Cv713 Frame Cracks

Have any Granite CV owners found cracks between their front spring hangers? There is a Technical Service Bullitin from Mack on this. BUT my truck is over the 3 year 300,000 mile warranty..... What Im wondering is if anybody has had their frame rail replaced? Or what they did to fix the problem. If there are any MACK dealer people on here, can you tell me if this is a big problem? I find it hard to believe that MACK has replaced the frame rails on all the CV trucks from 1999-2007.

Here is macks TSB....

http://www.macktrucks.com/assets/mack/Serv...ns/sb121037.pdf

yes i know a few guys with that probem, on a tandem dump truck 2 to 3 weeks to replace frames, roll offs tryaxles 5 to 6 weeks, me i would not replace frame, i would weld,reinforce with a sleave on the inside of the frame

I think that mack has extended the warranty on the frames, maybe someone on here will know better than me

if you look in the TSB, there are some sleeves that you order AFTER you put in the new frame......... So apparently not a new frame rail fixes the problem? I used to love Mack, but this just sucks. Any more info from anybody would be helpful...... Thanks!

I would have a reputable welder repair the crack and install the insert if its out of warrenty.They arent putting them inserts in there for nothin!

We have done only one of these and the truck had been severly punished!Not impling your beating it Because there was an odvious problem with the rails if It had tsb.

1 out of 6 CV's I've checked has had a cracked frame rail in that area. Most always on the bottom side. Most guys just go have it weled back up. All the cracks I've seen were no more than an 1 1/4 inch long. I called our District Service Manager about this on some "out of warranty" repairs and there is no extended warranty with this failure.

1 out of 6 CV's I've checked has had a cracked frame rail in that area. Most always on the bottom side. Most guys just go have it weled back up. All the cracks I've seen were no more than an 1 1/4 inch long. I called our District Service Manager about this on some "out of warranty" repairs and there is no extended warranty with this failure.

No extended warranty? This sucks no warranty on one of the most important parts of the truck