Calling All Mack E Model Owners

Here's another for the registry,Andy.Just a door tag,unfortunately truck was scrapped.(Not by me)

EHU IS 1651

This is the first time I've seen the letter "I" in a early Mack serial #.I'm wondering if it was a misprint and supposed to have been a 1.It is clearly stamped so there's no mistaking it for anything else.

That is a bit odd, Mike, but I think you're right. I'll be sure to include your notes in the registry. Did you just miss the truck before she was scrapped or was she long gone? Good to have another EHU for the registry anyway.

39 Baby Mack, wow! Beautiful truck, mate. Just looks so right. We'd call that a "ute" down here. My wife's favourite size of truck so I'll have to show her the photo. ;)

Thanks to all the recent posters, I'll get your trucks on the registry in the next day or so and let you know where you sit based on my observations of the registry.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

Please register my 1948 type 45-S-1467 (EF) former Rutledge,PA fire truck. I'm told it was retired in 1969. At sometime in its life the pumper body was removed. A mason dump was added that was short and a silly looking home made rack body was added between the cab and mason dump (both bodies scrapped by the way). 35,000+ miles. Freed up some valves, changed the oil and fired it up. Oil pressure-50PSI.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Andy: Ihave a EQSW,model:EQSW 64,chassis number EQ2D1478.new in 1948.one of three purchased by local logging co.I have the third truck,2nd was destroyed in '54,the first is in a field not far from where I live.It's numbers are EQ2D1485,in which I have tag.Have pictures of EHR1D-12222 being down a few years ago.Is it registered and do you know if its finished.He had another for parts.forget his name.ther must be quite a few LJSWX macks in AUS.have pictures of a pair of yellow ones from there.Yours is definetly a LJSWX.could you tell me the chassis number of it.mine is 2D6826D.Also had EHX I got for engine and mono-shift trans.double reduction rear end went into a muesum truck here but I kept the tag.Bob

• 4 months later...

Thanks, guys, I'll get these added shortly. We had our first child in March so the registry, as usual for the past few years, has taken a back seat.

:SMOKIE-RT:

Hi Andy;

Congratulations on the new tricycle motor! How about a couple of pics? :twothumbsup:

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Thanks, guys, I'll get these added shortly. We had our first child in March so the registry, as usual for the past few years, has taken a back seat.

Congratulations on the new addition (baby that is). There is nothing that warms the heart of an existing dad as seeing another formerly single, formerly childless, formerly cool male go through the same thing - HA!

I hope Mom and the baby are doing well!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys

Thanks Speed and Olivetroad, both girls doing very well. Have attached a photo.

On the Mack front have discovered four E-models not two hours from where we live. To say I was speechless is an understatement. I remember drooling and babbling excitedly while I hunted tags and chassis numbers ... and didn't write anything down!

post-302-0-58224900-1338158258_thumb.jpg

:SMOKIE-RT:

Beautiful little girl Andy! Looks like she has a natural smile;hope she grows up a naturally happy yound lady!

Speed

:SMOKIE-LFT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

Thanks, Speed, she is a cutie, isn't she?! Still chuckling about being "formerly cool" according to Olivetroad. That means, at some stage, I was cool! LOL.

48Model45, sounds like a fine Type 45 you've got there. Quite a low number so might hold a record of some sort on the registry. I'll let you know.

Pauls Macks and BOB DINGSDALE, you guys have me excited. Bob, I'll get your trucks listed tonight hopefully. Looking forward to hearing from you, Paul.

I'm going to try to send out a group email to everyone who has registered so far just to touch base.

Andy:The tag I have off the one I took engine and trans out of is EHX 1 D 9434.Our musium here has a EH 1 D also that I will get number for you .Cowl,rad shell ,hood,side curtains and running gear are all thats left Mack rest is made by Pacific Truck & Trailer after rest either rusted out or got smashed.Will send pictures when I figure out how.Bob D

• Like 1

Still chuckling about being "formerly cool" according to Olivetroad. That means, at some stage, I was cool! LOL.

That was just a nice, standard, general expression that in no way guarantees that you were cool at some point in life.

But if you are on here, you like Macks, prefer the opposite sex, and have a kid, than chances are you were and still are somewhat cool!

at least until you find yourself car shopping for a minivan!

Take care of that little one - she is a keeper!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...