...............Mark

post-5836-0-36900800-1309227893_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-64929300-1309227910_thumb.jp

The Luberfiner filters are of by-pass design and are used in addition to the primary filtering systems on most engines, as with Cummins. There are two models the taller the 750, and the shorter one the 500. The early Mack 673 diesels used the 500 series only, oil from the pan was fed directly to the engine and the filter, with the filtered oil returning to the pan. cold oil or restricted elements would allow it to by-pas and no filtering would take place. The luberfiners on cummins and other engines gave them a long life.

FW

Thanks again for the info!

Bob - technology is movin' on!

Mark - great photos, thanks for sharing!

Neil - thanks for the info. I've got a Cummins on my model, so I guess I'll depict a luberfiner too, mounted under the hood though.

Thanks again, have a nice day

Paweł

Thanks again for the info!

Bob - technology is movin' on!

Mark - great photos, thanks for sharing!

Neil - thanks for the info. I've got a Cummins on my model, so I guess I'll depict a luberfiner too, mounted under the hood though.

Thanks again, have a nice day

Paweł

pawel

on this truck the silver housing on the driver side is a power steering resivor. i did away with the lubrifiner and the engine has 2 filters on it. the reason you dont see these trucks anymore is mack owned brockway and closed the factory doors in 1977. the 700 series was only built for 3 years. 1975 76 and 77. just picked up the plates for it today. time to go truckin.

gg2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

pawel

on this truck the silver housing on the driver side is a power steering resvir. i did away with the lubrifiner and the engine has 2 filters on it. the reason you dont see these trucks anymore is mack owned brockway and closed the factory doors in 1977. the 700 series was only built for 3 years. 1975 76 and 77. just picked up the plates for it today. time to go truckin.

gg2

The same vintage Diamond Reo, White and AutoCars also ran the Power steering Reservior there. The 3 that I mentioned also mounted the Lubifiner in the same area, sometime next to the Power steering reservior if equiped. Paul

LUBERFINER.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE