Massey Harris 22K Restoration

Reuhlz

We bought this tractor in July 2011. If the saying goes you can start with a grease stain, we pretty much did that. There were basically no good parts on this tractor. But, it was a rare Kerosene model with special exhaust manifold, and a separate 1 gallon gas tank for starting and then you switch over to Kerosene. Back in the 50's Kerosene was much cheaper than gas. It took two additional donor tractors to put this 22K back together. I hope you enjoy!

Drew

post-12015-0-05070600-1375930526_thumb.j

post-12015-0-41980700-1375930528_thumb.j

post-12015-0-75951000-1375930530_thumb.j

post-12015-0-85105900-1375930625_thumb.j

• Like 1

That is a nice looking tractor. My 1946 JD B would start on gas and change over to tractor fuel. I had it bored out 45 and putting in high compression pistons so it will only run on gas. We are almost ready to put it back together. I am looking forward to that. Our tractor club has several events coming up so I need to get it running.

Doug

Great work. I'm scrounging parts for a 1934 John Deere GP with Dad at the moment. He's also running a 39 A, a 46 B and an earlier B whose year escapes me. The latter was my Grandfathers. My uncle has the other one and he lets it sit in the pasture collecting rust and probably seizing up tight. It's way better than making it run and drive. He won't let it go either. Ticks us off to no end...I hope to get it one way or another...pretty sure I'll out live him by a good bit...I'm sure the cousins don't want it either. Family.

Anyway, nice work...

Thank you everyone for the comments! We are leaving on Tuesday to haul it from Indiana to Paisley Ontario Canada for a World Massey Harris Expo. So it will be starting the show circuit. I just think it would be much cooler being drug around by a Mack truck...

• Like 1

Thank you everyone for the comments! We are leaving on Tuesday to haul it from Indiana to Paisley Ontario Canada for a World Massey Harris Expo. So it will be starting the show circuit. I just think it would be much cooler being drug around by a Mack truck...

That is a very nice restoration job you have done there....I just wish I had that kind of patience. Yes it would look great behind a Mack going down the street...Keep up the good work and be careful heading up to Ontario

• Like 1

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy