Hey Rob-

other dog

...would you make me one of these in your spare time, whenever you're not busy working on your trucks, or at the body shop, or for the the FAA, NASA, or NCAA. Doesn't have to be a classic Fairlane, just whatever's sitting around. No rush, but i'd like to have it before summer. And I don't want a gas grill, i'm going charcoal/wood fired.

thanks,

your pal Tom

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

...would you make me one of these in your spare time, whenever you're not busy working on your trucks, or at the body shop, or for the the FAA, NASA, or NCAA. Doesn't have to be a classic Fairlane, just whatever's sitting around. No rush, but i'd like to have it before summer. And I don't want a gas grill, i'm going charcoal/wood fired.

thanks,

your pal Tom

That's actually pretty neat, and functional. I've seen similar with an older Chevy pickup. Don't know if I'd do that to an antique car, but would rather use the parts as a donor for a restoration. Of course this could vary if the owner was willing to expend the funds to do the job.

Given your love for the grille, I'd help you do it should you be serious.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

That's actually pretty neat, and functional. I've seen similar with an older Chevy pickup. Don't know if I'd do that to an antique car, but would rather use the parts as a donor for a restoration. Of course this could vary if the owner was willing to expend the funds to do the job.

Given your love for the grille, I'd help you do it should you be serious.

Rob

This one is in Australia. It is indeed pretty neat, but I don't do any mobile grilling, it's all in the back yard. Besides, my Ranger probably wouldn't pull anything bigger than a Radio Flyer.

This one is in Australia. It is indeed pretty neat, but I don't do any mobile grilling, it's all in the back yard. Besides, my Ranger probably wouldn't pull anything bigger than a Radio Flyer.

Those Ranger style trucks are a good idea fitting a niche market. They however don't like to perform work other than the occasional grocery run. Power really falls off quickly when any kind of load is added such as a trailer with half a ton on it. I've had a couple rebuilt wrecks around here that were used until sold for parts runs and such.

I liked them for commuter duty.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Pretty cool idea.

Years back a buddy who is bodyman did that with front of a 80's Mustang and build a toybox for his kids stuff. Seen others that build sofas out of them.

About 15+ yrs ago there was a '65 Buick running around with a matching "back half" trailer that he could unhook, attach a tiller to front support tire and using golfcart electric power to drive it around. It was a "C" cab arrangement, with just the back half of the car with back seat. All painted to match. Inventive people.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rob if you do make him one of those i'll run up there and get it with the 'ol suburban.....lol. u might have to help me out on gas money though, it really likes gas......i mean seriously

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy

Hey Rob if you do make him one of those i'll run up there and get it with the 'ol suburban.....lol. u might have to help me out on gas money though, it really likes gas......i mean seriously

just make sure you take 64 east in Lexington instead of 75 south. We wouldn't want my grill to end up in LaFollette.

Joe, Ya might try running tha suburban on 2 cylinders since they are doing that on the new chevrolets. Helps with the gas milage. my best friend lives in Morristown has one of those new chevy's. He's just tickled pink about his new toy. Yaba daba doo :lol:

mike

Well Mike it was runin on 6 cylinders.....those 2 dead plugs made it a whole lot worse. It's really not too hard on gas around 15 to 17 mpg on the highway and 14 on the interstate. Dont worry Tom i would wear the grill out for ya then bring it by.....

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy