Seeking Compassion At This Time:

Rob

Well, seeins the never ending support given by my buds here at BMT, I'll let you know my latest delimma:

You all know my luck with trucks being in the parking area of my shop and running out of fuel. Well here is a new twist:

The other night I was pulling out of my parking lot and going to pick up the mail from the box which is just across the hiway from the shop. I pull out and start to move to the left and onto the shoulder to grab the mail through the left window of the car. Lo and behold, as soon as the left side tires dropped off of the pavement and onto the rocks, apart comes the lower ball joint on the left side!! This of course drops the floor pan of the car on the shoulder, (rocks) and sending the tire/suspension assembly back into the fender. Since there is still some forward momentum with the wheel moving to the rear, the left side 1/2 shaft rips out the boot in the internal c/v joint, scattering the rollers in the gravel. Shit!! I say cause the car is 1/2 on the pavement, and 1/2 in the rocks and it's a little after 9:00pm so it's dark. The car will not move and is setting fast right there!!

I left the engine running, set the four ways, ran across the hi-way to grab my skid steer to get it off the road quickly. Fortunately, I had the forks already mounted so the rest was easy. Without regard I jabbed the forks under the front and lifted it up. Seeing a break in traffic down the hi-way I go pushing the car backwards into my shop parking lot. I was pretty lucky cause I didn't damage anything at all except a bunch of rust chunks fell out, (oh well, with 362,000 miles it don't owe me anything).

After looking at the damage this morning, I go to the parts store and purchase a pair of lower ball joints, and replacement 1/2 shaft to install this morning. Being by myself I couldn't push the lower control arm down with a bar enough to align the lower ball joint stud so I called Nikki for a hand. She was busy for a short time so I decided I'd like to hear a little music so fired up one of my trucks with a V8 engine. Thinking this don't sound half bad, I'll get another and listen in unison. Well, leaving the truck idling, I go get the other V8 truck started, let the air build, and start out the building. After jockeying into position, and parking next to the other truck, I get out to stand in front of both of them and guess what? The one truck is not running!! I think WTF!! I had all the trucks filled last fall so it can't be out of fuel because it hasn't been run 1/2 hours since. This gets me to asking myself, "What would cause the truck to shut down because I know I left it running. Citing my own mental instability I climbed back into the cab and sure enough the keyswitch is in the on position, and the kill cable is shoved in. I'm then thinking, "Gawd, I hope I don't have water".

Well after getting over the initial shock and dissapointment I finally decided I'd better look in the tank. Upon looking in the right side tank, it's discovered to be empty!! Now I'm thinking some moron clipped me for about 45 gallons of fuel over the winter as this truck sat outside. Then I remember I had shut the petcock off on the left side tank as to keep the rt. tank full and not equalize, (the left is getting replaced with new due to step damage). It turns out the fuel guy filled the left side tank instead of the rt!! The truck draws from the rt. tank. I thought this shit was behind me, way behind!! This truck has no hand primer for the fuel and is a real bitch to get started when it starves out. With all the practice of the past it should not be too difficult, (famous last words).

OH well, Nikki showed up and I put the car back together without further complications. It also drives well again. I'll get back to the truck tomorrow. I have a little pump I use for transferring fuel so it won't be a problem to get it running again. Hell, even the weather is nice.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

NOPE! Its your own fault ya big stupid! lol hows the bike? bobo

I knew you'd understand.

I'm going after it on Thursday morning. It is about 14 hours distant so I'll do some visiting along the route.

Formulating an itinerary tonight and getting anxious!!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

seems like y'all stepped in sump'im. With that many miles, parts is worth WAAAAAAAY more than the car.

Lots of fun repriming. Change filters since it may have sucked up doo-doo from bottom of tank.

You been there done that. No need to tell you, just have to 'memeber how

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Rob, was that the little red Pontiac "half & half" car that you were driving when you stopped by here last summer?

Hi Herb, yes it is my 94, and 95 Olds Cutlass. This is first, and only time that car has ever ceased to proceed on it's own. Never have been let down by it. This time was 250 feet from the front door.

Hate to admit but I may have to scrap it out as I don't think there is enough structure left to the front engine cradle mount to make it through another winter. Rust is just consuming the metal.

Rob

Hi Herb, yes it is my 94, and 95 Olds Cutlass. This is first, and only time that car has ever ceased to proceed on it's own. Never have been let down by it. This time was 250 feet from the front door.

Hate to admit but I may have to scrap it out as I don't think there is enough structure left to the front engine cradle mount to make it through another winter. Rust is just consuming the metal.

Rob

You're really lucky it happened there and not while you were jammin' down the highway at 70 MPH!

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

seems like y'all stepped in sump'im. With that many miles, parts is worth WAAAAAAAY more than the car.

Lots of fun repriming. Change filters since it may have sucked up doo-doo from bottom of tank.

You been there done that. No need to tell you, just have to 'memeber how

Indeed,Rob's an expert at running out of fuel in the driveway...in fact,people pick at him so much about it that we probably shouldn't even bring it up anymore,that he runs out of fuel about 3 times a year...in his driveway-so i'm not gonna say any more about it, him running out of fuel-at his shop...in the driveway...running out of fuel.Out of fuel...

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

You're really lucky it happened there and not while you were jammin' down the highway at 70 MPH!

Yeah, cause less than two hours prior, that is exactly what I was doing!!

Rob

Indeed,Rob's an expert at running out of fuel in the driveway...in fact,people pick at him so much about it that we probably shouldn't even bring it up anymore,that he runs out of fuel about 3 times a year...in his driveway-so i'm not gonna say any more about it, him running out of fuel-at his shop...in the driveway...running out of fuel.Out of fuel...

Yup. I however have yet to see somebody duplicate my feats, or defiance to the inevitable.

Rob

geez-how lucky can ya' be, when every time you run out of fuel, break down, or run out of fuel, you're only 250' or less from the yard when you run out of fuel?..or run out of fuel?

Pretty amazing really. Everytime since I've been driving when there has been a failure, it has either been in my driveway, the parts store, a friends house, or my shop. I try to exercise due diligence in maintenance practices and have always acheived high mileage from my vehicles. Seldom do I sell anything cause if I don't trust em, they're scrap yard bound.

Rob

Sounds like you had a fine day. Mine wasn't going too well either.

Got out the track, finally. Got the car out, warmed it up and headed for the staging lanes. Got backed into the waterbox and hit the brake pedal. Hmmm, not working too well. Not good. I can pump them up, but they don't work well. I still made two passes on what I found to be only rear brakes(front disc not working much at all). After a pass, the rotors were only luke warm and slowing 4100# from 118 mph should put some kinda heat into them.

Just went through the brakes, bleed them and all. Stopped and ordered new master cylinder for it. Can you imagine AZone not having one for a

'73 LTD non power disc brakes? Hmmm. LOL!

Car ran really well, suspension upgrades worked great!!! Can't wait for pictures that track photog took.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Sounds like you had a fine day. Mine wasn't going too well either.

Got out the track, finally. Got the car out, warmed it up and headed for the staging lanes. Got backed into the waterbox and hit the brake pedal. Hmmm, not working too well. Not good. I can pump them up, but they don't work well. I still made two passes on what I found to be only rear brakes(front disc not working much at all). After a pass, the rotors were only luke warm and slowing 4100# from 118 mph should put some kinda heat into them.

Just went through the brakes, bleed them and all. Stopped and ordered new master cylinder for it. Can you imagine AZone not having one for a

'73 LTD non power disc brakes? Hmmm. LOL!

Car ran really well, suspension upgrades worked great!!! Can't wait for pictures that track photog took.

we can't either-we love pictures. So what kind of times did you turn?

Hows the Compassion holding out for ya? Think ya might could use some more? DID SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING ABOUT FUEL......OR RUNNING OUT OR SOMETHING?

mike

:lol: running out of fuel? Think I heard something along those lines, running out of fuel...Rob...out of fuel...i'm not gonna talk about him running out of fuel any more though, he needs compassion right now, not a discussion about him running out of fuel. At the shop. In the driveway. Out of fuel.

No fuel.

Yeah we got some compassionate SOB's on here, (IB 1OFEM). I don't need no stinkin compassion, I get sympathy at home from all you guys pickin on me.

Didn't get to screw with the truck anymore today cause I needed a delousing and medicinal bath. Momma's mother was coming by tonight for dinner, and I have to bathe in iodine salts weekly to keep this incessant fungus growth within the skin folds of my stomach at bay. Momma's mother don't much care for the way I smell anyways, so I got to be careful around her. Momma listens to her closely and I usually have a price to pay for being Rob.

We went out to dinner tonight at the local supper club. I had a 28 ounce sirloin that is marketed as "Steak for Two". Momma, mother in law, and Nikki had spaghetti which is also very good but when I go out it's always steak. The owner is a farmer and raises all the beef that is served in his restaurant. It does cost a bit more than the chain steak houses, but with the quality of meat, is worth the difference.

Right now I'm too full to work on the truck. Actually kinda feeling like a beached whale. Got more than my fair share of gas too. Nikki had me eat her spicey meatballs, and I cleaned up Momma's plate when she was through. Mother in law is physically larger than Momma and has my appetite. There are usually no table scraps left over from her.

Rob

Yeah we got some compassionate SOB's on here, (IB 1OFEM). I don't need no stinkin compassion, I get sympathy at home from all you guys pickin on me.

Didn't get to screw with the truck anymore today cause I needed a delousing and medicinal bath. Momma's mother was coming by tonight for dinner, and I have to bathe in iodine salts weekly to keep this incessant fungus growth within the skin folds of my stomach at bay. Momma's mother don't much care for the way I smell anyways, so I got to be careful around her. Momma listens to her closely and I usually have a price to pay for being Rob.

We went out to dinner tonight at the local supper club. I had a 28 ounce sirloin that is marketed as "Steak for Two". Momma, mother in law, and Nikki had spaghetti which is also very good but when I go out it's always steak. The owner is a farmer and raises all the beef that is served in his restaurant. It does cost a bit more than the chain steak houses, but with the quality of meat, is worth the difference.

Right now I'm too full to work on the truck. Actually kinda feeling like a beached whale. Got more than my fair share of gas too. Nikki had me eat her spicey meatballs, and I cleaned up Momma's plate when she was through. Mother in law is physically larger than Momma and has my appetite. There are usually no table scraps left over from her.

Rob

SOB's eh? And after we decided not to bring up the running out of fuel thing any more! Besides, it's not like you ran a truck out of fuel every day, right?..it's just a once in a while thing-we understand :rolleyes:

And your mother in law-no wonder! You should have at least offered her the meatballs first. All you had to do was lick them and roll them around in your hands first and she probably wouldn't have wanted them anyway, but she would think you were wonderful for offering them to her.

We're all here to help!

SOB's eh? And after we decided not to bring up the running out of fuel thing any more! Besides, it's not like you ran a truck out of fuel every day, right?..it's just a once in a while thing-we understand :rolleyes:

And your mother in law-no wonder! You should have at least offered her the meatballs first. All you had to do was lick them and roll them around in your hands first and she probably wouldn't have wanted them anyway, but she would think you were wonderful for offering them to her.

We're all here to help!

Tom....I couldn't have said it any better than you did.......but their is one thing I can't understand about Rob............is why did he need a MEDICINE DOUCHE and why did he lick WHO"S BALLS?

........and all that I thought it was about, was someone RUNNING OUT OF GAS.

........and who ate the 2800 oz. SNAKE?

mike

Rob