Howdy From Southern Illinois

Double L

Where do I even begin, Name is Larry, I was raised around trucks my whole life mostly Mack's and Freightliner's but I'm a Mack man through and through. Rode in a 69 R model, 80's Superliner, several CH's, and a then new 03 Mack Vision when the old man drove for Beelman (CH's and Vision's were Beelman trucks). I worked at a local petroleum outfit in the shop and they only have one Mack CH in the fleet and drove that around the yard a few times, that had a Mack 10spd with the E-7 427. As of right now I'm waiting to start college to get my associates in management and from there I want to buy my own truck ( :mack1: ) and go into business for myself doing some local/regional/otr work. :D

Edited by Double L

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Where do I even begin, Name is Larry, I was raised around trucks my whole life mostly Mack's and Freightliner's but I'm a Mack man through and through. Rode in a 69 R model, 80's Superliner, several CH's, and a then new 03 Mack Vision when the old man drove for Beelman (CH's and Vision's were Beelman trucks). I worked at a local petroleum outfit in the shop and they only have one Mack CH in the fleet and drove that around the yard a few times, that had a Mack 10spd with the E-7 427. As of right now I'm waiting to start college to get my associates in accounting (14 month long program) and from there I want to buy my own truck ( :mack1: ) and go into business for myself doing some local/regional/otr work. :D

:WELCOME: We were hauling piling from Va. to Conoco-Philips in Roxana for a long time, all spring, but I guess it's over with. Hopefully they're just driving some of what they had on the ground and they'll need more later. Things are kinda slow now.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

:WELCOME: We were hauling piling from Va. to Conoco-Philips in Roxana for a long time, all spring, but I guess it's over with. Hopefully they're just driving some of what they had on the ground and they'll need more later. Things are kinda slow now.

I don't remember seeing any F.L. Moore trucks out here, there is a lot of Arrow trucks out here hauling stuff in. They are making a lot of progress and what makes me sad is not one Mack is doing any of the heavy hauling, it's all Peterbilt! :angry: Oh yeah thank ya for the welcome! :D

I don't remember seeing any F.L. Moore trucks out here, there is a lot of Arrow trucks out here hauling stuff in. They are making a lot of progress and what makes me sad is not one Mack is doing any of the heavy hauling, it's all Peterbilt! :angry: Oh yeah thank ya for the welcome! :D

Yup. That danged ole Other Dog is guilty of adding to that dilemma too.

I'm sure he hates it as much as you do, but a guy has to make a livin someway; no matter how low they must stoop; Even by driving a Pete.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Yup. That danged ole Other Dog is guilty of adding to that dilemma too.

I'm sure he hates it as much as you do, but a guy has to make a livin someway; no matter how low they must stoop; Even by driving a Pete.

Rob

Ain't that the truth, but I'm about being different and when time comes to start my business it'll be all :mack1: and I was into a truck of another make then I jumped into that ole CH and I called myself crazy for liking that other junk. :lol: :lol:

Edited by Double L

welcome to the group....There seems to be a anti- peterbilt sentiment here.. If you haven't picked up on it yet,Haha....

Fred

I been around Freightliner's, Peterbilt's, and Mack's. Peterbilt can brag about quality and Freightliner about fuel mileage but you get the best of both world's with Mack! I compared the interior of a 99 Mack to the same year Freightliner and Peterbilt. My findings was that the Mack held up a hell of a lot better, didn't show any wear and tear besides the seat and is a hell of a lot easier to detail!

I do

Now my grandpa did nothing to deserve this and I'm highly offended by this usage of his likeness without proper compensation applied to my personal bank account citing that I was the executor of his will.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I know some people want to put a face to the poster so here is my mugshot of me and my fiance.

MeandMariah.jpg

Looks like the makings of a fine young family there Double L!

Rob

Now that just ain't right, I'm offended you better replace it with :mack1: merchandise not junk!

oooohhhhhh, I'll bet that leaves a red mark!!!

American Smackdown begins.......

Rob

oooohhhhhh, I'll bet that leaves a red mark!!!

American Smackdown begins.......

Rob

hey, it was good enough for grandpa!

btw, i've scrood around with this picture so much i've lost the original face...uh, you wouldn't happen to have, uh... maybe you could post it again so we can continue to mess with it?..perhaps?..just a thought (Paul VanScott)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w5Le0w4pQ8

Once again the thread has been hijacked and steered hard into the ditch. Now I will attempt a corrective manouver and get back onto the original course, that being the business of welcoming Larry to the forums. These guys may try to steer you in a bad direction sometimes, you just gotta be aware. So far I think you'll be OK; you got past that Mack / Freightliner debate early in your career. That shows tremendous common sense unwavered by general consensus. :thumb:

:WELCOME:

Gregg

Once again the thread has been hijacked and steered hard into the ditch. Now I will attempt a corrective manouver and get back onto the original course, that being the business of welcoming Larry to the forums. These guys may try to steer you in a bad direction sometimes, you just gotta be aware. So far I think you'll be OK; you got past that Mack / Freightliner debate early in your career. That shows tremendous common sense unwavered by general consensus. :thumb:

Gregg

I noticed that and I tend to hijack some threads myself. Common sense is lacking these days!

Gregg

The blame rests squarly upon the laurels of that Other Dog character.

Rob

See how they are, Larry? Always blaming each other. That is what's wrong with this country. We've gone off in the ditch and nobody's responsible.

Underdog;

Weren't you nominated for president of this great country and declined? That was a pristine opportunity to engage the inherent problems within the laws and governances we must live under, and abide by, to offer a lead to a path of correction for the flaws that are important to you as brought to the forefront.

No one has "blamed each other". In this example Other Dog has not blamed me for anything. I just "cut to the chase" and placed blame for the alternate paths some of these threads take where it belongs!

This is of course; "The way that I see it".

Rob

Besides, if we were like real politicians we'd have a secret meeting in the back room of a body shop at an undisclosed location somewhere in the midwest, with a cloud of cigar smoke over us and the liquor flowing freely- then blame somebody else that had nothing to do with us veering off course, like nocluejoe, or perhaps Greg Rider :unsure: