One You Don't See Too Often

Here's one you don't see very often,an NO model military chassis,with heavy duty wrecker body,have no further info on this paticular truck (specs.,location,etc.) but its a Big-en!.........Mark

I'll bet the Ol' Girl has some cool stories to tell.

Sometimes you're the windshield and sometimes you're the BUG!!!

Yeah, I would like to see somebody try to play "chicken" with me for my parking spot! randyp

Iffn you're going to play chicken,then you need the genuine accessory roof mounted 50 cal. browning machinegun!.............Mark

post-5836-0-70764000-1297387048_thumb.jp

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Iffn you're going to play chicken,then you need the genuine accessory roof mounted 50 cal. browning machinegun!.............Mark

I've only seen 30 caliber machine guns rail mounted like that myself. But never have seen one on a "NO" series truck. There is a wrecker yard not far from here that has an "NO" with a crane body. Damned heavy truck with a real nice running 707 gas engine.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Rob,i agree,i've only seen 30 cal. on this type mount too ,"duece and a half" GMC etc. but the article accompanying this picture says it was a 50 cal.undergoing tests at the Aberdeen proving grounds in Maryland in august 1943 Extra "beefy" five man cab,heavy duty gun mount with the idea of supporting the 5 man crew of a 155 MM "long-tom" artillery piece. I have been trying to find out if any of these were built with a diesel engine,so far have found no evidence to support or deny it. The reason i was curious is that i saw a video on youtube of an NO,and the caption states its diesel powered,but does'nt go into any detail. It sure sounds good though!........Mark

Mark, we have quite a few of those come through here on a regular basis, usually 3 or 4 with pickup leading them and civilians driving them. I just figured the first time I saw it, someone had made a big surplus purchase. I guess I have seen it a couple of times since, someone may be putting an army together somewhere. I dont know what the deal is, it may be the texas army assembling for the takeover of Florida. Be sure and tell Hatcity, we aint taking no stinking prisoners. All captives go in the hogpen with Spot, hence, "stinking prisoners". Gurd your Loins, Hatcity! randyp :ninja::blah:

Mark, we have quite a few of those come through here on a regular basis, usually 3 or 4 with pickup leading them and civilians driving them. I just figured the first time I saw it, someone had made a big surplus purchase. I guess I have seen it a couple of times since, someone may be putting an army together somewhere. I dont know what the deal is, it may be the texas army assembling for the takeover of Florida. Be sure and tell Hatcity, we aint taking no stinking prisoners. All captives go in the hogpen with Spot, hence, "stinking prisoners". Gurd your Loins, Hatcity! randyp :ninja::blah:

Way things are going,may be time to look into starting our own army! looks like the perfect vehicle to patrol the border in Arizona!............Mark