Calling All Mack E Model Owners

• 1 month later...

post-5823-126975606096_thumb.jpgHi Folks.

This is Mario Colomo from Chihuahua Mexico.

I just got registered in the Mack Trucks site.

I did it because I own a 1966 Mack truck and I don't know anything about it.

I bought it two years ago because it had a crane on it and I haven't used the truck nor even an hour since then.

I got the crane out of the truck and this week I just extended the truck platform, where the crane used to be.

If some one of you send me information about the traits of this truck, please let me know at my e-mail

betocolomo@hotmail.com

See the picture of my truck attached.

Thanks

Mario

post-5823-126975604708_thumb.jpg

post-5823-126975606096_thumb.jpgHi Folks.

This is Mario Colomo from Chihuahua Mexico.

I just got registered in the Mack Trucks site.

I did it because I own a 1966 Mack truck and I don't know anything about it.

I bought it two years ago because it had a crane on it and I haven't used the truck nor even an hour since then.

I got the crane out of the truck and this week I just extended the truck platform, where the crane used to be.

If some one of you send me information about the traits of this truck, please let me know at my e-mail

betocolomo@hotmail.com

See the picture of my truck attached.

Thanks

Mario

:SMOKIE-LFT:

:o Beautiful truck,Mario; :banana:

:WELCOME: Welcome to the forum!

As you might have figured from reading the posts here,we LOVE Mack truck pictures;interior,under the hood,drivetrain,dashboard,pics of the truck at work,parked at home,bring 'em on. The more details you can show,the more the guys and gals on this forum can tell you about your truck.

Another thing that will help you a lot is to send the VIN number and whatever other "paperwork" details you know to the :mack1: Truck Museum;there's a link on this website to it. They can give you a pretty complete package of information on your particular truck,like where and when it was built,when and where it was bought new,who ordered it,as well as some technical and service information. They put a lot of effort into this,so a decent donation to the Museum is always greatly appreciated. In the meantime,feel free to ask all the questions you want,these people enjoy helping other Mack owners learn the Mack truck world. :thumb:

Am I right in thinking you removed the crane from your truck? If it's just lying in your yard getting in your way,I'd gladly take it off your hands,since my 1945 EH model has a bare spot on its frame that would fit that crane,and a lot of work to do. ;)

As far as information on your "B",I can't do you much good there;my EH is a slightly lighter duty truck (It doesn't know that though.),and is powered by a gas six cylinder,so there's not much that's the same,but there's plenty of "B" owners here;you'd have to work at it to throw them a question they haven't dealt with. B)

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

It's official, the Mack E Model Registry is under way with a grand total of just seven Es in Australia and the US listed so far (apologies to those who have read this on ATHS).

If you own an E or know someone who does please drop me a line by email or private message.

Once I have a decent number of trucks listed (say 50), I will make the registry available to whoever is interested. The format will follow that of the B Model register and the E register will be available on the net somewhere in pdf format.

Thanks to Lee Haeberlein, Tom Freeman, Bob Gilbreath, David Waits and Mike Harbison for their help getting this off the ground and to Barry for making this a sticky!

Cheers

Andy

Andy,

I also have an "E" series Mack. It is a "EFU" serial number "1S2671" 1949 model, with only 23,373 miles. I have had the truck for

about 15 years. I am missing the R.H. access panel on the hood and am unable to find one. I keep running into brick walls trying to find it.

There must be limited numbers available of this series. This truck was originally purchased by the University of California and still has

the decals on the doors. If anyone out there can assist me in obtaining the R.H. access panel, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MACK EFU

post-6832-025309600 1285458314_thumb.jpgMichael of Southeast Missouri

post-6832-075014300 1285458176_thumb.jpg

post-6832-056657800 1285458193_thumb.jpg

post-6832-030945200 1285458267_thumb.jpg

post-6832-073646200 1285458298_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi guys

Well, it's been more than a year since I was last here and things have been happening. After being out of work for just over a year, I started in a new job at the start of March and it has turned out to be the best job I've ever had. I've been slowly getting back into trucks and am currently on the trail of some Mack Es down here. They'll be a lot of work but ... have to get them first. Have yet to even see photos. Very early days and may amount to nothing so... Had a major disappointment with a very derelict one early this year when I found out, the day before heading into the bush to check it out, that it had gone. Therefore, trying not to get too excited but with E Models it's a bit hard!

I also found a stunningly original EGR1D not far from here. A magic, magic machine. Have attached a pic below.

I would like to thank you all for keeping the E Model registry thread going. There's some awesome trucks being recorded and I will get them onto the registry in the next couple of weeks (end of month and end of year coming up for work ... yikes!).

To those of you who have posted details of your trucks, I will get in touch with you individually over the next month or so. Feel free to email me at aircrewbooksATiinet.net.au (replacing the AT with @ of course).

Merry Christmas E model lovers and Mack fans in general!

Cheers

Andy

EGR1D.JPG

• Like 1

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

:o How do you guys keep finding trucks with intact glass? :idunno: I can't even remember the last truck I got that didn't need at least a new windshield.

BTW-Andy,you did get word that my E has a new owner and is being restored,didn't you? I kinda miss it,but the man who bought it will do right by it-it's going to be the Company "Diplomat"-you know,greet customers as they drive up to the business,pull floats in the parades,make special deliveries,etc.,fun stuff. I'm going to get the new owner logged in here as soon as he can sit down at his computer for a few minutes without working.

In the meantime,I'll keep watching for another ol' :mack1: I can afford. (Maybe Packer can help... :whistling: )

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

That's cool,Andy-I was just curious. Always good to hear from other :mack1: lovers. I'm just hoping getting the Registry up and running doesn't cut you out of time to enjoy YOUR :mack1: Trucks! I know what a "time vacuum" the forums can be if I don't make myself get up and walk away once in a while. :P

Speed

I have one more for your list of cool e models. I have a 47 Mack EHT. I can get the VIN soon.. Truck is all apart and a restoration started.. Still looking for some parts

post-6902-0-83216000-1311526343_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Will do, Don. That's an old EHU. I'll have to check if she's the oldest so far.

Mike, awesome EF1S. She yours? Would love to find something like that and have been entertaining ideas (again) of importing one to Australia.

Speed, yes I did hear about you moving the E on. Sorry I didn't reply earlier. Your message was got me started back along the road to 'recovery' as it were. Hope you can keep in touch with her. Hope you find one to replace her.

Great stuff, Josh. The EHT looks pretty straight (?).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, still kicking down here. Just attended an awesome run along the old Hume Highway. Lots of great old trucks and some fine Macks. Will post some pics in the antique section or in my album soon.

I have to update the E Registry with the most recent trucks listed above but I'd say we're over 60 Es now. Let's push on for 100! I won't make any promises with getting an official list out as I have done in the past but that is still the plan and it will be sent out to whoever has listed their truck and whoever is interested (email me at aircrewbooksATiinet.net.au - replacing the AT with @).

EGR1D.JPG

I'm a bit confused and maybe somebody can educate me. I have a 1940 Mack which looks just like the green one in this picture which i always thought was a Model E. But last week i pulled it out of storage and the tag says "Model 25" Serial # is 25 S 1005. So what is a Model 25???

Edited by 1940mack
  • Like 1

I'm a bit confused and maybe somebody can educate me. I have a 1940 Mack which looks just like the green one in this picture which i always thought was a Model E. But last week i pulled it out of storage and the tag says "Model 25" Serial # is 25 S 1005. So what is a Model 25???

your truck was originally a firetruck,they used numbers instead of letters.

• Like 1

1940Mack, I think you have the first Type 25 I have ever come across. Would love to see some photos. How long have you had her for?

MAC63B67, Speed found what was left of an E bus a while ago but he couldn't get the serial off her. Would love to know as, like the Type 25, I have yet to see a photo of one.

Thanks, guys, for taking the time to post and mention your members of the E family!

Hi all

The registry is now up to 61 entries after I finally got off my arse and updated the thing. Thanks to everyone who has kept posting their truck's details. In the past week I've discovered the existence of another two Es down here in Australia. This is on top of the four incomplete derelict ones (one damaged radiator shell between them) I almost bought earlier this year. I will find 'my' one eventually ... it just doesn't know it's mine yet!

Anyway, some comments for the guys who I've just added to the registry (have used italics as the quote tags weren't working for some reason).

“Hi again Andy, my 1945 Mack number is EHX 1D 8297. I hope this helps, so is this the 56th E registered? Thank You, Erik `K”

Erik, yes, she is the 56th registered and the first EHX1D to be listed.

“How do I submit my information? What is your direct e-mail? My EE is a farm truck on a 175 wheel base. The VIN is EE 1D 2686. It is a 4 speed with a 2 speed axle. Dennis Stoeser Newman Lake, Washington USA”

Dennis, your EE is the youngest EE on the registry. I'd hazard a guess at 1942 but the 1949 EFU1S below kinda throws that guess out the window.

“Andy,

I also have an "E" series Mack. It is a "EFU" serial number "1S2671" 1949 model, with only 23,373 miles. I have had the truck for

about 15 years. I am missing the R.H. access panel on the hood and am unable to find one. I keep running into brick walls trying to find it.

There must be limited numbers available of this series. This truck was originally purchased by the University of California and still has

the decals on the doors. If anyone out there can assist me in obtaining the R.H. access panel, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MACK EFU

Michael of Southeast Missouri”

Michael, your EFU is the first on the registry and must be one of the lowest mileage (non-fire truck) Es out there. Have you investigated whether she's the same cab as the EHUs etc?

“Can you put this one down, 1939 EHU 1 D 1008

Don Evans in Bakersfield, CA”

The oldest EHU1D to date and a quick look suggests the third oldest on the registry so far.

“I'm a bit confused and maybe somebody can educate me. I have a 1940 Mack which looks just like the green one in this picture which i always thought was a Model E. But last week i pulled it out of storage and the tag says "Model 25" Serial # is 25 S 1005. So what is a Model 25???”

1940mack, the first Type 25 for the list.

Thanks everyone! Anyone going to Gerhardt's make sure you give the Es a pat for me!

Please add my 1941? 55S1039 to the list. It originally served Lakewood NJ. The previous owner said it hadn't run since 1984 or 85. My father spent about an hour cleaning the points and the battery terminals, added a fresh battery and fresh gas and it started up and runs great. The master cylinder is frozen up. It still sports its original paint and some of the gold leaf. The family I got it from has a restored ED. I will have to get you the serial #. It is in the 2000's.

Michael Yarnall

Boyertown, PA

• Like 1

So I got the 1939 EHU 1 D 1008 cranking with good oil pressure today. Put in new plugs. Pulled the carb for some cleaning. While it was off I gave it a shot of juice (updraft carb) and presto, it fired right up. This is a very low miles original truck. Spent a good deal of time underneath this weekend scraping and cleaning. Has real nice dumping flatbed (was gainbox), overloads, aux brownie and disc parking brake. I'll post some picks soon.

Michael and powergiant, sounds like you guys had a good E weekend. Thanks for the details. I'll update the registry accordingly.

Yes please on that ED's serial number, Michael. Looking forward to the pics, powergiant, sounds like you're onto a winner with the EHU. How'd she sound running?

I am just starting a restoration on a 1946 Model EF1 serial # S2475. The configuration is a dump body. It looks like someone added air brakes at some time. Overall the truck is in very good condition. The truck is in New Jersey and I believe and last ran in the early 90's. The motor does turn and with some work will be running. I could use some help with parts and history on these trucks.

Thanks

post-9327-0-97531900-1316614332_thumb.jp

Wow, BigRobbie, that is an awesome EF1S. Very straight and looks to be all there. Well done. Anything with a dump body gets my tick of approval. :twothumbsup:

What parts are you after and what do you want to know about the trucks? BMT is the best place to ask.

I am just starting a restoration on a 1946 Model EF1 serial # S2475. The configuration is a dump body. It looks like someone added air brakes at some time. Overall the truck is in very good condition. The truck is in New Jersey and I believe and last ran in the early 90's. The motor does turn and with some work will be running. I could use some help with parts and history on these trucks.

Thanks

post-9327-0-97531900-1316614332_thumb.jp

Looks like you have a really nice survivor,good luck with it.

The EF was the second most popular of the E series with 13,783 built from 1938 to 1951.John Chalmers in PA used to have alot of NOS E model stuff.He'd be a good one to check with for any small parts.

• Like 1