Work Cut Out For Me:

Rob

"Momma" wants to go to the lumber yard/home center to check on garden center items today as the is in the need of some plants and bushes to finish out the landscape around the house. She asks if I'd like to go also. "Well sure", as I think this would be a great time to get a few treated boards to replace the broken ones on the decks of both my trailers. Well, we get to our local "Menards" store and she heads off to do her thing, and I do mine. I catch back up with her about 1/2 hour later and she has on the cart not only a couple of bushes, (boxwoods) and some plants that I have no idea about, there is a sliding compound mitre saw, (a nice one too). Asking what that is for she tells me it's so I can finish the jobs I started about 12 years ago, (or so). Awww Geez, I hate when she hammers me like that cause the "Momma" has a mind like a steel trap that don't let go. I just get caught up in the shop and she goes and schedules my next two weeks of evenings for me.

We wound up getting out of there with about a mile of casing, base, brick mould, caulk, paint, perimeter weatherstrip for the garage door, and a new astragal seal.

Guess I better get good with the saw.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

"Momma" wants to go to the lumber yard/home center to check on garden center items today as the is in the need of some plants and bushes to finish out the landscape around the house. She asks if I'd like to go also. "Well sure", as I think this would be a great time to get a few treated boards to replace the broken ones on the decks of both my trailers. Well, we get to our local "Menards" store and she heads off to do her thing, and I do mine. I catch back up with her about 1/2 hour later and she has on the cart not only a couple of bushes, (boxwoods) and some plants that I have no idea about, there is a sliding compound mitre saw, (a nice one too). Asking what that is for she tells me it's so I can finish the jobs I started about 12 years ago, (or so). Awww Geez, I hate when she hammers me like that cause the "Momma" has a mind like a steel trap that don't let go. I just get caught up in the shop and she goes and schedules my next two weeks of evenings for me.

We wound up getting out of there with about a mile of casing, base, brick mould, caulk, paint, perimeter weatherstrip for the garage door, and a new astragal seal.

Guess I better get good with the saw.

Rob

Measure twice-cut once

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Measure twice-cut once

Yup. She is already planning additional projects also for the out of doors such as a screenroom off the back door, a foyer for the front of the other house, a new back entrance for the other house also. The list keeps building. How am I supposed to work on trucks with this going down????

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yup. She is already planning additional projects also for the out of doors such as a screenroom off the back door, a foyer for the front of the other house, a new back entrance for the other house also. The list keeps building. How am I supposed to work on trucks with this going down????

Rob

Well I aint never! Stomp your foot a couple of times and show her whos boss round there! Take Charge,,,randy

Well I aint never! Stomp your foot a couple of times and show her whos boss round there! Take Charge,,,randy

I followed that advice; Once. Lost 1/2 of my left nut because of that attitude. "Momma" don't take no sass from nobody ya hear?????

Rob

Rob

Permit delay, permit delay. Some red tape stuff regarding setbacks, yada,yada...

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I followed that advice; Once. Lost 1/2 of my left nut because of that attitude. "Momma" don't take no sass from nobody ya hear?????

Rob

I hear ya, I do, might be safer to just follow her orders, I guess. They start threatening to remove cojones, guess I might cooperate too,,randy

I hear ya, I do, might be safer to just follow her orders, I guess. They start threatening to remove cojones, guess I might cooperate too,,randy

Yeah you're right! you half to be careful about "backsassing" when the "TO DO" list is given out,may be a beatin'in it for you,a night in the "hole" hafta' answer to the man LOL!.............Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

Yeah you're right! you half to be careful about "backsassing" when the "TO DO" list is given out,may be a beatin'in it for you,a night in the "hole" hafta' answer to the man LOL!.............Mark

Mark, Which man are you talking about........Milk Man or Post man?

mike

hope it ain't the UPS man-

milk man jr.

Hey Tom,

What ever happened to the Illinois load? I'm still sitting over here on the side of the interstate waiting to put the GoodHouseKeeping Seal Of Approval on it. :(

I got this hankering for some ribs. I'm sending some sauce for you to try. It will be next week when I send it to you.

mike