Air Intake Cooler

I am taking out my 637 and installing a 237. The question that came up today was what to do about the air to air cooler. There is no room to put one before or after the radiator. Anyone have any ideas? Do I really need one? I was going to put a large air cleaner under the truck.

thanks

jaimejava script:emoticon(':mack1:', 'smid_14')java script:emoticon(':bulldog1:', 'smid_10')

If its a 237 (ENDT675) it doesn't have a air to air cooler, air just goes straight from the turbo to the intake manifold. On the other hand, if you mean a ENDT 676 285 HP with the tipturbine aftercooler, then the easiest thing to do is visit a junkyard & get an air cleaner off a truck that had a motor of that type, it will have a separate element for engine intake air & one for tip turbine air. Then you'll have to rig up some custom ductwork to get it all hooked up. There was also a few equipped with a separate filter for the tip turbine which was mounted under the hood with a air scoop on the hood, though that prob. wouldn't be adaptable to a cab forward fire truck.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Give these guys a try. They are building the charge air cooler for my B-61: www.qst-corp.com.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Give these guys a try. They are building the charge air cooler for my B-61: www.qst-corp.com.

Rob

Where are you going to mount it, i know they go in front of the radiator, are you going to install a bigger radiator to keep the engine cool or mount it somewhere else.

Where are you going to mount it, i know they go in front of the radiator, are you going to install a bigger radiator to keep the engine cool or mount it somewhere else.

I'm not going to have a Luberfiner and the charge air cooler is on the driver's side. It will use a "ducted fan" to force air through the core. I haven't quite figgered out where I'm going to get the cooling air for the core yet but am "toying" with using the cowl vent panel for an air scoop.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.