Please Help....... Engine Block Heater On A Cx613 E7

I am here in Minnestoa and it is -20. I just realized that the Block heater cord on my truck was cut into two. I have a new cord but can't find the block heater plug on the engine!!! If someone could please help it would be great since there are no dealers open on sunday and I load early monday morning!!! Thanks

Patrick

763-245-2261

I am here in Minnestoa and it is -20. I just realized that the Block heater cord on my truck was cut into two. I have a new cord but can't find the block heater plug on the engine!!! If someone could please help it would be great since there are no dealers open on sunday and I load early monday morning!!! Thanks

Patrick

763-245-2261

hey try to remember where the cord came out! lol Its at the front right of the block james

Patrick

763-245-2261

How bout on the very rear by the fire wall

Holy crap. I don't know that I'd want to be out in -20 degree temps doing ANYTHING...let alone working on a truck. I think I'd get one of those propane or kerosene heaters...

It's mid 20's ABOVE here and I'm dreading going out to grease the truck. I could PROBABLY get away with waiting 'til next weekend hoping for a warmer day since I just greased it last weekend, but with my luck it'd be 32 and freezing rain instead of 25 and sunny...so I'll bundle up and do it today so I can have the luxury of choosing whether or not to do it next week. I try to get it greased every other week...but in the winter I'll do it more often so I'm not FORCED to do it in unpleasant conditions.

I can't wait 'til I get my shop built....indoor parking/work environment with HEAT! :banana: just bought the land 2 weeks ago. B)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Holy crap. I don't know that I'd want to be out in -20 degree temps doing ANYTHING...let alone working on a truck. I think I'd get one of those propane or kerosene heaters...

It's mid 20's ABOVE here and I'm dreading going out to grease the truck. I could PROBABLY get away with waiting 'til next weekend hoping for a warmer day since I just greased it last weekend, but with my luck it'd be 32 and freezing rain instead of 25 and sunny...so I'll bundle up and do it today so I can have the luxury of choosing whether or not to do it next week. I try to get it greased every other week...but in the winter I'll do it more often so I'm not FORCED to do it in unpleasant conditions.

I can't wait 'til I get my shop built....indoor parking/work environment with HEAT! :banana: just bought the land 2 weeks ago. B)

It barely broke 50 here in "Sunny South Florida". Had my son wash and grease the truck Thursday-mid 60's. S'posed to be a freeze here tonite and Monday nite.

Sorry to derail, didn't look to see where heater runs from plug.

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

It barely broke 50 here in "Sunny South Florida". Had my son wash and grease the truck Thursday-mid 60's. S'posed to be a freeze here tonite and Monday nite.

Sorry to derail, didn't look to see where heater runs from plug.

Tryin' ta get the fiance to hurry her cute little butt up here and pick a date for the shindig....gotta get started making me some little grease-monkeys of my own before I get too old to do the job myself... :lol:

That's why my dad had kids...once we knew our numbers, we were dad's remote. "Hey, put the TV on channel 7!" :pat: When we got older, we had to mow the lawn, do the dishes, and basically every other task mom & dad just didn't feel like doing. By the time I was in high school, I was doing the oil changes on the family cars...with more service & repair work as time went on. :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I never heard of greasing a truck every other weekend. I always thought most people greased their truck every pm/service.

Thank the Lord I'm no where near close to Rowdy, he'd probably make me his grease monkey slave. :lol:

The harsher the environment you run the truck in, the more often you need to grease. Monthly may work fine for a highway cruiser, but when you play in the mud, dust, dirt, etc. every day, you need to grease it more often to make sure the aggregates haven't made their way into places they aren't supposed to be, wearing out parts prematurely. I'm usually good greasing it every other weekend....if I try to push it to 3 weeks, though, I can hear the truck telling me it ain't happy.

I never heard of greasing a truck every other weekend. I always thought most people greased their truck every pm/service.

Thank the Lord I'm no where near close to Rowdy, he'd probably make me his grease monkey slave. :lol:

I grease mine every two weeks, more or less depending on use. What they don't teach you in sex-ed...lubrication lubrication lubrication... Fortunately we've got a shed in which to park the trucks, though it's not heated. The shop has heat but only about 40' of 80'.

As to the second part of that statement...I dunno... :wacko:

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I always greased all my stuff once every 5 to 6 working days, and where I work now we try to do the same.

As Rowdy said, dump trucks need more frequent lubrication to live a long and happy life.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

The harsher the environment you run the truck in, the more often you need to grease. Monthly may work fine for a highway cruiser, but when you play in the mud, dust, dirt, etc. every day, you need to grease it more often to make sure the aggregates haven't made their way into places they aren't supposed to be, wearing out parts prematurely. I'm usually good greasing it every other weekend....if I try to push it to 3 weeks, though, I can hear the truck telling me it ain't happy.

what kind of grease mud and dust do you have in -20 degrees?

Quickie

Grease the boom every week, running gear every month. Grease is cheap insurance.

-20 mud is the worst. It don't give and you twist and roll stuff like never before

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Grease is cheaper than parts, and it is much easier to install.

'specially with one of these:

1162_sm.jpg

http://www.lincolnindustrial.com/asp/products/greaseguns/air.asp

Best $100 I ever spent :thumb:

One thing for sure, DON'T go "cheap" if you want an air-powered grease gun. Don't ask me how I know :pat:

'specially with one of these:

1162_sm.jpg

http://www.lincolnindustrial.com/asp/products/greaseguns/air.asp

Best $100 I ever spent :thumb:

One thing for sure, DON'T go "cheap" if you want an air-powered grease gun. Don't ask me how I know :pat:

Probly because you tried one of those air operated Taiwanese grease guns, the type that put out one pump of grease each time you squeeze the trigger.

I tried one of those too, about 20 years ago, and I never could see where there was much of an advantage gained by having to repeatedly squeeze the trigger vs just pumping a hand operated grease gun.

Later on I bought one of those Lincolns like the one in your pic, those are nice, I still have it at the shop I work at now, only problem is the boss's son uses it to grease his truck and doesn't put the battery on charge, then I go to use it and it's dead! :pat:

Not a big deal though, I just use the shop's power greaser instead.

Patrick

763-245-2261

Look on the back of engine on the passenger side, you might have to stand at back of truck and look above transmission. To install new cord you might have to pull the floor board to get to it. When we install them on ETECH engine we pull the floorboard and knock out that freese plug and install. You could run an extension cord out to the truck and put a space heater in the cab and pull the floorboard and still stay warm. If you have a sleeper you would have plenty of room to work.

Probly because you tried one of those air operated Taiwanese grease guns, the type that put out one pump of grease each time you squeeze the trigger.

I tried one of those too, about 20 years ago, and I never could see where there was much of an advantage gained by having to repeatedly squeeze the trigger vs just pumping a hand operated grease gun.

Later on I bought one of those Lincolns like the one in your pic, those are nice, I still have it at the shop I work at now, only problem is the boss's son uses it to grease his truck and doesn't put the battery on charge, then I go to use it and it's dead! :pat:

Not a big deal though, I just use the shop's power greaser instead.

Me & batteries don't get along too good...had a battery-powered Lincoln at the timber company I used to work at, and even with 2 batteries, I STILL ended up using my manual squeeze one. The Lincoln I bought is air-powered with a variable speed trigger. B)

It's also the 4th air-powered grease gun I bought. :pat: The first was a CH...cheap, $30, had to keep squeezing the trigger over and over again. The benefit is that it's a LOT easier to squeeze the air trigger than it is to squeeze the grease. It worked for the first tube or two I put through it, then it quit pumping grease and I couldn't figure out how to get it to work again. The second one was a cheap, $40 "continuous cycle" gun that I saw at the farm supply store. It worked GREAT....just squeeze the trigger and hold it....but when I used up the first tube of grease, it lost prime I could never get it to pump grease again...although if I loaded a tube of grease in it and let it sit for a couple weeks, I could use it....until the grease ran out, then it wouldn't work anymore. So then one day I was at Sears and saw a Craftsman air-powered, continuous cycle grease gun that said it was "self priming". Yup. I fell for it. It didn't work any better than the other two.

Needless to say, I thought long & hard about dropping the $100 on the Lincoln gun...after wasting as much money as I had on the other ones. The ONLY reason I decided to try it was the fact that (other than the battery issues) the Lincoln grease gun I used at the timber company worked flawlessly.

Like I said...I couldn't be happier with it. Cuts the amount of time I spend greasing the truck considerably. :thumb:

Me & batteries don't get along too good...had a battery-powered Lincoln at the timber company I used to work at, and even with 2 batteries, I STILL ended up using my manual squeeze one. The Lincoln I bought is air-powered with a variable speed trigger. B)

It's also the 4th air-powered grease gun I bought. :pat: The first was a CH...cheap, $30, had to keep squeezing the trigger over and over again. The benefit is that it's a LOT easier to squeeze the air trigger than it is to squeeze the grease. It worked for the first tube or two I put through it, then it quit pumping grease and I couldn't figure out how to get it to work again. The second one was a cheap, $40 "continuous cycle" gun that I saw at the farm supply store. It worked GREAT....just squeeze the trigger and hold it....but when I used up the first tube of grease, it lost prime I could never get it to pump grease again...although if I loaded a tube of grease in it and let it sit for a couple weeks, I could use it....until the grease ran out, then it wouldn't work anymore. So then one day I was at Sears and saw a Craftsman air-powered, continuous cycle grease gun that said it was "self priming". Yup. I fell for it. It didn't work any better than the other two.

Needless to say, I thought long & hard about dropping the $100 on the Lincoln gun...after wasting as much money as I had on the other ones. The ONLY reason I decided to try it was the fact that (other than the battery issues) the Lincoln grease gun I used at the timber company worked flawlessly.

Like I said...I couldn't be happier with it. Cuts the amount of time I spend greasing the truck considerably. :thumb:

:pat: Guess I should have looked at that picture closer, I see now that it's an air operated grease gun.

Speaking of grease guns that refuse to pump grease, I've gotten pissed off at quite a few hand operated grease guns over the years when they refused to "cooperate".

I particulatly remember one occasion when I hurled one at the floor so hard the cast housing on the end busted all to shit, then I took it outside, placed it on the driveway and flattened it with the backhoe bucket of my 580 Case. B)

I use a hand operated grease gun. Works every time-no battery issues, no air line issues.

When greasing the boom, you rotate the pedestal to lube the ring gear. Air line would be twisted around me.

Boy needs to learn the hard way before he looks for an easy one.

Sometimes you need three hands to use

• 1 month later...