Howdy From Southern Illinois

Double L

Church brother, church! :D

I actually watch a sermon every Sunday morning after making breakfast with my wife. THis pastor I kinda like cause he doesn't judge the depth of your faith by the generosity of your pocketbook. Since I'm away at technical training at OKC, I called her this morning to ensure she did not miss it and guess what; It was overridden by tennis on the airwaves. Now I don't know about the rest of you guys but any game that has two male individuals playing with each other, and LOVE is any part of the game/score, I don't need no part of.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually watch a sermon every Sunday morning after making breakfast with my wife. THis pastor I kinda like cause he doesn't judge the depth of your faith by the generosity of your pocketbook. Since I'm away at technical training at OKC, I called her this morning to ensure she did not miss it and guess what; It was overridden by tennis on the airwaves. Now I don't know about the rest of you guys but any game that has two male individuals playing with each other, and LOVE is any part of the game/score, I don't need no part of.

Rob

Last I checked, Oklahoma was not on the list of states allowing same-sex marriage. So for now you're safe, Rob. The mixed doubles matches are more interesting anyway.

Gregg

Rob

Sounds like to me she said "Since Robert ain't home I'll watch whatever I want this Sunday morning!" :lol:

Sounds like to me she said "Since Robert ain't home I'll watch whatever I want this Sunday morning!" :lol:

Naw, she turned it off in and we had a long distance coffee "date".

Ya know, 31 years being married to that girl and I still enjoy her company.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Naw, she turned it off in and we had a long distance coffee "date".

Ya know, 31 years being married to that girl and I still enjoy her company.

Rob

Mr. Romantic, that is a rare thing with these young people, seems like they when things get tough they want to bailout and get divorced. What happened to sticking it out and making it work? Oh hell I'm still a young guy myself but me and my fiance don't believe in divorce and get along just great! Couldn't ask for a better person to be with if I say so myself! :D

Mr. Romantic, that is a rare thing with these young people, seems like they when things get tough they want to bailout and get divorced. What happened to sticking it out and making it work? Oh hell I'm still a young guy myself but me and my fiance don't believe in divorce and get along just great! Couldn't ask for a better person to be with if I say so myself! :D

Most of the younger set that I am around require massive entertainment and finest of whatever can be attained/acquired. It most always needs to be a tangible asset or is not right or fitting. Marriage seems to be an immediate gratification thing without the spiritual and emmotional commitment it is supposed to be.

Hell, this don't have shit to do with trucks so I'm gonna shut up.

Rob

Most of the younger set that I am around require massive entertainment and finest of whatever can be attained/acquired. It most always needs to be a tangible asset or is not right or fitting. Marriage seems to be an immediate gratification thing without the spiritual and emmotional commitment it is supposed to be.

Hell, this don't have shit to do with trucks so I'm gonna shut up.

Rob

Of course not, it's suppose to be an introduction thread! :P Somehow that got trainwrecked, I wonder who is at fault here, hmmmmm! :lol:

Of course not, it's suppose to be an introduction thread! :P Somehow that got trainwrecked, I wonder who is at fault here, hmmmmm! :lol:

Other Dog!!

See, he doesn't even need to be present to be judged.

Rob

Actually I was gonna take the blame! :lol:

Other Dog has the broadest shoulders of anyone that I know. Only one person I've ever heard of that would take more blame for our sins than him.

Rob

Other Dog has the broadest shoulders of anyone that I know. Only one person I've ever heard of that would take more blame for our sins than him.

Rob

Now I see why they love to pick on ya all the time hurting ya feelings. :lol: Oh trust me I got a wicked sense of humor but I haven't shown it yet cause I'm still getting adjusted to this forum. :P

Well Larry, Welcome to the site.

BTW, my name is Larry LOL!!!! (where's Daryl?)

I'm late to the party, as usual. I see you've met up with the rest of the clowns here. O-D knows too much about Photoshop(as by the pics he posts). Seems he's able to keep that Pete running long enough to waste time on the computer? Or maybe it's in the shop enough for him to have time to get on the computer?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Well Larry, Welcome to the site.

BTW, my name is Larry LOL!!!! (where's Daryl?)

I'm late to the party, as usual. I see you've met up with the rest of the clowns here. O-D knows too much about Photoshop(as by the pics he posts). Seems he's able to keep that Pete running long enough to waste time on the computer? Or maybe it's in the shop enough for him to have time to get on the computer?

I say it's in the shop more than on the road! :lol: If it was Volvo he may be out of work! :lol:

Thank ya for the welcome Larry!

Other Dog!!

See, he doesn't even need to be present to be judged.

Rob

just checkin' in- truck's in the shop. AC compressor 'sploded. Don't mind cold, but I cain't take the heat!..maybe I am a-well, never mind, we'll just let it go.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

just checkin' in- truck's in the shop. AC compressor 'sploded. Don't mind cold, but I cain't take the heat!..maybe I am a-well, never mind, we'll just let it go.

Imagine that......

A Pete in a repair shop. Sounds like calling the kettle black to me.

Rob

I think Other Dog is abusing his truck on purpose so they will give him a Mack. :P

Naw, I don't think so. Pretty conscientious guy that there Other Dog is.

You have to keep in mind that if you try to operate a Pete as a Mack; It will reside in a repair facility more often than not.

Rob

Naw, I don't think so. Pretty conscientious guy that there Other Dog is.

You have to keep in mind that if you try to operate a Pete as a Mack; It will reside in a repair facility more often than not.

Rob

I couldn't agree more, when it comes to pick up trucks the closest thing to a Mack is them Chevy's! :D

I couldn't agree more, when it comes to pick up trucks the closest thing to a Mack is them Chevy's! :D

Can't agree on that one whole heartedly. I've got right at 200,000 miles on the "trusty, crusty" Dodge without a single mechanical breakdown. It is a V-10 gas, with automatic trans, 4.10 axle gear.

The Mack weighs right at 22,000#, plus the extra axle and hood, and the trailer is about 8300#'s empty.

Thanks to Morgan, (B61 Fred) for the use of his trailer.

I snapped the photo just after getting back to the shop after the 262 mile trip.

Rob

post-78-1244654519_thumb.jpg

post-78-1244654539_thumb.jpg

See now, ya'll we will be argu'n over pickups too. I'm a diehard FORD guy. Got a full garage of'em.

I won't argue over the durability of either Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I've owned, and repaired all of the brands. I don't really think one is built any better from the other, nor is any more durable. It all depends on the maintenance the unit is given.

I think where Ford screwed up is to get away from king pins in the steer axle, (2WD) and using flimsey pivot bushings in the axle ends, and radius arms. The newer ones don't get good longevity due to the ball joints being sized too small. Till they did this to ease up the ride to appeal to the masses, they had the best front end, (my opinion) from a durability standpoint.

The Dodge and Chevy both also suffer from joints that are physically too small to perform adequately for thousands of miles. This coupled with a lack of grease zerks and all parts are short lived no matter the brand.

All I know is the damn things cost too much.

No offense meant to anyone.

Rob

I won't argue over the durability of either Ford, Chevy, or Dodge. I've owned, and repaired all of the brands. I don't really think one is built any better from the other, nor is any more durable. It all depends on the maintenance the unit is given.

I think where Ford screwed up is to get away from king pins in the steer axle, (2WD) and using flimsey pivot bushings in the axle ends, and radius arms. The newer ones don't get good longevity due to the ball joints being sized too small. Till they did this to ease up the ride to appeal to the masses, they had the best front end, (my opinion) from a durability standpoint.

The Dodge and Chevy both also suffer from joints that are physically too small to perform adequately for thousands of miles. This coupled with a lack of grease zerks and all parts are short lived no matter the brand.

All I know is the damn things cost too much.

No offense meant to anyone.

Rob

...to appeal to the masses... reminds me of the Jeep CJ's. They were a very capable off-road vehicle, but they had a tendency to tip over easily when cornering at high speed, especially with bigger tires. High speed cornering was not their intended purpose, nor high speed travel at all, but i've been passed on the interstate many times by Jeeps, running 70+ with kids hanging out of them everywhere. So they changed everything to make them safer on the highway, and in the process took away a lot of the off road ability.

Imagine that......

A Pete in a repair shop. Sounds like calling the kettle black to me.

Rob

They had to put a compressor on it but Jimmy couldn't get the fan to come on with the AC like it's supposed to, so he called Peterbilt in Richmond and told them i'd be stopping by. I unloaded in Petersburg first, then ran up to Richmond to the Peterbilt place. Got there at 1 o'clock, but they had so many Pete's in the shop they said it would be 5 or 6 o'clock before they could even look at it, so I told them i'd run the fan on manual, and left.