2006 Chn 613

We got our first plate in!I made it up last week took ten minutes and a peice of 1/8 plate ,We'll see!????

Haven't heard back on the results yet!Heres for hopen!

I'm still a little leary on turbo wheel speed!

I was actually messing with my Mass flow resistors today. Its been so crazy around here and been stuck on to many big jobs, not enough hr in the day to get them done. I did have a 2004 in today that was running fine but had a active for the EGR valve, found the EGR cooler plugged solid, thought about leaving it plugged (same as a EGR valve block off plate) but customer wanted it cleaned or replaced, filled it full of mineral sprits for 3 hrs the steam cleaned out, all OK. The code wasnt putting it in limp mode just letting you know that the EGR measured flow didnt match the target flow ( has to be off by 10 lbs). That what I have been playing with to fool the ECM into think it does have just enough flow to keep the code from becoming active. I cant wait to hear your results.

How bout this one...?

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2324722

And here's about the nicest daycab Mack I've found on truckpaper...though it's a bit out of my price range and has a 10sp.

http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=2305224

i looked at that one but i don't know anything about ultra shift.

i do know i miss the extra 8" in my birth

i do know i miss the extra 8" in my birth

...That's what she said....hey-ooooh!

I've ridden in a truck w/auto, didn't care for it much. It might be a different story if it was strictly a pavement pounder, but in this case it was off-road hauling corn out of a field.

Anyhow...I can't believe nobody has come up with something in the aftermarket. I've read where guys have just 'unplugged' the EGR in an ISX...and with a Cat you can buy all kinds of different resistors for boost, fuel temp and so on...all to essentially disarm the emissions aspects that are programmed into the computer and give full power/fuel/smoke/boost.

With as many Macks that are on the road and for the myriad of problems the ASET has had, you'd think at least ONE guy would've pulled it off and made a fortune. Maybe that's what FJH and Mackpro are gunnin for... :SMOKIE-LFT:

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

...That's what she said....hey-ooooh!

I've ridden in a truck w/auto, didn't care for it much. It might be a different story if it was strictly a pavement pounder, but in this case it was off-road hauling corn out of a field.

Anyhow...I can't believe nobody has come up with something in the aftermarket. I've read where guys have just 'unplugged' the EGR in an ISX...and with a Cat you can buy all kinds of different resistors for boost, fuel temp and so on...all to essentially disarm the emissions aspects that are programmed into the computer and give full power/fuel/smoke/boost.

With as many Macks that are on the road and for the myriad of problems the ASET has had, you'd think at least ONE guy would've pulled it off and made a fortune. Maybe that's what FJH and Mackpro are gunnin for... :SMOKIE-LFT:

i think they are gonna have an island, get all their supplies off a boat and never look at another truck.

We got our first plate in!I made it up last week took ten minutes and a peice of 1/8 plate ,We'll see!????

Haven't heard back on the results yet!Heres for hopen!

I'm still a little leary on turbo wheel speed!

im thinking about the plate with holes drilled in it, restricted without a total block

what I'd really like to know is if it's practical to switch the present computer out with an older model 460 (pre-EGR) then removing the EGR system and use and old style turbo.

i asked this question(kind of) in your post called another dumb question, this would seem to make more sence than an engine swap, and i would think a heck of a lot cheeper???

i don't know im just guessing????????

that would call for the nobbel piece prize it's been awarded for a lot less!!!!!!!!!!

what I'd really like to know is if it's practical to switch the present computer out with an older model 460 (pre-EGR) then removing the EGR system and use and old style turbo.

i would really like to see this topic discussed thoroughly.

why don't you give it a try and see what you get???????????????????????????????????

maybe the guy who is building the new trucks with older drive trains could shed some light on this?????????

i would really like to see this topic discussed thoroughly.

why don't you give it a try and see what you get???????????????????????????????????

maybe the guy who is building the new trucks with older drive trains could shed some light on this?????????

I might try it when business slows down. Right now we're pretty busy so I'd either have to get another truck to cover my haul or or give up the lease.

I might try it when business slows down. Right now we're pretty busy so I'd either have to get another truck to cover my haul or or give up the lease.

i was talking about starting a new topic on here

im such a posting whore you would probally get more answeres than me

i was talking about starting a new topic on here

im such a posting whore you would probally get more answeres than me

don't look at it that way post about it anyway. I don't think anybody here thinks you're a posting whore. I read all your threads because we have a lot of similar probs/interest and the guru guys give good clear answers and always help.

I wish Mack or the repair manual publishers would hire folks like fred and MackPro to sit down and show them how to write manuals and what to put in them.

don't look at it that way post about it anyway. I don't think anybody here thinks you're a posting whore. I read all your threads because we have a lot of similar probs/interest and the guru guys give good clear answers and always help.

I wish Mack or the repair manual publishers would hire folks like fred and MackPro to sit down and show them how to write manuals and what to put in them.

Naw My manual would resemble a comic book with hyrogliphics! unFortunatly those poeple are writers and don't know the open end from the ring end of a wrench !The guy I REALLY want to meet thou, is the guy that does the flat rate times for the new engines and stuff, He will be a true ledgend!These guys are greased lightning compared to almost anyone ,They do any job Twice as fast as anyone I Know , in almost All cases.AND the engines and stuff they work on work flawlessly when they are done.If you read the manual AND all the stuff they can acomplish in the Time given Its inspiring, He must be an Icon.

That Guy is one Guy I would love to meet! maybe, His Greatness will Rub off on me, Heres for hopen!

Untill then though I'll just GET IT DONE and hope for the best.

honestly the american manuals arent to bad. You work on so Korean or Japan made stuff the translating is real poor! Its a real double wammy!

no offence to gambi but i couldn't do the yellow

i don't really care for the grey one ive got, white is my color.

Yellow isn't my FAVORITE...but it's close. If I could find a truck, or wanted to repaint mine I'd do it in a pewter-ish color, mix between silver and tan. If I had a few more shiney things on my truck it'd make the yellow stand out and compliment it well.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg