Mack Trucks On Modern Marvels 2/4/11

Mack 3P

Modern Marvels in the History Channel

Tonight Friday Feb 4th 9:00PM

"America would come to a standstill without trucks. Trucks transport a staggering 70 percent of all the nation's goods. Explore the amazingly diverse world of American trucks and the colorful men and women who drive them. Join country superstar Brad Paisley and his crew of truckers on the road between Little Rock and Tulsa--racing the clock to be on time for Brad's next concert. In Dearborn, Michigan, climb aboard one of the most popular pickups--the Ford F-150--as it tackles a devilish test course. And in Virginia, see how fast the world's most nimble tow truck can extract a car from the tightest parking spot imaginable. Meet a Mack truck fanatic and his cool collection of vintage models, and ride-along with an unsung hero with a truly dirty job--operating a truck designed to empty and clean portable toilets."

Modern Marvels in the History Channel

Tonight Friday Feb 4th 9:00PM

"America would come to a standstill without trucks. Trucks transport a staggering 70 percent of all the nation's goods. Explore the amazingly diverse world of American trucks and the colorful men and women who drive them. Join country superstar Brad Paisley and his crew of truckers on the road between Little Rock and Tulsa--racing the clock to be on time for Brad's next concert. In Dearborn, Michigan, climb aboard one of the most popular pickups--the Ford F-150--as it tackles a devilish test course. And in Virginia, see how fast the world's most nimble tow truck can extract a car from the tightest parking spot imaginable. Meet a Mack truck fanatic and his cool collection of vintage models, and ride-along with an unsung hero with a truly dirty job--operating a truck designed to empty and clean portable toilets."

Dammit...missed it. Hopefully it'll be on again and I'll catch it. Sounds interesting. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

:SMOKIE-LFT: I watched it last night. That's insane how fast Brad Paisley's guys pack all that stuff up and get it moved out, seems like a tight schedule to keep with no room for anything to go wrong. I'm glad they're doing it and not me. That Mack collector had quite a bunch of early Macks. Looks like most were restored too. Very nice.

No Macks until the last ten minutes! THey had a guy (a lot of you may know him), had a giant building FULL of old macks...went right down the history of all the models...skipped right over the B models!!!!! Rob will be happy he spent some time and showed some R models...

No Macks until the last ten minutes! THey had a guy (a lot of you may know him), had a giant building FULL of old macks...went right down the history of all the models...skipped right over the B models!!!!! Rob will be happy he spent some time and showed some R models...

I miss all kinds of good shows cause we don't have anything but basic TV. No cable or anything at all.

Usually see the stuff on youtube.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I miss all kinds of good shows cause we don't have anything but basic TV. No cable or anything at all.

Usually see the stuff on youtube.

Rob

Seen this on youtube:

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Do you know the guys name that was on the show? I would like to try to get in contact with him.

If it comes on again I will try to write it down if no one on here knows it...Where y'at in Houston...spent 25 years on the near east side...

We are in Highlands, TX, where about did you live?

My dad has a fully restored 53 LT he has been wanting to sell. I happened to see the Modern Marvels episode this weekend and wanted to get in contact with Gary Mahan to see if he, or someone he knows would be interested in my dads truck. Here is a link to our website with information on the LT.

http://hillequipco.com/53MACK.html

• 1 year later...

Gary does not like B-model's for some reason check out this web site I did I was there this summer it is really amazing

he has 6 full time guy's working on his trucks all day long..

http://mackmacktruck.com/gary-mahan-truck-collection.html

You will enjoy this site..

mackmacktruck

Do you mean Gary Mahan?

I met Gary through a good friend of mine Mickey Delia here in NJ

you can reach him here: http://mackmacktruck.com/mack-restoration-by-mickey.html

he is one of the nicest guys you will ever talk to

We are in Highlands, TX, where about did you live?

My dad has a fully restored 53 LT he has been wanting to sell. I happened to see the Modern Marvels episode this weekend and wanted to get in contact with Gary Mahan to see if he, or someone he knows would be interested in my dads truck. Here is a link to our website with information on the LT.

http://hillequipco.com/53MACK.html

I could help you sell the truck this is what I do..

http://mackforsale.com

mackmacktruck

post-12136-0-60817400-1356754608_thumb.j

• Like 1