How Large Of Dump Bed?

Rob,

The old r-600 that I have ( I refer to it as the"possium" ) Has a 15ft box. As you already know your skid steer will dump into it ok, That truck and your skidsteer moved alot of dirt at my place last summer. The truck has a sick 285 hp mack with a two stick 6 speed, and 4.17 ratio rear. It goes down the road no problem, and off-road is ok.

fred

2 stick six speed TRXL107 in 1st lo is 14.10:1 multiplied by 4.17:1 rear end ratio is 58.80, just about at the "magic number" of 60.00 for off road startability, therefore it would work quite well. I've owned several Macks with that setup in the past, and I always considered that the "bare minimum" for overal reduction for dump truck use.

Rob is proposing to use the Mack 10 speed with a 1st lo of 11.00:1 and rears with a ratio of 3.70:1 which equals 40.70, nowhere near enough reduction to get a loaded dump truck moving in soft ground satisfactorily.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

2 stick six speed TRXL107 in 1st lo is 14.10:1 multiplied by 4.17:1 rear end ratio is 58.80, just about at the "magic number" of 60.00 for off road startability, therefore it would work quite well. I've owned several Macks with that setup in the past, and I always considered that the "bare minimum" for overal reduction for dump truck use.

Rob is proposing to use the Mack 10 speed with a 1st lo of 11.00:1 and rears with a ratio of 3.70:1 which equals 40.70, nowhere near enough reduction to get a loaded dump truck moving in soft ground satisfactorily.

I do know that rob has a 2 stick 6 speed that is in his surplus if need be.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

You asked for it, so here it is (I have so little to do!)- the super duper deluxe model Robmobile, with all the previous features plus a ThermoKing reefer unit for AC, and an extra large fuel capacity- includes the special "run out of fuel insurance" wrecker just in case he runs out of fuel anyway.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Tom,

What about some Fire Protection Insurance with that rig, since the chimney is so close to the fuel tankeerrrrr. And what about the Pit Crew that goes along with the parts truck and trailer to haul the racecar on and also a boat, ya got to have a boat to go fishing. He might fall upon hard times and need to revert to servival tactics.

mike

Tom,

What about some Fire Protection Insurance with that rig, since the chimney is so close to the fuel tankeerrrrr. And what about the Pit Crew that goes along with the parts truck and trailer to haul the racecar on and also a boat, ya got to have a boat to go fishing. He might fall upon hard times and need to revert to servival tactics.

mike

Geez, are you ever satisfied?..good point on the chimney though- i'll move the fireplace to the front, put the reefer in back, and lengthen the tongue on the fuel trailer. I was trying to keep the overall length as short as possible, so it'll be legal on rt. 6 in Nelson co. That's a design flaw on my part. And a boat will fit on top of the fuel trailer. As far as the other stuff, he's on his own.

It took me hours and hours to design and draw up these different versions of the Robmobile camper-well,arrright then, minutes, it took lots of minutes to draw all this crap and Rob doesn't even make a witty or funny response...as of now i'm officially retired from the automotive design bidness-done-finished-through!..and I was just trying to help. :angry:

It took me hours and hours to design and draw up these different versions of the Robmobile camper-well,arrright then, minutes, it took lots of minutes to draw all this crap and Rob doesn't even make a witty or funny response...as of now i'm officially retired from the automotive design bidness-done-finished-through!..and I was just trying to help. :angry:

Keep it up. I'm evaluating your proposal for final implementation as the "suspension of hostilities" currently enacted around here is temporary at best; So I need to plan for the future.

That 64 cubic foot residence in the back yard is a little cramped for guy my size.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Tom,

No maybe the wrecker's boom can lift it high enough to get it off the tanker. It does look mighty close. Close enough for Government work. Humm.......just thinking if you had worked for Chrysler they would probably still be in the black. You know that Rob would not have ran out of fuel if you had designed him a Mack that just needed plugged in to house current. I just wonder how long a oiless air compressor can run daily and how much it can pull?

mike

Herb 1st off thats a good looking :MackLogo::thumb:

we (my family's company ) had a 79 R 686 W/ a 15' bed w/ 3' sides we had a few customers/clients w/ skid steers (bob cats) who done concrete work & it was the perfect bed hight wise for them to load any time any of the concrete guys called for us when they had a old driveway or trailer parking pads (warehouse) to tear out this was the truck they favoreddue to the beds low height .

wish the DM i drive now Had a low height bed sometimes just for that reason . ;)

later

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: