MY thoughts are that anything that upgrades the truck to ride and last longer is ok. Im not big into putting a old mack on a new pete frame but a old mack onto a new mack frame is ok. Air ride will not only help with the ride but it puts less stress on the truck. air bags take alot of shock out of everthing from axels,frame to the cab. I upgraded the interior of MY RS so that it has more comfort and style. Nothing wrong with the old cab but it was just plane,noisy and cold. I think it looks and feels personalized to my style.I also will be adding a air ride cab for both the comfort and reduced shock of the cab. It may not be Factory but if done right it can "look the part"

Trent

it`s sure a nice truck,but it`s a little overdone for my thoughts.

and if i put so much money in a truck i would go for the little things.

put a pad on the clutch pedal,find me a steeringwheel that isn`t broke.

just my thoughts.

Leon.

Agree.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Sure glad to know that I won't be an outcast after I finish mine. The plan is to splice it together with a newer frame and rears that I have. Plan on using it to go to pulls instead of wearing out my pick-up. BTW any one know where I can get my hands on a tri or quadraplex?

nah,,,too gawdy for my style,,randyp

I agree,i know its not MY truck,but i don't why these guys that restore a classic truck have to get so carried away! i mean all those lights and crap,looks like a dam circus wagon! I do agree that the modern mechanical upgrades are warranted IE: air-ride,power steering,AC etc. both from a practical and safety standpoint.But why "goober" it all up with all that other BS? i appreaciate nice work and good craftsmanship myself,but quality work,attention to detail are more important then flashy paint and a million lights! and like Trent said,setting a B-75 cab on a late model Pete frame does'nt count as a $100,000 restoration (in my eyes anyway) kinda "bastardizes" it for me LOL!......you would'nt put a 351 Cleveland in a Corvette would you?...........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

THAT BLACK ONE IS MY STYLE!.

I think the first red one could louse alot of the little crome bits and it would look nice. the interior is also a little overdone but again you can see that they made it into a show truck. If I hade one that flashy I would not want to get it dirty in the mud.

EDIT!!!!! wait wait wait... Do I spy a pete frame under that black one?????

THAT BLACK ONE IS MY STYLE!.

I think the first red one could louse alot of the little crome bits and it would look nice. the interior is also a little overdone but again you can see that they made it into a show truck. If I hade one that flashy I would not want to get it dirty in the mud.

EDIT!!!!! wait wait wait... Do I spy a pete frame under that black one?????

Sure looks like a Pete battery box/fuel tank, Vortox air cleaner.......but ITS tastefully done i think,not so much crap on it...........

If i was going to build a truck from scratch,(as i intend to) it would look a lot like this one! this is my "dream truck" the search for info on/about this particular truck was what lead me to this website in the first place! and was the topic of one of my very first posts, Rob was one of the first people to reply with what info he had on it, i have been trying to track down the original owner of this truck for YEARS! to see if any more photos,specs.,paint codes colors etc. still exist...............Mark

post-5836-0-92441400-1296007411_thumb.jp

post-5836-0-56175700-1296007431_thumb.jp

If i was going to build a truck from scratch,(as i intend to) it would look a lot like this one! this is my "dream truck" the search for info on/about this particular truck was what lead me to this website in the first place! and was the topic of one of my very first posts, Rob was one of the first people to reply with what info he had on it, i have been trying to track down the original owner of this truck for YEARS! to see if any more photos,specs.,paint codes colors etc. still exist...............Mark

Hey Mark, do you by any chance know the VIN?

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Hey Mark, do you by any chance know the VIN?

No,i sure don't i only met the driver/owner once back in the 80's did'nt get into specifics,now i wished i had! i have searched Ilinois DMV records,people search you name it,i found out from Rob the guy that owned this truck was one of the original inventors of the truck APU! even tried to find him through a U.S. Patent application,so far all i know is his name is/was? Robert (Bob) Eckstein,from Round lake Beach,IL and his name IS listed on the patent application form dated 1982.its been a long uphill battle trying to find this guy! I have been for years amassing western R-model parts with the intention of someday duplicating this truck as close to original as possible. I could "eyeball" the paint colors and some of the detail work,but this truck had some very un-usual pin-stripe/paint separation lines that i would need a close-up photo to duplicate (think 70's "fogged" panel paint).........Mark

Rob had mentiond he saw this truck in a Mag but it had a smaller sleeper on it. I think He Stretched the truck for the larger sleeper. I will take a ride over to where I think he parkes his superliner??? its a few miles away. WIll check the name on the door. It hasent moved in 6 years. Its red but has a simmilar paint job...back in 20 mins~!!!!!

That could very well be it! it originally came with a 36" Able-body single bunk,was later upgaded to a Double eagle 60"........Mark

Pretty certain the 36" sleeper was a "Rest Rite" out of Pennsylvania.

This truck was the last RL755LST built but gone now. Mine is the second and sole remainder.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Just went over and looked. This was an early 80s superliner 1 has a simmalar paint job but it has the name Bonke on the door. its red with tan or white stripes. I think a local contruction friend asked me once if my RS was owned by that guy. I called him but no answer. he is older than me and may have some info on the guy?

Trent

Just got off the phone with a friend. He knows the past and current owener of the superliner I just went to look at.Said its not the same owners of the RS But he remberes the RS700L from 25-30 years ago. He discribed it to the "T". Said he saw it many of times running up and down RT12 near Round lake IL. He Does not know where it went or the owner but said he will ask around as its kinda a small town around here.

Trent