Wtf Is This Crap?

ThaddeusW

Seriously, what the F#@& is this shit: http://www.mikegrims.com/rv.htm

Should have just used the MH parts. I suggest setting fire to this thing upon sighting.

Kinda "tacky" looking in my opinion.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Kinda like the Johnnie Cash song....it's a 51,52,53,54.........

But with any thing that they could scrounge in the junk yard

"look at me, look at me, driving this big truck"

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

If you knew the whole story you wouldn't be so critical.

The MH daycab shells were sitting around his shop for years. What can you do with an MH daycab shell? The friend owned the RV that got banged up and the OEM camper parts were no longer available and made the RV a useless piece of junk. Mike took what he had laying around and was able to put the thing back together. All of the work was done with wreck parts that he had laying around. The Vulva hood is hard to look at but he didn't have any Mack hoods complete with lighting and grille that he wanted to cut apart to make work on this thing (Mack parts sell, Vulva parts don't).

If you get past the looks and think about the fabrication and work done to make this thing a useable piece for very little money. Mike is the kind of guy that builds what he needs rather than going to the bank. It shows with all of his equipment, trucks, grader, race cars, etc.

Grim's is a very good shop that does very nice work. No return trips for corrections, done right the first time.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

The MH daycab shells were sitting around his shop for years. What can you do with an MH daycab shell? The friend owned the RV that got banged up and the OEM camper parts were no longer available and made the RV a useless piece of junk. Mike took what he had laying around and was able to put the thing back together. All of the work was done with wreck parts that he had laying around. The Vulva hood is hard to look at but he didn't have any Mack hoods complete with lighting and grille that he wanted to cut apart to make work on this thing (Mack parts sell, Vulva parts don't).

If you get past the looks and think about the fabrication and work done to make this thing a useable piece for very little money. Mike is the kind of guy that builds what he needs rather than going to the bank. It shows with all of his equipment, trucks, grader, race cars, etc.

Grim's is a very good shop that does very nice work. No return trips for corrections, done right the first time.

Hi, it only looks odd cause the factory didnt do it. if this came out with a renault badge on it no one would complain. but never mind how it looks, its a motor home/camper van and while he has been working on it its one less that got in your way out there! the important thing about this project is the workmanship and effort it took to make it all function and look like it does. this guy has built a camper van, not a Mack with a kenworth cab and a flintstone hood and then out pulling trailers around with it.

Grant

I looked around on his site and found the photos of the B-81 that Mike restored for his customer to use for specialized heavy hauling. He also restored a DM-600 and an RM for the same company.

B-81

DM-600 & RM

I couldn't see the B-81 but the DM and RM look great!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Oh I am not knocking their skill. The MH day cab being fitted to the camper is an awesome idea but the Volvo hood? that looks absolutely awful.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

His craftmanship is great,I trhink it's just the'" grill shock".. Campers are made from anything..this was at the ATHS Tri State show in Va last year,Ex sanitation chassis?

post-3242-092458400 1286155772_thumb.jpg

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

His craftmanship is great,I trhink it's just the'" grill shock".. Campers are made from anything..this was at the ATHS Tri State show in Va last year,Ex sanitation chassis?

Believe it or not,that camper was a factory option for the Diamond Reo Trend.It was made to be removable and a regular truck bed could be fitted for hauling.

Hey paul,this camper sure looks a lot like one that sat in the woods up near where i used to live in new jersey, passed it for many years,just never thought to take a picture of it. may even be the same one,it was for sale for YEARS before i stopped seeing it,only difference i can remember is the one i know of had a red cab.................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Believe it or not,that camper was a factory option for the Diamond Reo Trend.It was made to be removable and a regular truck bed could be fitted for hauling.

I showed my wife the option.........said we should look for one.........she said words I never thought she knew.

I think it had a Maryland tag, not far from Jersey,

Any idea how many were sold??

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE