Hey Mackpro

what do you think about the guy out east with the egr fix??? what do you think the cost will be???

what do you think about some reprograming on mine, fan kik in during engine brake???? or accept the overide switch would work....

fan stays locked in during take off regaurdless of engine temp. even 160dg, every stop sign, stop lite, till 11th or 12th gear. but will not kik in during engine brake, not even with the overide switch.

overide switch will work, when idling or driving,

??????????????????

turbo and frame are both dry now and have not used a drop of oil,this service 7,000 miles>>>>>

as allways thanks for your time.....

what do you think about the guy out east with the egr fix??? what do you think the cost will be???

what do you think about some reprograming on mine, fan kik in during engine brake???? or accept the overide switch would work....

fan stays locked in during take off regaurdless of engine temp. even 160dg, every stop sign, stop lite, till 11th or 12th gear. but will not kik in during engine brake, not even with the overide switch.

overide switch will work, when idling or driving,

??????????????????

turbo and frame are both dry now and have not used a drop of oil,this service 7,000 miles>>>>>

as allways thanks for your time.....

Hey Bigen, did you ever get a hold of a manual? I'll send you the pages I have (if I can find them again). I looked back at your previous post about the engine brake, I'll think about it some more. Can't say as I remember hearing about any problems with weak Powerleash brakes. The only thing I can really think of would be the little screen on the bottom of the rocker arm brackets maybe being plugged up resulting in reduced oil pressure. A few years back Mack had some problems with casting sand in the cylinder heads resulting in coolant starvation to the air compressor, I suppose the same could happen with the oil gallies in the head. As far as the engine fan engaging with the brake, I don't think it would hurt. It might be possible to change the other parameters for the fan enagement too. I think Rowdy Rebel was on it regarding the EGR, but I'd still like to try it out.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Hey Bigen, did you ever get a hold of a manual? I'll send you the pages I have (if I can find them again). I looked back at your previous post about the engine brake, I'll think about it some more. Can't say as I remember hearing about any problems with weak Powerleash brakes. The only thing I can really think of would be the little screen on the bottom of the rocker arm brackets maybe being plugged up resulting in reduced oil pressure. A few years back Mack had some problems with casting sand in the cylinder heads resulting in coolant starvation to the air compressor, I suppose the same could happen with the oil gallies in the head. As far as the engine fan engaging with the brake, I don't think it would hurt. It might be possible to change the other parameters for the fan enagement too. I think Rowdy Rebel was on it regarding the EGR, but I'd still like to try it out.

the jackobs brake on my 01 and 04 locked the fan when decending a grade made a huge difference, but the eb itself was much stronger the 01 would throw your ass on the dash in 6th gear. i have been told the power leash will not hold like that but the fan would help.

i went off a 5% grade 2day in 6th gear and still had to touch the brakes frequiently to keep it of the chip.

bruce run the overhead replaced the o rings, checked everything close.

the 04 fan would kik out wen the temp got low but i could overide it.

dono why the overide doesn't work on this one. it works fine at idle or running down the road at speed.

dono why fan locks up wen i stop every lite or sign, stays locked up into 11th, 12th somtimes 13gear even if temp is low.

the jackobs brake on my 01 and 04 locked the fan when decending a grade made a huge difference, but the eb itself was much stronger the 01 would throw your ass on the dash in 6th gear. i have been told the power leash will not hold like that but the fan would help.

i went off a 5% grade 2day in 6th gear and still had to touch the brakes frequiently to keep it of the chip.

bruce run the overhead replaced the o rings, checked everything close.

the 04 fan would kik out wen the temp got low but i could overide it.

dono why the overide doesn't work on this one. it works fine at idle or running down the road at speed.

dono why fan locks up wen i stop every lite or sign, stays locked up into 11th, 12th somtimes 13gear even if temp is low.

Next time your in I'll turn it on where the fan will engage with the engine brake it helps. In the summer when going slow in very hot weather the A/C will kick on the fan clutch for 1 minute when the A/C head pressure reaches 300psi. I sometimes turn this down to 30 seconds if the truck is in dusty or farm field conditions so not to kick up as much debris. I cant remember what kind of fan clutch you have, I will look it up in the morning, I assume it a air operated Horton. If it has the Behr Electric Viscus fan there is no programing that can be done to it and you cant add a over ride switch on the dash. I got your cab shocks and air drier filter hid out so it will be here when you come by. The man up north working on the EGR bypass is waiting for me to send him some connectors but I have been covered up here at the shop for 2 weeks solid and I havent had a chance to talk to him.

Next time your in I'll turn it on where the fan will engage with the engine brake it helps. In the summer when going slow in very hot weather the A/C will kick on the fan clutch for 1 minute when the A/C head pressure reaches 300psi. I sometimes turn this down to 30 seconds if the truck is in dusty or farm field conditions so not to kick up as much debris. I cant remember what kind of fan clutch you have, I will look it up in the morning, I assume it a air operated Horton. If it has the Behr Electric Viscus fan there is no programing that can be done to it and you cant add a over ride switch on the dash. I got your cab shocks and air drier filter hid out so it will be here when you come by. The man up north working on the EGR bypass is waiting for me to send him some connectors but I have been covered up here at the shop for 2 weeks solid and I havent had a chance to talk to him.

now i understand the reason for the fan kiking on at a stop. i was just getting agravated wen it was not kicking in wen i need it.

i had an airbag failure on the trailer sat nite, put me way behind on my monday 8am del. in brigham,ut. had to run 75@80 mph from central nebraska all the way about 700 miles. exhaust temp ran between 1000 and 1200 all the way, i kept thinking about egr cooler.

day's of thunder, was kinda fun but getting to old for that..

now i understand the reason for the fan kiking on at a stop. i was just getting agravated wen it was not kicking in wen i need it.

i had an airbag failure on the trailer sat nite, put me way behind on my monday 8am del. in brigham,ut. had to run 75@80 mph from central nebraska all the way about 700 miles. exhaust temp ran between 1000 and 1200 all the way, i kept thinking about egr cooler.

day's of thunder, was kinda fun but getting to old for that..

hello bigen what about the 1000 to 1200 pyro reading?? with 80,000 gross and running @ 75 mine never gets over 900 in a hard pull. coming across from Yucca thru Kingman on 40 and down 93 to Phoenix then 10 on home it never gets over 900 in middle of the day ambient temps. I like to run nights then it drops considerably. I've got a Behr electric fan clutch and engine temp is running constant 210 or so. It sounds like you're having good luck these days and that's good to hear.

Stoopid tidbit...if you run your a/c on 'max' or re-circulate, it cycles the engine fan on less often because the a/c isn't sucking as much humitidy/heat out of your cabin air, provided you leave the window up also. Just personal experience, never any scientific basis to my comments...

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

hello bigen what about the 1000 to 1200 pyro reading?? with 80,000 gross and running @ 75 mine never gets over 900 in a hard pull. coming across from Yucca thru Kingman on 40 and down 93 to Phoenix then 10 on home it never gets over 900 in middle of the day ambient temps. I like to run nights then it drops considerably. I've got a Behr electric fan clutch and engine temp is running constant 210 or so. It sounds like you're having good luck these days and that's good to hear.

from big springs,nb. to larame,wy. is hard pull for 200 or more miles, i was pretty much flat on the mat for 3+ hrs.

when i wasn't thinking about coolant i was thinking elk.

Stoopid tidbit...if you run your a/c on 'max' or re-circulate, it cycles the engine fan on less often because the a/c isn't sucking as much humitidy/heat out of your cabin air, provided you leave the window up also. Just personal experience, never any scientific basis to my comments...

thanks gambi every little bit helps.

u ever gona deliver them granades

thanks gambi every little bit helps.

u ever gona deliver them granades

I keep 'em strapped to the trailer and in the yard to keep my broker honest...if there's such a thing... :blink:

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

from big springs,nb. to larame,wy. is hard pull for 200 or more miles, i was pretty much flat on the mat for 3+ hrs.

when i wasn't thinking about coolant i was thinking elk.

I haven't run that route in 25 years but it used to be hell with a super 250. My old mess is doing good nowadays I just wish the AC was better but it stays fairly cool. I never hit an elk but I know for sure a deer will take the shutters and fender out on a B61 so I can only imagine what an elk would do to one of our modern fiberglass rides at 75-80mph.

I don't care for brokers either. I never saw over a couple who were honest. The worst I ever dealt with were with produce out of south Florida and produce out of Califrooty. The best I ever dealt with were Jesse James in Salinas, Ca and Commercial in Haines City, Fla but both are passed on now. I think all the brokers and logistic companies since deregulation are crooks.

I haven't run that route in 25 years but it used to be hell with a super 250. My old mess is doing good nowadays I just wish the AC was better but it stays fairly cool. I never hit an elk but I know for sure a deer will take the shutters and fender out on a B61 so I can only imagine what an elk would do to one of our modern fiberglass rides at 75-80mph.

I don't care for brokers either. I never saw over a couple who were honest. The worst I ever dealt with were with produce out of south Florida and produce out of Califrooty. The best I ever dealt with were Jesse James in Salinas, Ca and Commercial in Haines City, Fla but both are passed on now. I think all the brokers and logistic companies since deregulation are crooks.

glad to hear your trucks doin okay,

i adjusted my fog lites to shine far right, mite not help but maybe scare me another second or two befor i hit it.

if im gona run like that after dark im gona have to get me a cow catcher.

bastards

Reminds me of an old joke, this old truckdriver dies,goes up to heaven,meets up with saint peter,st.peter says "well i see you have a perfect record,never late,no accidents...so as a reward go on over to the heavenly terminal,pick out any truck and trailer you want! it'll be yours for eternity" so the old guy goes over and picks out a fully restored B-61,hooks up to a brand new utility reefer,then reports back to st.peter anxious to get on the road. when he gets back,st.peter says "im sorry son,wish i could go ahead and send you out,but we've never had a broker up here,and don't expect we ever will!..........Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Reminds me of an old joke, this old truckdriver dies,goes up to heaven,meets up with saint peter,st.peter says "well i see you have a perfect record,never late,no accidents...so as a reward go on over to the heavenly terminal,pick out any truck and trailer you want! it'll be yours for eternity" so the old guy goes over and picks out a fully restored B-61,hooks up to a brand new utility reefer,then reports back to st.peter anxious to get on the road. when he gets back,st.peter says "im sorry son,wish i could go ahead and send you out,but we've never had a broker up here,and don't expect we ever will!..........Mark

Mark,

I'll say one thing....that was the BEST story i've heard....especially knowing he chose a B61 Mack to ride into eternity with. I have a story also but have not finished it cause it's too lengthy. I need an editor to help me finish it. Maybe someday.

Thanks

mike

good one mark. i posted on facebook