Chrysler Group Transport To Replace Entire Fleet With Mack Pinnacle Tractors

If you tour the plant this weekend at the truck show you will see some of the Chrysler trucks on line.

"Chrysler Group Transport has decided to replace its entire fleet of 325 delivery trucks in the U.S. and Canada with Mack Pinnacle Series day cab highway tractors.

Fuel economy was clearly a deciding factor when Chrysler Group Transport decided to replace its entire fleet of 325 delivery trucks in the U.S. and Canada with Mack Pinnacle Series day cab highway tractors.

Over the next few months, 235 of the units will be delivered to the group’s terminals in Detroit, MI, and Toledo, OH, with another 90 going to its Windsor, Ontario, facility.

Chrysler uses the trucks to deliver parts from suppliers to auto assembly plants and parts distribution centers. The first of the new Macks – and the first new trucks for this customer in five years – have already arrived at the Detroit and Windsor terminals. All 325 are expected to be in service by the end of September.

A blog post on the Chrysler website points out that these new Macks will save the company money since they use less fuel and require less maintenance. Because they meet EPA 2010 guidelines, they will also cut emissions by 85 percent.

“It’s an important win for the Mack team for several reasons,” said David Barletta, regional vice president. “This customer has never owned a Mack (Freightliner was the previous OEM), so it was all growth business for us.”

It was also a case study on how to close a conquest deal.

David praised the “exceptional team of people” who had a part in winning the business, including staff from the North American Trucks parts and customer satisfaction groups, the Macungie and Hagerstown plants, Mack Financial Services, and the local dealer, Wiegand Mack Sales and Service in Sterling Heights, MI.

“We didn’t just sell them high-quality trucks,” David said. “We made sure the whole package, including our service support, financing, technical training, all of it, met their needs.”"

Chrysler, like the car company? Dont they own Freightliner?

:SMOKIE-LFT: No not anymore, they parted ways a while back when Daimler or Mercedes dumped tthem. Chrysler used to have a bunch of Macks in the Windsor fleet back in the 90's before they merged with Daimler. Too bad Allied systems wouldn't replace those old Volvo's they have with some Macks.

:SMOKIE-LFT: I went past Weigand Mack in Sterling Heights Mich. the last 2 nights on my way to and from the rail yard, and I see the front lot there is full of the new grey Chrysler Macks so you should see some around Detroit area soon. I was also into Chrysler in Windsor the last couple of nights , but don't see any there yet nor at 401 Mack in Windsor either if they are the dealer Windsor's new trucks are coming from, I'm sure they will be getting their's soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I was raised in New Jersey by Port Newark. Back in the mid 60's Dodge was exporting Pick Up trucks with Mack's name on them, there were hundred's of them does anyone remember them ? BULLHUSK

post-5240-031085800 1278876032_thumb.jpg

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

I was raised in New Jersey by Port Newark. Back in the mid 60's Dodge was exporting Pick Up trucks with Mack's name on them, there were hundred's of them does anyone remember them ? BULLHUSK

I never heard of a Dodge Mack partnership in the 60's I only know about the Mack Jr's from the 30's I would like to find out if they did have something going on with Dodge then that would be some rare trucks.

post-5240-093615400 1278876131_thumb.jpg

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

• 2 weeks later...

Back years ago, back when the b-models were new, Mack was own by Signal oil company, the name was changed to the Signal companies later on. Signal wanted to sell Mack to the chysler corp. and a deal was made untill the government steped in. Something like the company would be too large. If interrested I can look it up and get the details.

B61fred

15 gears...no waiting!