Whats A Dm800 Tractor Worth?

I found a 1974 Dm897sx heavy hauler, triple frame , 65 rears 23 front, winch, cab is fair to rough cond. frame has only very minor spreading in the back , orig. 865 v8 and 12 speed, runs good. The owner knows I want it, because I hunted him down to find out if he'll sell it, of course he goes "go check it out again and make me a offer" . Whats would you guys say is a fair price for it?? I had the $5,000 to $6,000 range in mind what you think

Not too long ago a guy from Pitman Pa. had a pair of similar trucks on evilbay and on his own web site, he was down to $3,500 ea before they disappeared, they were chassis with no fifth wheels, but in the pictures and descriptions they seemed very nice, way above average. Yes, I think you're on the right track, but that's only my opinion, and you know what they say about opinions.

Dave

See my Flickr photostream page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96692978@N05/

I found a 1974 Dm897sx heavy hauler, triple frame , 65 rears 23 front, winch, cab is fair to rough cond. frame has only very minor spreading in the back , orig. 865 v8 and 12 speed, runs good. The owner knows I want it, because I hunted him down to find out if he'll sell it, of course he goes "go check it out again and make me a offer" . Whats would you guys say is a fair price for it?? I had the $5,000 to $6,000 range in mind what you think

That should be a ENDT866 375 HP V8 if it's a DM 897.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

i wasnt positive if it was a 865 or a 866 thanks for clearing that up what was the difference between the 3 of them i think one was twin turbo right

The ENDT 864 was a twin turbo Thermodyne, I can't recall the HP of that one.

The ENDT 865 was a single turbo 325 HP. Maxidyne.

The ENDT 866 was a single turbo 375 HP Thermodyne.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Just remember you can always go up but not back down when you are buying ! Terry

I wouldn't plan to use a Mack V8 engine to make a living with as parts are either obsolete, or going that way. A couple months ago I purchased the last lower gasket set in Mack's North American inventory and had a couple other friends overseas check for me also with nothing available. I did check with Mack last week and there are now three of those sets in Chicago, however nobody knows how they were missed in my original search. Liners, pistons and hard parts are discontinued in the OEM, and aftermarket availability also.

I personally like the V8 engine(s) and have three running with another for spare parts. These will not see work again, but retain "hobby status" for me.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.