New Toy

Mike

Since some of you enjoy showing off your new toy's, I would like to show off my new toy. As of yesterday, 6:30a.m. a USA Holland semi backed up into my new shed and drop shipped this new Christmas toy to me. Can anyone guess where it's made and what country it comes from? :)

mike

Since some of you enjoy showing off your new toy's, I would like to show off my new toy. As of yesterday, 6:30a.m. a USA Holland semi backed up into my new shed and drop shipped this new Christmas toy to me. Can anyone guess where it's made and what country it comes from? smile.gif

mike

First guess appears to be a five horse, two stage, splash lubricated Quincy upright compressor. These are made by Colt Industries, Quincy Compressor Division in Quincy, Illinois.

But as I said, "It's just a guess".

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Who cares were it's from..... NEW Compressor, NEW Shop. I'd like to talk to your Santa..

You get the best gifts and you even get them early. :thumb:

GLENN

GRANDKIDS :Gods little gift to us for not killing our kids while they were growing up

All I want, is just to be luv'd and for my Check Engine light to go out on my Volvo.

First guess appears to be a five horse, two stage, splash lubricated Quincy upright compressor. These are made by Colt Industries, Quincy Compressor Division in Quincy, Illinois.

But as I said, "It's just a guess".

Rob

Dang.........took the words right outta my mouth..........

Nice gift, for sure. Now you can buy tools for it to run!!!!

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Yes,...I guess the 5 horse looks like the 7.5 horse but I wanted and bought the 7.5 instead. I'm going to try and install it in my basement. The garage door is about 78 inches and the height of the compressor on the pallet is about that too. So when I get time off from work this weekend i'll have my hands full. I'll also need to borrow the pallet jack from work to roll it from the new garage to the basement. I don't want to take the compressor off of the pallet cause they make a good base vibration dampener. I'll just have to see what needs to be done and comply.

mike :)

Yes,...I guess the 5 horse looks like the 7.5 horse but I wanted and bought the 7.5 instead. I'm going to try and install it in my basement. The garage door is about 78 inches and the height of the compressor on the pallet is about that too. So when I get time off from work this weekend i'll have my hands full. I'll also need to borrow the pallet jack from work to roll it from the new garage to the basement. I don't want to take the compressor off of the pallet cause they make a good base vibration dampener. I'll just have to see what needs to be done and comply.

mike smile.gif

The physical exterior dimensions of the Baldor single phase 7.5hp motor you have are the exact of it's 5hp cousin.

If you are going to install that in your basement invest in a "Solberg" silencer for the intake. You will be pleased as Quincy reciprocating compressers are reletively quiet in operation but the silencer will help even more.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

...and here I thought I was doing good with this:

l_cffdbddd40cf408ba018ffadbab9af9c.jpg

Went through the garage wall so I don't have to open the garage door to get air out by the truck

l_15bc528873de4002a1f69f0d2706fd20.jpg

...and since the compressor is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the way on the OTHER side of the garage, I put a disconnect right by the kitchen door and ran the 220 up through the attic to where I wanted the compressor

l_7fb2e946b55344ceae2a2f2208edf0e6.jpg

...complete with screw-in fuses :thumb:

l_f9b69e4d41e248e5af4a96380db9dca1.jpg

Only thing I really need to do is get a switch that kicks the compressor ON around 100 psi. Airing up truck tires can be a chore, since I have to let enough air OUT of the tank to get it to 90 so the compressor kicks on. Right now it kicks off again around 120, which is fine. Being as old as it is, I don't want to increase the shut-off by TOO much....just want it to kick ON a little sooner. :pat:

Oh well. It was free and it works, so I shouldn't complain TOO much B)

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I started with a small 20 gal 4hp Sears unit and then got a deal on a BIG 60 gal 6hp single stage. I got it and thought I'd be in better shape. WRONG, see since it's only a single stage it takes FOREVER to refill that 60 gal tank. Was better off with small unit, it recovered quicker.

Like to find a two stage pump to install on my tank, but for the money it's probably cheaper to get the whole thing.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Since some of you enjoy showing off your new toy's, I would like to show off my new toy. As of yesterday, 6:30a.m. a USA Holland semi backed up into my new shed and drop-kicked it over the cliff in my back yard, completely destroying it. Now I gotta git me another shed-think i'll make one out of a USF Holland van!

mike

wow, bummer!

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Spent all day trying to get it into the basement. Had to take the filter and safety valve off and the clearance was only half an inch. Next came the duct work on the ceiling to clear. About 2:00 p.m. finally got it where I wanted it....I think....I just installed it where my Sears 2HP, 20 gal. was sitting. I've had the Sears since 1977. It has been the most used tool in my shops. It's like the TIMEX watch. Takes a lickin and keeps on Tickin. :)

mike

Spent all day trying to get it into the basement. Had to take the filter and safety valve off and the clearance was only half an inch. Next came the duct work on the ceiling to clear. About 2:00 p.m. finally got it where I wanted it....I think....I just installed it where my Sears 2HP, 20 gal. was sitting. I've had the Sears since 1977. It has been the most used tool in my shops. It's like the TIMEX watch. Takes a lickin and keeps on Tickin. :)

mike

nice hat

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.