May Have Found A Trailer:

Rob

Think I may have an RGN purchased in NY state. If I show up in a tractor with Illinois antique plates, what kind of hoops will I need to jump through to pull this home with the deck empty? Would be planning to travel through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. The trailer will DOT, but has not been used in a couple of years.

If it's too much hassle, I can have it hauled home.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Think I may have an RGN purchased in NY state. If I show up in a tractor with Illinois antique plates, what kind of hoops will I need to jump through to pull this home with the deck empty? Would be planning to travel through Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and New York. The trailer will DOT, but has not been used in a couple of years.

If it's too much hassle, I can have it hauled home.

Thanks,

Rob

IF IT IS TO MUCH HASSLE , I AM IN NEW YORK , I WILL KEEP IT :thumb::pat:

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

I do not know, but I would think that if you own it and are using it for personal use and not for hire there shouldn't be any hassle. But i've thought wrong before.

I'd give Paul Van Scott a call,he's a smart fellow and probably knows the rules better than I do.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

As long as you are non-comercial, have temp. plates and the title in your hand, I don't see any problems. You have to get it home some how, and its not like a truck where they wouldn't get their precious fuel tax money. You should be safe. On the other hand using an antique plated truck to pull a non-antique trailer, that in their opinion could be used to haul commercial goods, may not work out so well. I would suggest getting a good map, you know the kind, the ones that have all the scales on them, posibily under the cloak of darkness.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

I went to Syracuse with my Hist. plated truck pulling my comm. plated trailer. Not a problem, but lucky the scales were closed when we went through. Might want to set it up to avoid any possible confrontation.

In Ohio, as long as you have a signed/notarized title you have like 3 days to drive/drag it around without a plate. Never really had to test that rule, but have heard it before.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...