Difference Between B61 And B53?

Hello all! I have been looking for a B61 for a few months now. I ran across a B53 and would like to know the difference between that and a B61? Apparently this B53 has a heavy duty front end? Is this the difference or what. Another question is about the turbo B61's was that an option or what? Iv seen them both ways. Thanks!

-Jeremy

The B53S was a single frame concrete mixer chassis that came out in '63. I think B-61's were made during the entire B-model run. There were more B-61's made than any other B-model.

in the back of my photo archive mack book it lists the B53 as built from 1962-1966 with 2,625 units built.

I may be wrong, but I believe that the difference is that B-53's are tri-axle or quad-axle. The grill was different than the B-61.

this may not be true but from looking at the two, it looks like the b53s were made allittle more heavy duty to accomodate the heavy concrete. the b61s were used more as tractors and such.

Checked into it and previous posts are correct, the B-53 was a mixer chassis. Heavy duty and light weight. No single axle, only tandem or tri-axle. The later ones may have had a quad available - I do not have that information. Not sure but it looks like it might have been a short model like the B-57. It would have been the forerunner of the DM-600 (Dump/Mixer).

Checked into it and previous posts are correct, the B-53 was a mixer chassis. Heavy duty and light weight. No single axle, only tandem or tri-axle. The later ones may have had a quad available - I do not have that information. Not sure but it looks like it might have been a short model like the B-57. It would have been the forerunner of the DM-600 (Dump/Mixer).

it kinda looks shorter but i think its the same length as a b61.