Saved From The Scrap Yard

Was driving by the scrapyard located outside the corn processing plant I was hauling into today,and I spotted something very familiar load on a trailer waiting to get inside the gate,a B model cab.I hit the shoulder and ran over to check it out.The hood,headlight panels,floor panels,fender inners and tops were all inside he cab.It all was really nice shape,gutted for sandblasting,hardly any rust,floor and bottom back of cab solid as a rock,very few dings from loading.Made a quick deal with the guy and the owner of the scrapyard to CAREFULLY unload it.Soon as I got my corn unloaded I hauled ass for home and went back after it.

The Mack Gods were obviously on the ball today,otherwise it would have been gone forever.

Was driving by the scrapyard located outside the corn processing plant I was hauling into today,and I spotted something very familiar load on a trailer waiting to get inside the gate,a B model cab.I hit the shoulder and ran over to check it out.The hood,headlight panels,floor panels,fender inners and tops were all inside he cab.It all was really nice shape,gutted for sandblasting,hardly any rust,floor and bottom back of cab solid as a rock,very few dings from loading.Made a quick deal with the guy and the owner of the scrapyard to CAREFULLY unload it.Soon as I got my corn unloaded I hauled ass for home and went back after it.

The Mack Gods were obviously on the ball today,otherwise it would have been gone forever.

Nice find! There should be a law against scrapping old macks!

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 2 weeks later...