...real Solutions For Road Rage

RowdyRebel

Ok, Now I found it in the window. I thought it was the hose hanging up ready to spray someone down. I thought you were getting cleaver.

My mistake

mike :lol:

You suffer from one of two things, old timers or a new pair of glasses. :lol: I'm just messing with ya Mike. :D:P

You suffer from one of two things, old timers or a new pair of glasses. :lol: I'm just messing with ya Mike. :D:P

I watched too many Black and White movies growing up, thought it was from one of the James Bond movies. Now i'm watching mostly black movies now..... only kidding ya Mike. :D:P:PB):unsure:

mike

I've noticed whenever I'm driving in my pickup truck that people drive way nicer around me...don't cut me off...don't tailgate...etc. How far from the house do ya think I'd get before the DOT would be wantin' ta have a little chat with me? I've never seen any regs that would prohibit being armed....just gotta abide by state laws. Only problem I could foresee is the individual shippers and receivers who do not want firearms on their property... :pat:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

Hey, as long as you don't have an ammo in the cab....can't be all too illegal. The only problem would be most any business that has the "NO" firearms notice stapled to every wall.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Hey, as long as you don't have an ammo in the cab....can't be all too illegal. The only problem would be most any business that has the "NO" firearms notice stapled to every wall.

I know in Illinois, there is no regulation regarding transportation of ammo. As long as the firearm is unloaded and fully enclosed in a case, it doesn't matter where the ammo is. The magazine can be loaded and in the case WITH the gun, so long as the magazine is not loaded and IN the gun. That is providing you are an Illinois resident with a FOID card. If you are from out of state, the firearm must be either broken down or inaccessible.

In my pickup, I slide the shotgun into a soft case and put it in the gun rack in the back window. The magazine tube is empty, as is the chamber...but the carriers on the stock and receiver have the rounds in them. I don't see why it wouldn't be legal to do the same in the semi.

Customer property is another story though...in states where legislation has passed to allow firearms to be stored in vehicles, I doubt the shippers or receivers would have a leg to stand on if they said anything to you about the gun...as long as it stayed secured in the truck. Unfortunately, Illinois is NOT one of those states.

I've looked, but I have never seen any regs prohibiting firearms in commercial vehicles. Seems to me that would fall under the recent Heller decision, as the Congress is prohibited from infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms...and an agency borne out of a congressional act...acting upon authority given to it by the Congress...would be bound to the same limitations as the Congress itself.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I've looked, but I have never seen any regs prohibiting firearms in commercial vehicles. Seems to me that would fall under the recent Heller decision, as the Congress is prohibited from infringing upon the right to keep and bear arms...and an agency borne out of a congressional act...acting upon authority given to it by the Congress...would be bound to the same limitations as the Congress itself.

From what I read, as long as that state allows CCW then it's ok.

From what I read, as long as that state allows CCW then it's ok.

CCW is besides the point. All I am seeing is that you have to abide by whatever laws are in place pertaining to transporting the type of firearm in question. I have not seen any differentiation between "private" vehicles and "commercial" vehicles in regards to what is legal and what is illegal. For example, if you can carry a loaded pistol in the cab of your pickup truck without any permits (as in Missouri if you are over 21pokeit.gif) then it would be legal to do the same in a semi truck. You would only need a carry permit in a state which required them. In other states, as Illinois, you would have to have it unloaded and encased (if you are a resident with a FOID) and inaccessible or broken down in addition to being unloaded and encased if you are NOT an Illinois resident. In an open carry state which allows long guns to be loaded in the gun rack in the back window of a pickup, it ought be legal to do so in a semi too.

CCW is besides the point. All I am seeing is that you have to abide by whatever laws are in place pertaining to transporting the type of firearm in question. I have not seen any differentiation between "private" vehicles and "commercial" vehicles in regards to what is legal and what is illegal. For example, if you can carry a loaded pistol in the cab of your pickup truck without any permits (as in Missouri if you are over 21pokeit.gif) then it would be legal to do the same in a semi truck. You would only need a carry permit in a state which required them. In other states, as Illinois, you would have to have it unloaded and encased (if you are a resident with a FOID) and inaccessible or broken down in addition to being unloaded and encased if you are NOT an Illinois resident. In an open carry state which allows long guns to be loaded in the gun rack in the back window of a pickup, it ought be legal to do so in a semi too.

I getcha now.

The 2nd amendment, a reason not to tick off trucker. Oh heckn any one. :mack1:

Don't try it on Postal property though. When I worked there, even if you were going hunting or target shooting after work and had the firearm unloaded and locked in the trunk, you would be fired on the spot if they caught you. If you were a contractor or vendor and they caught you they'd probably arrest you, confiscate your truck, and send you a bill for the whole thing when you get out of jail.

Don't try it on Postal property though. When I worked there, even if you were going hunting or target shooting after work and had the firearm unloaded and locked in the trunk, you would be fired on the spot if they caught you. If you were a contractor or vendor and they caught you they'd probably arrest you, confiscate your truck, and send you a bill for the whole thing when you get out of jail.

I can only imagine the firestorm something like that would set off at my job working on airport(s).

TSA, and Homeland Security do not play around in airports.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

wow i did not know it. doo doo hitting the fan

B)

I can only imagine the firestorm something like that would set off at my job working on airport(s).

TSA, and Homeland Security do not play around in airports.

Rob

well i gess no one would go postal