Just got off the phone with a friend. He knows the past and current owener of the superliner I just went to look at.Said its not the same owners of the RS But he remberes the RS700L from 25-30 years ago. He discribed it to the "T". Said he saw it many of times running up and down RT12 near Round lake IL. He Does not know where it went or the owner but said he will ask around as its kinda a small town around here.

Trent

Thanks a lot Trent,i appreacieate it! anything you can dig up would be helpful! according to what Rob told me,the truck got parted out many years ago,but i thought if i could talk to the owner he could give me some insight,tips etc. on the specifics of the truck,or maybe have some better pictures of it than i do.where is Round lake in relation to Chicago? i get up that way every once in a while.....Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Pretty certain the 36" sleeper was a "Rest Rite" out of Pennsylvania.

This truck was the last RL755LST built but gone now. Mine is the second and sole remainder.

Rob

Nope you're right,it was a "Rest Rite" just got excited,had a "brainfart"!!!!!!!! did'nt want to let the cat out of the bag too early,but i have a line on a 1974 RL-700 in my area thats currently a Tri-axle dumptruck (former tractor) been sitting for approx. 12 years i can get "cheap" its literally right down the street from where i live,guy wants to keep the dump body,so would be a perfect "jumping off" point for my project! just have to wait and see how it shakes out! as there are a couple other people interested in the truck,but the big problem is it does'nt run/drive (cracked head) and i'm not going to go wild (pricewise) with something that needs EVERYTHING from the ground up!.............Mark

Nope you're right,it was a "Rest Rite" just got excited,had a "brainfart"!!!!!!!! did'nt want to let the cat out of the bag too early,but i have a line on a 1974 RL-700 in my area thats currently a Tri-axle dumptruck (former tractor) been sitting for approx. 12 years i can get "cheap" its literally right down the street from where i live,guy wants to keep the dump body,so would be a perfect "jumping off" point for my project! just have to wait and see how it shakes out!....Mark

What model of RL? Is it on spokes F&R, or spokes all around? My 74 RL797LST is Budd hubs, (California truck) F&R.

Finally acquired a p/s pump for a V8. Trent has the steering gear, linkage, and reservoir so I can put power steering on this one. I am a self proclaimed "wuss" as I get older. Actually my daughter wants to show this truck so it NEEDS power steering. It already has air conditioning, (really).

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

What model of RL? Is it on spokes F&R, or spokes all around? My 74 RL797LST is Budd hubs, (California truck) F&R.

Finally acquired a p/s pump for a V8. Trent has the steering gear, linkage, and reservoir so I can put power steering on this one. I am a self proclaimed "wuss" as I get older. Actually my daughter wants to show this truck so it NEEDS power steering. It already has air conditioning, (really).

Rob

Rob, i have'nt gotten the specific model designation behind the "RL" yet,the current owner does'nt know,and i have only seen the truck for a few minutes from a distance,it does have "Budds" on the steer axle (flotation tires/wheels) and spokes on the lift/rears,Mack engine,trans.etc......if the weather permits i am going to kook at it this weekend,will make note of the VIN,specs.etc..................Mark