2006/2007

FJH will know more about the problems in 04 but if I recall low power, Elictrical issues and Turbos? Turbos were on back order all over the place> I recall many had to wait 2-3 weeks to get a reman turbo. Many Mack Shops would over stock them if they cold get their hands on them and try to keep them off the "system" so they would have them in stock to support the local owners. It was not a mack problem but the turbo MFG was making them look very bad with no spare turbos. Electical troubles, Derate, trucks just shutting off, Not good and around here,lots of old mack owners went to other truck MFG soon after. Low power from emission issues. the engines would just start to come alive and pull then you had to shift. No throttle responce. it was like driving a large truck with a gas engine... this was my experince with the 04 models

I got 4.17 gears in mine...and I wouldn't go any higher (numerically lower). If I changed 'em, I'd go to at LEAST a 4.35 gear. Mine are also 38K, and I'd swap 'em for 46K's in a heartbeat if the new axles had full lockers instead of just the power divider. They usually load me heavy in the nose, anyway...not too uncommon to be 36K or better on the drives. I don't like it, but what can ya do? :wacko: Then again, I'd go to at least an 18K or 20K steer axle, too...that way I could push the 5th wheel up a couple holes to get some weight OFF the drives...and still be legal. I only have a 12.8 axle up front right now....and floaters would be nice in the soft stuff so I don't sink in...and CTI would be nice, too, especially with in-dash controls so I could air up & down depending on load & pavement (or lack thereof)...

Yup. Even if I won the lottery tonight, I could prolly have every dime of it spent by this time tomorrow. :lol:

You're gonna have to 'splain the CTI to me.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Just don't price it! Unless they've come down....I looked into it in 2005 and it was scary. They work awesome off road though. Will put you in where a 6x6 will go.

One of the big lumber mills up north of here won't even hire your truck to pull logs from the bush if you don't have it. It really saves the roads.

Just don't price it! Unless they've come down....I looked into it in 2005 and it was scary. They work awesome off road though. Will put you in where a 6x6 will go.

Like I said...if I won the lottery tonight, I could have every dime of it spent by this time tomorrow :blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I hear you Rowdy. If I won the lottery I'd have the nicest Mack dump truck...slash flower pot parked on my front lawn. I'd fill the box with loam, plant it, then sit on my couch and admire it. B):D

I'd still work....I'd go stir crazy if I didn't. May not work as hard, or as often, or have anyone ELSE's name on the truck...but I'd still be doing something with it. :thumb:

Besides, after I spent it all, I'd have to work to pay my living expenses...although they'd be smaller 'cuz I'd have no loans for anything. It's amazing how far a dollar can be stretched when ya don't owe it to 8 different people 6 months before ya earn it. :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Bigen,

That black '08 was a Holthaus truck. They used to run CL613's with sleepers, then switched to the CHN/CHU's. I looked at that truck as well (just for fun). I happened to catch a Holthaus driver at F&C last week and asked him about their new trucks. Didn't sound like they had the best of luck with them. I sort of suspected that the truck came back with problems, but I don't know that for sure. Good luck with your search.

found an 07 today looks just like mine only windows in berth and duell exhaust 460 mack 13 speed no overdrive and mack rears could be my dream truck. gota get vin# in the morning to check history and gear ratio. 413,000 miles this could be the one.

• 4 weeks later...

at one time the gold dog was to show the truck was 100% Mack drivetrain. I think that changed in the mid 80s? I herd Recently it has been brought back to represent a 100% mack drive train?

I don't think they build one with 100% Mack drive train any more.We have a 2008 CH and it has a Volvo engine.And to top it off The shop put wheel bearings in mine today.2007 with 161,000 miles and the original bearing was made in China.

Edited by 2stickbill